Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another surgery, so soon? (TMI alert)

So I had the sleeve April 13th, and things went pretty well, but I was in quite a bit of pain. It was only in the past couple weeks that I was able to start back working out (even though that still makes my ouchie spots pretty sore). I even was able to roll around in the sack with my dear fiance, and only to no avail. It was really painful and we couldn't even finish. Haven't tried since. Went to see my OB and they found a 2 inch cyst on my left ovary. I am having another ultrasound in a month, and if it hasn't gotten any smaller I am going to have another surgery to take it out. They say it's really unlikely that it will get smaller, just will keep getting bigger.

I know this type of surgery isn't that big of a deal and probably less painful than what I already had, but still sucks, it will keep me out of exercising and Water aerobics for a while over. Almost feel like i'm starting over.

Anybody else had this type of surgery?

Yes. I had an orange-sized cyst removed when I was younger. Trust me, you'd much rather have it removed then go through the pain of one bursting.

It is a simple surgery that resulted in a small incision inside my navel. Once healed, the only time I ever saw the scar again was in my third trimester of pregnancy. :)

I have also had cysts shrink on their own before, too. So don't completely count out that possibility.

I will say that having the lower adominals cut was more difficult for me to heal from then the cuts made for VSG but to be rid of cyst pain was worth it. Hang in there. Ovarian cysts are no fun.

Good luck!

Amanda

Hi Gayle! I have dealt with cyst on my ovaries for years and I do agree that they are very painful. I couple of years ago I had a rather large one on my left ovary and after a CAT scan (for a different reason) a month and a half ago, it had disappeared but now I have a rather large one on my right ovary. By the way, I knew before they told me from the CAT scan because indeed, they hurt like crazy sometimes. I was told that most likely they would resolve themselves. They never said anything about surgery. Ugh! Poor you! But maybe they will go away on there own.

Hi PenPen, my doctor told me that it's not what they call a functional cyst, which means it has no blood flow to it, so basically those ones just get bigger they are rare to get any smaller.

Oh okay...I still hope you don't have to go through surgery again! I definitely feel for you! :(

I had one on my left ovary when I was pregnant and they had to take it out because it kept growing with all the hormones going on at the time. It was like a fish story with my Doc. LOL

He didn't finish?

Well of course he didn't finish. Why would he?