Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some help during the pre op stage

so my surgery is this thursday, and yes I am super excited. However, I still wondering a few things about how I am feeling on this clear liquid diet.. I am handling the food craving pretty well just sticking to my protien shakes three times a day and then an unlimited amout of Jello, sugar free pops, crystal light , broth ect...I am to the point where I am gagging everything down, so sick of it..also I am extremely dizy and weak, is anyone else experiencing this??? It does not feel good I am no no energy. I feel like I am going to throw up all day. On top of everything else I am on antibiotics from a root canal I had last week but I should be finished with them tomorrow or wed. Is it ok to take antibiotics before surgery? The dentist said it should be fine but now I am regreting not calling my surgen.. I just dont want anything to pospone my surgery...Please I need some advice. thanks

No one wrote you back. I tried a liquid diet just to see if I could do it prior to my surgery to lose weight on my own. It obviously didn't work as I am going for surgery next Monday. I remember faintly hearing about the line between being in Ketosis and not being in Ketosis, but I am not sure. Call your Doc. He will be able to help you.

so my surgery is this thursday, and yes I am super excited. However, I still wondering a few things about how I am feeling on this clear liquid diet.. I am handling the food craving pretty well just sticking to my protien shakes three times a day and then an unlimited amout of Jello, sugar free pops, crystal light , broth ect...I am to the point where I am gagging everything down, so sick of it..also I am extremely dizy and weak, is anyone else experiencing this??? It does not feel good I am no no energy. I feel like I am going to throw up all day. On top of everything else I am on antibiotics from a root canal I had last week but I should be finished with them tomorrow or wed. Is it ok to take antibiotics before surgery? The dentist said it should be fine but now I am regreting not calling my surgen.. I just dont want anything to pospone my surgery...Please I need some advice. thanks

Do they say only 3 shakes a day? I was allowed as many shakes as I wanted. My chocolate shakes were only 170 calories, and the Syntrax drinks were 100 calories so three a day was too few. I would have been shaking too from low blood sugar.

As for the tired of it. Well that wasn't bad the first week after surgery as I couldn't even imagine anything else. The second week I was imagining other things. The third week of liquids after surgery and I wanted to throw a tantrum like a two year old who has been denied a toy at the store every time I saw someone else chew.

Antibiotics should be fine. just be sure to tell them what you took when you are doing the preop check in.

You are dizzy and weak because you probably went from 2200+ calories a day to around 1000 calories a day. Your body is mad at you. Pre-op diet is not easy and yes, you are probably sick of it. But hang in there, you only have one day left of this and you can do it! Surgery is so close. Be honest with your surgeon about the antibiotics.

Remember to stay on the diet, no cheating - surgeon needs a less fatty liver so surgery is less risky which is better for you. Good luck!