Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At 6 days post op you should only be on liquids (most likely clear ones), which will go straight through your sleeve. Once you get to mushies you should start feeling fuller for longer.

I was permitted full liquids at 1 week (ie anything that you can suck through a straw), so yogurt drinks helped me. Maybe you can try some Protein Shakes and I remember things like cream of Tomato really filling me up - obviously assuming you have the OK from your surgeon.

did your dr perscribe you a PPI if not you may want to ask for one, your stomach is stil trying to make the same amount of acid as it needed at full size which gives you a false hunger. not all drs have you take them which I dont understand as I dont know what I would do with out mine

i am 24 days out and I still am hungry!!! I am only on the pureed food stage and think this is why. Now, I don't get that RAVENOUS hunger like before surgery, but I still am hungry damn near all the time. I am sure it is because all my food intake is liquidy. Noting is solid and my Protein is not much at all...maybe 2-3 bites and I am done!

I am sure when we are able to consume more solid food and more of it, it will get better.

I take my Nexium every morning and I still am hungry, so I know that is not the problem!! :)

Good luck to you!

Kelly

I don't know how to spell that word. Grehlin? It's the hunger hormone that is removed with the stomach, Sometimes it takes awhile for all of it to be gone.

I am taking 2 (40 mg) of generic nexium a day. It makes a big difference. I take them on an empty tummy before I get out of bed and wait an hr before I drink or "eat" anything. But if you are still on clear liquid, you may still experience some hunger. Just constantly sip or eat Jello and popsicles too. If our tummies go too long without something or get empty, the acid seems to get stirred up, so I try to get some Protein in every 2-3 hrs. This seems to help a lot.

Sorry ya'll I'm out almost 2 years and have never lost the hunger thing. But i've learned to fight it. to actually live with it. . .i've tried the PPI things, that didn't work, I tried drinking Water and fluids instead of eating. . only works for a short period. . .what does help is eating dense Proteins once you can. . . i still have my shakes before bed (love my shakes) and for Breakfast i have 2 eggs, for lunch tuna, 1oz cheese and 0.23oz of beef stick, then for my afternoon snack which is my ride home from work i have 1 oz of cheese or Pork rinds, and then some sort of Protein for dinner along with cheese or more pork rinds. Then at bedtime a Protein Shake. Yes, I'm on adkins I know but i seem to have evened out and can't loose no more so i'm trying to diet now to help myself out.

I've seen a small number of VSGers report never losing hunger. The problem seems to affect a lot more GPSers though (me included).

BTW re grhelin, the part that produces that hormone is pretty much removed with VSG but it is produced elsewhere too and I guess in some people the rest probably ramps up production to compensate.

:) They make generic Nexium??? Since when?

Thanks,

Kelly

I am taking 2 (40 mg) of generic nexium a day. It makes a big difference. I take them on an empty tummy before I get out of bed and wait an hr before I drink or "eat" anything. But if you are still on clear liquid, you may still experience some hunger. Just constantly sip or eat Jello and popsicles too. If our tummies go too long without something or get empty, the acid seems to get stirred up, so I try to get some Protein in every 2-3 hrs. This seems to help a lot.