Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post and i'm starving!

Getting my liquids in no problem but I'm sooo hungry for regular food. I'm daydreaming about chicken and seafood! A little part of me is wishing my last meal wasnt sushi, I should've went all out. Now I have to wait another week before starting mushies then 2 more weeks for regular food. :-/

Are you sure it is hunger and not just longing? ;-P I certainly have that- when I see food on TV or smell cooking. But my hunger is gone. Sometimes excess acid can feel like hunger- are you taking an acid inhibitor of any kind?

With my 2 week pre-op and three weeks of post-op liquids I can certainly sympathize ! When I finally got to have mushies on Monday my first scrambled egg tasted like manna from heaven!

I tell myself this is a short time in a long life and is worth it to let your stomach heal properly!

It will all be worth it, and you can eventually have those things again. My hunger is mostly gone also, but I do miss certain foods, especially if I see someone else eating one of my favorites or a commercial, or we have these little festivals around here, and of course they have the whole town smelling delicious!! But it's more of wanting the taste than actually being hungry for me. I remind myself why I did this, come here for support or to read, and I love to look at before/after pics for inspiration and motivation.

You can do it, a wk or 3 wks isn't a big deal in the big scheme of things. We're here for ya!

:)

I am currently taking pepcid. I can't wait for mushies stage but you ladies are correct and I know sticking to my post op diet will be worth it in the end. Thank you ladies for the support! :-)

Don't jump the gun and give in to temptation. Remember your little new tummy has to heal and you will need time. chicken broth may fix your craving. Take sips and know it gets better.

oh man i know how you feel, my sister brought over dinner for my hubby and daughter it was rice and chicken dish and did it smell sooooooooooo good, but im not hungry its just head hunger i think and i know it probrably tasted fantastic! ill put some in a little container in the freezer so i can have it when i get to have reg food! ill do the same thing when she brings over enchiladas later in the week. I keep telling myself this is temporary and i will get real food again soon when my tummy is healed. Keep strong,you'll be fine rolleyes.gif

I too was starving that soon after surgery. I bought a package of the premade mashed potatoes and kept them in the fridge. I would add a teaspoon full to some chicken broth or Tomato Soup. It was still very thin, but more filling. Best of luck to you.

I was really hungry days 2 through 10. I woke up on day 11 and it was gone. It should get better when you get to mushies. Good luck!

Getting my liquids in no problem but I'm sooo hungry for regular food. I'm daydreaming about chicken and seafood! A little part of me is wishing my last meal wasnt sushi, I should've went all out. Now I have to wait another week before starting mushies then 2 more weeks for regular food. :-/

It's definitely tough smelling the food my family is cooking, I almost get angry because I can't eat with them but you're all correct...this is temporary and mushie stage will fill my lil tummy.

I like the mashed potato idea thx :-)

Thanks for all your support. It is very much appreciated :-)

Aww... gosh, I remember that stage and it is so lousy... especially if you have tv on and it seems like all there is are food commercials... Hang in there, drink, drink, drink,,, it does help keep something in your tummy and I totally lived on sugar free popcycles, kept my hands busy and I was actually eating something! I went through a whole box in two days!

I still eat them almost every night!!

Good luck, hang in there,, it will get better!

The first couple of weeks are tough! Just don't give up on yourself and remember you need time to heal. Soon enough this stage will be over and you will be chewing food again. Hang in there... good luck!

I've been post-op for three months and two weeks. And I've been hungry for...three months and two weeks. Not acid, not head hunger (actually don't get that one too often thank god), but just plain old hunger. Dammit. I keep hoping it will go away, but so far no go. :D

It seems to be much easier to deal with over time, and I do have three meals and three Snacks a day, so I'm not overly hungry all the time or anything. But I am definitely not one of those who lost their hunger. Maybe it will still fade over time? I hope so. But I can still be hungry and be successful with the sleeve, as it prevents me eating too much.

I have thought about this a lot, and I'm thinking that, because I had fairly 'normal' hunger levels pre-op (I was not hungry all the time or anything), I didn't get a big, noticeable feeling of 'relief' from hunger post-op b/c I still have pretty 'normal' hunger levels.

I truly believe the first few weeks are the toughest. I'm 8 weeks out and its still hard. There is a GIGANTIC mental component to this surgery. I WANT things more than I am hungry for things....thats been my biggest battle. Good luck! And know that you can vent, cry and complain to all of us and we vent cry and complain with you! Share a victory and we all cheer with you! You are not alone! Hang tough!

I truly believe the first few weeks are the toughest. I'm 8 weeks out and its still hard. There is a GIGANTIC mental component to this surgery. I WANT things more than I am hungry for things....thats been my biggest battle. Good luck! And know that you can vent, cry and complain to all of us and we vent cry and complain with you! Share a victory and we all cheer with you! You are not alone! Hang tough!

I couldn't agree with this more. It has been a huge mental battle for me. More so then I could have expected. I think that's been the toughest. Wanting to feel normal with everyone else at meal time. It gets better though.

As far as the hunger thing goes, I was one of those people that was ALWAYS hungry pre-op. I'm 2 weeks post op and I still get hungry when it's time to eat, but it's nowhere near the insatiable feelings I used to battle. I'll take a little hunger anyday when compared to the other side. Just remember to stay strong. It gets better as your diet progresses and I'm soooo looking forward to mushies!

Good luck!