Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

where is everyone???

Hey Paul...nice knowing your local! I have heard great things about Eric. How do you like the office? I have had some issues with the admin part of it, but so far the doc's been nice.

Dr. Eric is my doc. They will not fill mexican banded patients. Generally they will not fill patients they did not band, unless it is a relocated patient from a doc they have a relationship with.

Sorry.

I thought your pic looked familiar. I think I saw you at the July support meeting. You sat at the end of the table farthest from the door?

Hello!! :clap2:

I was also banded in Mexico 2004. I have weighed 115lbs for almost the past three years. I only had to have 3 fills total the first year. I started at 170 but had 2 heart attacks at age 40 -non smoker & drinker, low blood pressure - but have 2 parents dying of cancer in their 60's so I was probably stressed out. The Drs here told me to gain another 50 lbs before I could even be considered. Thought maybe I would die first so went to Mexico -- the best decision I have ever made. I love my band - I love having my healthy life back. I live here in Northern VA would love to talk with other bandsters!!

I was also banded in Mexico 2004. I have weighed 115lbs for almost the past three years. I only had to have 3 fills total the first year. I started at 170 but had 2 heart attacks at age 40 -non smoker & drinker, low blood pressure - but have 2 parents dying of cancer in their 60's so I was probably stressed out. The Drs here told me to gain another 50 lbs before I could even be considered. Thought maybe I would die first so went to Mexico -- the best decision I have ever made. I love my band - I love having my healthy life back. I live here in Northern VA would love to talk with other bandsters!!
Looks like you and I are a couple years late on this thread but who cares right, we can just pick it back up. I'm going to mexico on 7/22/08 and i'm from windsor va. can't wait to be on your side of the bandster world.

Hi all, I live in Glen Allen, VA and am being banded this Thurs.(the 17th). I am getting very excited! I am self-pay b/c my BMI is 35 and it would be a cold day in you know where before insurance would pay. I have a question, if anyone is willing to answer, how much cheaper is it actually to get banded in Mexico? I've seen that many people take that route!

thx, Nancy B.

Nancy B, I'm so excited for you, you're getting so close to starting a new, happier, healthier YOU!

YOU GO GIRL

Hi all, I live in Glen Allen, VA and am being banded this Thurs.(the 17th). I am getting very excited! I am self-pay b/c my BMI is 35 and it would be a cold day in you know where before insurance would pay. I have a question, if anyone is willing to answer, how much cheaper is it actually to get banded in Mexico? I've seen that many people take that route!

thx, Nancy B.

Mine is 7000.00 all inclusive although I won't be going back for my fills. I'm going to be getting my fills at fill centers USA in VA. BCH. at 165 per fill.

Wow, it's great to see such success for those that were banded a couple of years ago. It gives me hope that I will make it all the way to goal.

115 - You're my new idol! :-D

I live in Spotsylvania and work in DC.

Kim, $165 for a fill, that's awesome, my surgeon charges $850 or more, under flouro. Are the fills at the center done under flouro?

Kim, $165 for a fill, that's awesome, my surgeon charges $850 or more, under flouro. Are the fills at the center done under flouro?
No, not yet but they told me they hope to bring it in soon.

thx, Nancy B.

Nancy, your surgery will be exactly 1 month after mine. I'm in Richmond and was banded on June 17th at St. Mary's. I can honestly say it is the best thing I have ever done for myself. This site has been awesome to ask questions of those pre and post surgery. Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!

115lbslapband, you sound like you lost about the same amt of weight that I would like, too. Do you mind me asking if you have any issues with loose skin. That really scares me. You sound really happy. Is there any advice you can give me as I am getting banded tomorrow? Or is there anything you would do differently? Thanks, Nancy in Richmon

Suzanne, I was banded yesterday and am feeling pretty good, just sore and swollen tummy. No gas pains thank goodness! I am sipping and moving around a good bit. Question, did you get the realize band and if so, did they give you a card with a number on it so you can join the website? I did not get one and forgot to ask! Thx, Nancy B.

Hi y'all-

I live in Christiansburg, Va and was banded on 6/13. I've lost 24 lbs already and they were the easiest 24 lbs I've lost in my life!

Kim--I'm 54 so maybe I'm the old fart here!