Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A KC soon to be Sleever in TX

First, I have to say, it seemed quite a trick trying to figure out how to get to this group- but glad I figured it out. I'm wondering if any others might have similar challenges.

Second, I'm scheduled for surgery in Dallas on Wed 6/22 and will be traveling alone. I should be discharged either Thursday or Friday (probably Fri) and I need to find "someone" to check me out. I will have a place arranged close by to stay, but I don't think they will let me take a taxi.

Do you guys know anyone in the Dallas area that might be willing to "check me out"? I will reimburse gas money. Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.

I am sorry I don't know of anyone- but just a quick question- why down there? There are several well qualified doc's here in the area? Just asking-- :)

I am sorry I don't know of anyone- but just a quick question- why down there? There are several well qualified doc's here in the area? Just asking-- :)

There are no skilled surgeons in the KC or surrounding area at revisions, particularly with experience of revising from a VBG unfortunately. I hate to say it, but most of them only want to do virgin surgeries here or at the most converting a lap band to the sleeve. I've been to 3 seminars locally and they are all pretty much scared of the VBG due to high risk for leaks. It's frustrating, but at the same time- at least they recognize their limitations. I even went to Topeka where they do DS procedures thinking they would have more skilled surgeons there and they just wanted to convert me to the GB- said I was too high risk for them.

So, off to TX I go.

OH my I see- Well the best of luck on your journey!! I know Dr.Malley did mine - and his office is brand new at it- Lap-band pro- but his office is a little lacking on info for this procedure- so I do understand - Hope you can find someone and take care!!

I do not know anyone in the Dallas area either. I hope everything turns out well for you and please check-in with us anytime.

I still find the group hard to get to as well and I set it up lol! I wonder if there is an easier location to post the group so more people can navigate to it? If anyone has suggestions for that I am open!

I do not know anyone in the Dallas area either. I hope everything turns out well for you and please check-in with us anytime.

I still find the group hard to get to as well and I set it up lol! I wonder if there is an easier location to post the group so more people can navigate to it? If anyone has suggestions for that I am open!

Thank you Amy. I leave for TX a week from Monday- it can't be any too soon for me. You might think this is weird, but I am getting my will and a living will done before I leave. I'm single, no kids, but I have 4 horses, 3 cats and a handicapped dog that I want to be sure things are in order for their care if something were to happen to me. I guess I'm a little freaked out about being by myself out of state for surgery. I had knee surgery in KC last Fall and I was asked like 3 or 4x if I had a living will and I had to say no. It was quite unnerving and so I don't want that to happen again. Plus, I want to be sure that my animals are set up properly with appropriate homes and funds to do so.

Call me weird I guess, but my animals are my fur children with 4 legs.