Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from a Newbee!!!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to post a quick hello! I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place - still figuring this board out. I joined Nor Cal at the suggestion of LilMissDiva. I'm very happy to find this group! I am scheduled for my surgery for June 6 and I'm feeling quite anxious; not as bad as last week! Thanks to all the support and guidance from this board! I hope I could return the favor some day. In the meantime, I'm still learning the ropes here and getting ready for my big date!!!!! I look forward to getting to know everyone better. I saw there was a meeting this past weekend. I'm not sure I would have been able to go that far on short notice since I'm in San Jose. But I will definitely make an effort in the future if others are scheduled. My best to everyone!!!!!

MNB

Hello and welcome!!

Good luck to you and your upcoming surgery!!

Kelly

Hi everyone! I just wanted to post a quick hello! I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place - still figuring this board out. I joined Nor Cal at the suggestion of LilMissDiva. I'm very happy to find this group! I am scheduled for my surgery for June 6 and I'm feeling quite anxious; not as bad as last week! Thanks to all the support and guidance from this board! I hope I could return the favor some day. In the meantime, I'm still learning the ropes here and getting ready for my big date!!!!! I look forward to getting to know everyone better. I saw there was a meeting this past weekend. I'm not sure I would have been able to go that far on short notice since I'm in San Jose. But I will definitely make an effort in the future if others are scheduled. My best to everyone!!!!!

MNB

MNB

Hello!!! So glad you could join us! :) Less than a week to the new you, please check in and let us know how it goes. Big hugs!!! xoxo

Welcome to the board! San JOse is a long way, but you are welcome anytime at the meetings! The first one was fun. Best of luck on your upcoming surgery. Kim

Thanks guys!!! I appreciate the warm welcome! I will definitely keep everyone posted. I know how much I enjoy reading about everyone's progress and experiences. I can't say enough, this board has been soooo helpful!!! My best to everyone!

I'm in San Jose too. If we get enough South Bay people, maybe we can organize a get together down here. I will be thinking of you Monday. Where are you getting sleeved?

Lynda

Thanks Lynda!!!

I'm having my surgery at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. It would be great if there's more people here from the general San Jose area!!! Lets keep our fingers crossed!

I'm in San Jose too. If we get enough South Bay people, maybe we can organize a get together down here. I will be thinking of you Monday. Where are you getting sleeved?

Lynda

Thanks Lynda!!!

I'm having my surgery at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. It would be great if there's more people here from the general San Jose area!!! Lets keep our fingers crossed!

I am in Redwood City so I am definitely in for a SOuth Bay get together as I cannot (yet) manage a longer drive though I have hoped losing weight will help with that! Maybe we could aim for someplace in between RWC and SJ like Sunnyvale ;-P

Maybe even further up the Peninsula than Sunnyvale depending on the cities everyone is from. All us post-ops can all get one appetizer and share!

I'm off to eat dinner on my second day of soft food. I'm getting down 3 oz. per meal, but it takes me 30-45 minutes and I feel as stuffed as a Christmas Goose after. I just want away from the Protein Drinks ASAP.

Lynda

Maybe even further up the Peninsula than Sunnyvale depending on the cities everyone is from. All us post-ops can all get one appetizer and share!

I'm off to eat dinner on my second day of soft food. I'm getting down 3 oz. per meal, but it takes me 30-45 minutes and I feel as stuffed as a Christmas Goose after. I just want away from the Protein drinks ASAP.

Lynda

My husband and I busted out laughing as I read him about the appetizer!

Well there are three of us so far on the Peninsula/South Bay.

I am eating either a medium egg with a T of grated cheddar on it, 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, or 1/6th of the Eggface ricotta bake recipe- which is 1/4 cup. I guess that is 2 ounces. I don;t find it takes a long time though, as long as I make sure I am "empty"- that is really what I would call it as hunger does not enter in to it but I do need to wait at least two hours after my one Protein Drink of the day to have my egg, and then go for a walk and wait at least two to three hours before the next small meal. Otherwise I just can't eat as much. I need to calculate this stuff because I simply am never hungry.

I make sure my morning Protein Drink is 45 grams- 3 scoops of a 15 gram/scoop powder. I make it will milk and that brings it to 47.

So with that

Protein drink 47 grams

egg plus cheese 9 grams

1/4 c cottage cheese 8 grams

Eggface ricotta 11 grams

voila 75 gramss!

I figure once I am really able to eat dense Proteins and more foods I may be able to say bye bye to the drinks, or at least substitute an unjury chicken Soup , which I find so much more palatable!