Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cleaning Out the Closet

So since I am going to NJ this week, I thought I would clean out my closet of clothes that don't fit and bring them to my sisters. Holy Cow Batman!!! I had a lot of stuff ranging from size 14 to 18. Good thing is my sisters ( I have 4 sisters ) range from 14 to size 18 :D. Ok, so that being said, I was thinking what the heck am I going to do about clothes. Then in the back of my closet was a big plastic bin. About 6 or 7 years ago, I lost about 60-70 lbs (from start of my journey last June I am down a total of 64lbs, 59 if you put back the damn Water weight I am holding LOL) and of course a month or two after I reached that point the yo-yo went back up. I know all of you guys have been through this and knows what it feels like :( . In this bin was all of those clothes I bought pants a size 12 and a couple of pairs of 10's that still had the tags on, I bought because I was so sure I was going to reach that and shirts from L to XL. My work clothes are pretty standard, button up shirts in various colors and black, grey or brown slacks. So all of these didn't go out of style so to speak. Tadaaaa!!! I have a whole new wardrobe again, and my closet is full again LOL. I totally forgot about those clothes. I just saved a TON of money LOL.

Congrats!!! I too held onto tons of 'skinny clothes' from previous years, cheers to meeting up with them again!!

Congrats!!!! :)

I had a box of clothes my aunt gave me, along with a couple of things I threw in there, when she lost a lot of weight about 4 years ago. I opened that box almost too late. They were mostly 22's. Now I am wearing an 18 and have to buy clothes again. It is a nice surprise to have and a lot cheaper than having to buy new stuff.

YAY for you!!! I'm sure that feels great- to wear those clothes and to save $$$$! I too have some bins in the back of my closet that I need to go through. Hoping like you I can save some money on this journey and then splurge once at goal. :D

Awesome!

I have been "shopping" in my closet too, its fun!

Fantastic! I wish I have saved my skinny clothes too from 15 years ago, I had really nice skirts then. I threw them away when I thought I would never get back to size 10 again. Shame.

How wonderful for you! I love "shopping" from my saved "skiiny" clothes.:rolleyes:

LOL! I just posted a status update about this very thing. Should have looked to the left and posted here instead! :)

Yay for skinny clothes!!!!

I had 3 (yes THREE) bins full of clothes. It was amazing sliding right into them!

And now I have a new problem.... I am skinnier than my skinny clothes! OMG. Never ever thought I would see the day ; )

I just donated 15 bags of clothes to a mission by my house last weekend. I donated them rather than give them to someplace that would sell them!

I am the smallest I have been in 10 years and do not have any smaller clothes! I wish I had a stash of clothes somewhere! I went thru all my stash already!

I have already had to buy new pants twice, not complaining, but clothes are soooo expensive! :(

Kelly

I'm kinda wishing I hadn't thrown out all my clothes from when I was smaller. I had been holding on to them saying "Well, someday I might lose weight and fit in these again". Last year, I got disgusted with myself and said "Ugh, I'm never going to lose weight, these are just a waste of space!" and donated them all.

Well, I guess it will be good to be able to reward myself with new clothes instead of "Yay, I lost 10 pounds. I've earned myself a cupcake!" lol!