Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else getting sleeved around Fourth of July w/e?

July 5th for me in Columbus, Ohio

Dawn :P

I'm from good ol' Columbus, Ohio too! :)

July 12th for me! Good luck

I am also getting sleeved July 12th! Where are you having your surgery done??

I'm from good ol' Columbus, Ohio too! :)

I am also getting sleeved July 12th! Where are you having your surgery done??

Tara,

I am getting sleeved July 5th by Dr. Philip Price at Mount Carmel Medical Center and you? I started this process last August, finally got approved in April and have to wait until July to get worked into the surgery schedule -- he's just that busy. So far I don't have to do the 3 week liquid only pre-op diet. Do you?

Dawn

Tara,

I am getting sleeved July 5th by Dr. Philip Price at Mount Carmel Medical Center and you? I started this process last August, finally got approved in April and have to wait until July to get worked into the surgery schedule -- he's just that busy. So far I don't have to do the 3 week liquid only pre-op diet. Do you?

Dawn

I attempted to go through OSU Medical Center (Dr. Needlemen, who was great!) this past October, however, my insurance would not approve the procedure (after the psych eval, meetings with the nut. AND several physical tests) so my only option was going to Mexico! I am being sleeved by Dr. Lopez in TJ. (booked through alighterme) The only requirement I have a 7 day liquid diet following up to my surgery,

Yea, I have a date, July 12. It sounds like it is going to be a very busy summer for all of us

Good Luck to ALL

Yeah :D Congrats to all of you on your July surgery dates! It's right around the corner~ I agree, this summer is going to be busy, busy, busy... BUT we'll all be looking good come New Years Eve! :lol:

Oh, I can't wait to dress up! I think I'll make my hubby take me somewhere fancy! LOL.. Maybe I'll make that one of my mid-term goals!

Welcome to the club!

Wendy

There are so many sleeve dates coming up soon..... YAY!!! I'm scheduled for July 1st with Aceves in Mexico!!!

:lol: I'm also having my sleeve done on July 4th w/Dr. Ortiz....I'm really excited , but nervous too! :huh: It's my birthday on the 5th, so no big dinner celebration or cake for me either!

I'm getting sleeved on July 11th. they could have scheduled me for June 27th, but my wife could not get off of work that day or the day after so I pushed it back so she could be there with me. That's ok...I'd rather be a Firecracker than a Jewel anyway. Firecracker sounds much more manly :D

Hey Wendy. I like the name "July Firecrackers". I'm being sleeved July 25th.

Hi there! My surgery is scheduled for July 5th, but I'm not going to Mexico... so only four days after you.

I'm so excited to get this new life started! I start my liquid diet on June 21 ~ the day after my daughter's 9th birthday! I've been trying to cut down my carb intake and am trying to UP my Protein intake (including Protein shakes). I really want to start walking in the evenings, but am having a hard time getting someone to walk with me... so thinking I might just have to finally put my gym membership to use (I've only had it for 20 yrs! :blink:) Is there anything your doing special to prepare? I'd love to have someone to commiserate with during our first few weeks of sleevedom... After we make it through those first few weeks, then we'll be celebrating it, I'm sure!

Well, let's see.. since there are the all these cute names being given to other sleeve siblings... I think we should have a cute name too! How about something like the July Firecrackers? :P

Okay, talk to you soon!

Wendy

cheer2.gifJuly Firecrackers!!! I like it!!!!

Hi everyone, just found this thread. I'm scheduled for July 11th with Dr. Nicholson in Plano Texas.

Hello Firecrackers!!! OMG.... I have to start my pre-op liquid diet tomorrow AM and I'm kinda freakin' out a bit! I never thought I'd get nervous about this, since I've wanted it for so long and have researched so much, but here I am, wanting to eat everything I wont' have again for so long..... I have definitely been having a food funeral the past couple days! Call me weak, call me a crazy, whatever...........but I just HAD to taste the artery clogging, ass fattening goodness of a Big Mac w/ extra sauce, just ONE last time! LOL :D

Don't hate on me, come tomorrow it will be all business and Protein shakes! But for one last day I'm gunna let myself eat like a teenager and have french fries and Birthday cake for my daughter's 9th birthday!!! I'm gunna enjoy myself before I have to turn into a raging starving ****** the next couple weeks! Oh yeah, and I've already apologized to everyone in my house in advance :lol:!!

Wish me luck!!! Talk to yo all soon!

Wendy