Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandits, It's July!!!!!!!

Hi to all of the April team, I was going to start this a couple of days ago, but it wasn't July there yet, where you all are hehehe!!!

How is everyone. I am doing well, back working for my airline, I have to be really careful eating on board, I am convinced the band works more in the air, due to pressurisation, I have to be soooo careful, no big faux pas yet!!!

My weight loss is slow, so slow I don't think I have it registered in the running weight loss, I wanna take it all in my own time, and I have lost, and I am happy for that. I don't wanna make it into a competion by comparing myself with other people. I have to downsize my uniform by 2 sizes so that is great, think I might see if I can get a tweak in the next few days, luckily my surgeon is only 10 mins away!!!

Does anyone live up Atlanta way?

Cheers and thinking of you all!!

Fi aka amourette!:clap2: :D

Salut Amourette and the April Crew,

Congratulations on the two new sizes of work uniforms, Amourette. That's fabulous.

Happy July to all of us. I'm trucking along and fill #3 is treating me well (I got 3 fills in 3 weeks because it took that for me to feel ANYTHING). It's not the "sweet spot" but it's pretty close and I'm comfortable with it for now.

Meanwhile, I discovered Propel Fitness Water this week, and I'm in love. YUM. I think this is the kind of thing I'd have hated pre-band, but tastes delicious now. It's good to have another non-carbonated option for getting in the fluids.

I'm off to the gym. Happy day to all, and happy 4th to all the Americans.

My weight loss is going pretty slow too, definitely so when I look at how much the other April Bandsters have lost compared to myself. So far, I have only had one fill. I know I need another one, but had to learn to play nice with the first one first. I was bad and eating too fast and taking way to big of bites, so I did a lot of pb'ing the first week. But, when I eat slow and take small bites, I can eat a large amount of food. I am thinking about calling my doctor tomorrow and setting an appointment for fill number two.

My daughter had the strawberry-kiwi propel fitness Water Sunday when we were at the beach. I was dieing of thirst and took a drink. I know what you mean, that stuff is good! I am going to be stocking my fridge with some.

Have a great 4th everyone!

Hey gang-

I haven't checked in for a long time. Shame on me. I am looking for my third fill as well but have a few concerns. One, I can still eat a lot - ugh!!! Two, My first fill was on 1 cc and when I went back a week later there was less than 0.5cc left in the fill. Then I got another fill of 1ml and for a week and again I feel like I have barely any restriciton. Planning on going back on Friday again for another fill but where are my fills going? Also, I was concerned when I found out I have only a 4cc band - what will I do if 4ml is not enough. What determined placing a 4ml vs 10ml band? I wish I had thought of this sooner so I could have specified the bigger one. I am down a little over 25lbs but it feels like it is moving like a snail.

Deb

Hey April crew - glad to see people are moving along and doing well.

My weight loss has been good, but it has not been easy at all. I had my first fill about a month ago, and I swear it's gotten tighter as time has gone by. I feel like the amount I can eat is getting smaller and smaller - but the cravings certainly haven't gone away and I crave ice cream like crazy. My excercise schedule is still less than impressive, it's just really hard for me to stick to a schedule. I have to figure it out though.

anyway, good luck to you all, keep up the good work.

Hey all....congrats to all of us for making it this far and still maintaining our sanity (kinda!). Yayyy us!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Happy July everyone and keep up the good work.

I've been losing slowly as well but am hoping things will turn for the better once I experience this mystery called restriction. I go for my 3rd fill on Thurs....some of you may know that they couldn't fill me last week (read my thread on the frickin' fills!!) so I'm hoping it goes better this week; I'm a wee (read "lots") bit anxious about it!

Everyone is doing great!!! High 5s to y'all!!

:(:)

Oh, my, gosh! I coulndn't find our thread.

Well, I have officially joined the bandster club and am no longer a PB virgin. Not exactly what I had planned to do, but the pork chop thought differently. Slimed for about 25 minutes before the blasted bite FINALLY decided to come up. Meanwhile, I have two crying cats because mom is walking around, flapping her arms, and yelling at the stupid pork chop. Such a site to see!

Anyway, I hope the rest (or most) of our group is still PB free.

Audra

Hello everybody,

how are you guys doing? Im not moving with my weight at all but its completly my fault.Why? Cause my food cravings were crazy lately and I was at my parents summer house so we were basically pigging out-weird that I have that only when I go to see my parents,it doesnt happend to me in such a terrible way anywhere else.And I wasnt excercising much lately,because its like hell here in Europe everyday its around 33 Celsius and no rain...

But I promise I will do better, actually I started right in the morning today.-)Hopefully I will keep it in mind later in the day.

Im still without any fill, Im seeing my doc tomorrow and I will let you know how it goes.

Oh yes and I threw up two times,big time. I woke up in the morning and after my pills I had Breakfast two slices of Wasa light with cheese, guess I was tootight in the morning and although I was chewing well it got stuck and nothing helped.So I started sliming and then you know the story. I dont eat bread, no Wasa for me in the morning...in the end I will end up only on liquids - thats my guess- lol

Have a great one and dont forget to update:-)

Eva

Hey...nice to hear from the April bandits! Congrats to everyone...in the whole scheme of things, I think we are all doing well!

I do have restriction now....so they mystery of the "feeling" has been solved for me! I'm likely not at my sweet spot or anything but at least I have some which is good for now. My next fill the Doc wants to do in the hospital (as opposed to his clinic) under xray (fluro) and that will be in late Aug (if I need it).

I'm still trying to figure this all out. I "think" I'm eating the right amounts....I usually stop when I should...but I don't know if that is because I'm actually feeling full or satiated OR if it is out of incredible FEAR of eating too much and having a PB or something worse (I'm still a virgin in that territory!).

Good luck all.....

Hi guys!

My weight loss is at a snail's pace... I am bouncing up and down with the same two pounds for the last two weeks.

I let myself cheat a little this past weekend, so I am really working hard to get back on track.

This has turned out to be alot more work than I had thought. I really have to count every calorie and force myself to exercise all but one day each week.

Hope all is well with everybody.

Hi all! I'm stuck at 303 and it's frustrating as hell because I so want to be in the 200's! But I'm feeling great, getting to the gym, eating well and not PBing, so all in all I have it good.

I'm seeing my surgeon on Tuesday for the first time since my surgery date. I've seen others in his practice since then, of course, but he wanted me to check in with him in person, so in I go.

Hi everyone.

I'm very happy with my weight loss to date (41 pounds since March) and haven't had any problems at all (knocking on all the wood I can find!). I went for my second fill yesterday so I'm up to 6.5 cc's and I definitely can feel the restriction. First fill I only felt restriction for one week, so I'm hoping this one will be good for a while. I was so sure that I had gained a couple of pounds since my last fill on June 6th but I actually lost 9! I bought new clothes (2 and 3 sizes smaller) recently and actually enjoyed shopping! That hasn't happened in ages. I just noticed today that I am further away from the steering wheel when I'm driving and it's so much more comfortable. I think I might have to move the seat forward just a bit. I am thrilled with this band and just love seeing that scale move down.

On a good note, my sister who pursuaded me to go to the informational seminar in the first place has her surgery scheduled for August 4th. She has been denied twice by her insurance company as a non-medical necessity (she has a lot of problems health wise and she gets denied - I have no health problems but my high BMI) and is appealing to the bigwigs via the use of a lawyer. She's a federal employee so it goes through Washington, DC, but whether or not they overturn the denial, she has reached the end of her rope and will self pay. She's having real doubts right now that she wants to go ahead with the surgery and it's funny because I re-read our comments prior to our April surgeries and we were all in the same boat just 3 short months ago. It's easy to laugh a little at her nervousness because I can still remember how scared I was! I even replied to her email today by sending her what she sent to me when I was telling her how scared I was. It sure is easier to give advice than to receive it.

Sorry about the long post, but keep up the good work everyone!

Hi all, I was banded April 24th. So far I am down about 30-32 pounds depending on the day!! I have had one fill of 1.25cc's. I have another appointment on the 21st of this month, but unsure whether I will be getting another fill, we will discuss it then. If I do it will be 1/2 cc., very small adjustments from here on out my Dr. said. My weight did really well in the begining, but has been slower this last month. We got some scary news about my DH, he is going to be having open heart surgery the 2nd of August. His Mitral valve is failing. He was supposed to have had the surgery 3 weeks ago, but developed a blood clot following the heart catheter test they did...so now he is doing massive blood thinners, and waiting the requisite 6 weeks. I have spent a lot of time in the hospital, and traveling, because the hospital they will operate in is almost 200 miles away. Needless to say, my diet has been on a back burner. Hopefully once we get this behind us, I can focus again, I just feel scattered right now. I do know without the band, I would have gained like crazy over this time, I am a stress eater big time!!! Instead I have actually dropped several additional pounds, and not gained...I love it!!! I too am seeing a difference in how I fit behind the steering wheel! Also how I fit behind DH on our motorcycle, he says there he really notices it!! All of my clothes were so stretchy, I have not tried on any smaller sizes, I do not want to be disappointed!! But I have measured regularly, and am losing a lot of inches. In my waist alone I am down 7 inches. That was my problem area, a HUGE belly! So when I need fall clothes, I am hoping to see a size change!! Continued good luck to all of you!!!

Kat

Hello all,

so I went for my monthly checkup today and I asked for fill, the doc said he would give me a fill not earlier than in SIX months from the op.so I have to wait till october,I know that he wants to be sure that everything is healed,but its a bit far away,so for now on I have to stick with eating well and excercising...oh well