Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I'm on soft foods now and made my World Famous (in my families eyes) baked chicken teriyaki last night and brought some in for lunch today. I didnt eat any last night but here I am today, trying so hard to eat it when it dawned on me that it tastes, it tastes... Blah!! As if it really doesnt have any flavor. Has this happened to anyone else?? Is this what everyone says about our taste buds changing?? Are more of my favorite foods gonna start tasting blah to me???? Or did my chicken just not come out right this time?

My taste buds have changed, I use to love yogar, tuna fish, chicken salad... now, cant eat any of those things...they just dont taste right. I also am finding things I like now that I never did! Its odd, but I have seen other people say the same thing after WLS... they also have said give it time, maybe you didnt care for the chicken teriyaki today, but 2 months from now you will love it again...

Lots of times when they put you to sleep the medicine will make food taste a little different for 3 or so monthes. I know my taste buds are just now getting back to me.

I find my taste for foods have changed too. I used to have such a sweet tooth and now I feel physically sick if I take a bite of something very sweet. I tried some yogurt with caramel sauce on it (hubby's) and couldn't eat it. I can eat plain yogurt but it seems to be the sweet sauces that turn my stomach. I guess I shouldn't complain! :D

You may find that your appetite for your chicken returns after awhile too...I've heard people say that their tastes sometimes returns.

All types of things don't taste the same to me as they used to. Which makes me happy because I am less inclined to eat things! In fact, I wish more things tasted strange so I would have an even more limited ability or desire to eat! I noticed when I tried to take a sip of my husband's Dr. Pepper the other day how chemical tasting it was. I am so thankful it tastes so bad and that the carbonation is too much for me, because it was a huge problem for me pre-surgery.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches