Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So frustrated and confused!

I know that I cannot compare myself to anyone and that we vary on our weight loss journeys but I'm at a total loss and need some serious help here!!

I'm 6 weeks out and am not losing any weight!! I lost the majority of the 25lbs the first two weeks post-op, then stalled... I drank Magnesium Citrate to help speed along the process, thinking the stall was due to a "back up", which seemed to work at first. I lost an additional 4lbs and that was 2 wks ago!! Now, again NOTHING!! I'm not even down a dress size yet! I'm getting so effin frustrated and have no idea what is going on!!

I'm getting in all my Water, I get in over 80g of Protein a day, and limit the carbs to 30g a day too... but nothing seems to be working! No, I havent started exercising yet cuz I barely get enough calories in to increase activity yet. I may get 600-800 in. I've tried to increase my food intake but I'm still on mushies and am having a hard enough time getting all the requirements in, let alone increasing food.

This is what I ate yesterday:

BF: Bariatric hot chocolate

Nonfat plain greek yogurt w/half a banana

SN: Pure Protein shake

String cheese

L: Refried Beans w/shredded pork from last nights dinner (about 3oz)

SN: nectar Protein Drink (2 servings)

Laughing Cow cheese wedge

D: 2oz of tuna w/Mayo

Please, please.... if anyone can help figure out what I might be doing wrong or how to speed up my weight loss I would be forever grateful!!

I'm sorry that you're so frustrated. I'm not even two weeks out and probably not the best person to respond here, but I think you should give it time. It looks like you're doing everything that you're supposed to do. I would probably try to increase your activity slowly. Maybe just add five or ten minutes of walking per day?

Don't you worry. The same thing happened to me and it really had me going CrAzY. Do yourself a favor and get a tape measure. The scales will pay CrAzY mInD tRIcKs oN YoU.

Make it a point to STAY ON TRACK, but stop the weighing game. Once every 10 days is a good rule of thumb. You are GOING TO LOSE THE WEIGHT. :)

Stalls happen. But I'm here are a couple of thoughts anyway:

How much are you drinking? I found that upping my Clear liquids helped me a lot.

I put your meals into myfitnesspal.com and got about 830 calories, 35 carbs and 135 or so grams of Protein including over half from Protein drinks (46 from the nectar alone). Suggestion: drink ONLY as much Protein as you need to make your goals. Try not to get any calories from drinks that you don't need to. You are eating enough to get almost all your protein from food - consider dropping down to one protein supplement a day if you get enough protein otherwise.

Those are the things that worked for me: upping my Clear Liquids, getting only the protein from a supplement that I absolutely have to.

You know, I've never thought about NOT drinking my Protein drinks, but now that you brought it up, it makes perfect sense! If I'm eating enough Protein, why would I drink extra calories to get in my protein? BUT... I've read on the boards that when you're not losing, sometimes it's recommended that you increase your caloric intake a bit. So, again, I am back to being confused!!! UGH......

At this point, I'm willing to try anything.

You know, its funny, but you and I are almost at the exact same stage post op. I am 6 weeks out, and I have been at a stall for about 3 weeks. I am not as diligent about counting calories as you, but I watch what I eat. The more I read, the more I see that there are alot of people like you and me. This stall thing is obviously very common, although no less frustrating. I also am having a hard time with exercise, but in my case its because of my bad knees.

You seem to be doing everything right. I think that I am too. I know my body, and it doesn't like to give up anything, including fat. Sooner or later its got to happen. Truly, we can't be eating this way and not lose weight, right?

It's good to know that you aren't alone in this journey. Sometimes when I read what others have lost, it makes me dizzy. You and I are probably going to lose at a slower pace, but we will lose.

Just keep doing what you are doing. I will too. Let's hope we break this stall together.

Hi all -

I am almost 6 months out - and have been in a stall for about 2 weeks. The scale has moved up and down, 2 lbs each way, for the past three weeks. Not very uplifting at the moment... I had hoped to be down a bit further by now. So, I'm re-evaluating what I'm eating and drinking.

In the meantime - my measurements have drastically reduced!!!! I went shopping over the weekend and had the best time at an outlet store that does not have Plus sizes. Size 10 shorts were a bit too big - Wow!!!! I'm wearing mostly Large tops but I can get into a Medium - depending on the fabric and style.

I'm wearing heels!!! I feel more balanced so the higher heel and wedge styles don't scare me. Before the weight loss, I only wore flats or a 1 inch heel - I was always afraid of losing my balance and falling. I also had pain in my ankles and feet as the day progressed due to the pressure of my weight. Now, I wear heels and wedges - I feel great! In fact, I'm at work, I'm wearing 3" inch heels, and I'm not worried about aching ankles or feet.

You know, I'm so glad I answered this post. Just typing this has made me happier and restored my faith that I'm doing the right thing! Staying positive is one of the best tools you can employ.

Please don't give up!!! It's about living and feeling good!

Hi Stacy

Our stats are almost identical. I am 7 weeks post op and have lost 24 pounds. I am eating about 70 grams of Protein a day. My Nutritionist told me not to count calories or carbs until 3 months out, but I estimate about 40 carbs a day and 700 calories. I drink at least 64 ounces of Clear Liquids a day and walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes five times a week. I had a stall at week 2 that lasted 10 days. Since then I have been losing about 1-2 pounds per week. I am certainly not losing at the rate that some others are and that is disappointing for sure! I keep thinking that I put it on 1-2 pounds per week so that is probably how it will come off as well. I try not to weigh myself every day and at one point even put the scale in the garage, but that just made me crazy! So I weigh each morning and hope the scale shows a loss.

I think us "slower losers" might be more common than it seems on the boards. When I had my 6 week post op visit last week, the doctor said my loss was normal. He didn't seem at all concerned. I keep remembering what Julie from Paraguay says, "Its not a race." So my plan is to continue following my Doctor/Nutritionist guidelines and let what happens, happens. I am sure that the weight will come off at some point.....just not as quickly and dramatically as it does for some others.

Look up the Three Week Stall. Mine lated for almost 4 weeks starting at 2 1/2 weeks. Its a frustrating Bit@h! But it is common. I am in a two week stall right now, but know I will come through the other end sooner or later. This is a long race, not a short one. I started measuring during my three week stall, and enjoyed those numbers getting smaller when the scale did its little up and down dance.

Hi StacyS!

I have not even been sleeved yet, so I can't totally relate to how your feeling... But when I do get there, I will think upon these things: The positive of a stall or slower weight loss is working on the elasticity of the skin to prevent super sagging. check out this story: http://t-tapp.com/su...llep/index.html I have not done alot of research on what to do for sagging skin but I am familiar with skin brushing.. There may be some creams out there that can help too.. :)

I would also think that our bodies are going through an adjustment.. I Have heard that during my dieting adventures and have seen my body reset to its new weight. Once your body sees that you are consistently giving it those 900 calories per day it may loosen up. I would think that initial loss the body was like "oh yeah, I don't need this", but then it may be like "wait a minute, am I gonna have enough?" Our bodies were created to survive so let your body know it's ok, I am going to take better care of you now... (I think that is more for you to hear then your body )B) You will be ok... MInd your stress also... If you are stressing about not losing weight you could be assisting in the weight hanging on.. Breath, relax, and let your body catch up to your goals! I look forward to seeing your success in the next 6 months!!!!