Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all my name jenny and I love in the N.Y area. I was sleeved on 2/24/14 so I'm one week out today. Hallelujah! So glad for this forum to assist me on this journey.

My first week was a little rough but with Gods grace I survived. Yes, it does get better. I have no regrets because at the end of the day I'm gonna be healthier than I've ever been.

My sister and cousin were both sleeved on 2013 an were my motivation to getting healthy. I'm so excited for this new chapter in my life and pray for the best for everyone else on this path.

Will keep you all posted on my progress.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I was sleeved on March 31, 2014, I've noticed that not only have i've lost weight i've lost my Bum Bum.... What type of exercises can i do to get it back.

I was sleeved on March 31, 2014, I've noticed that not only have i've lost weight i've lost my Bum Bum.... What type of exercises can i do to get it back.

Squats, wall sits and lunges

Does anyone else have CIGNA? I changed my surgery type from band to sleeve. I got a letter in the mail today that they're asking my surgeon for more info.....has anyone had this happen to them? Thanks

Hello all. I had the lapband in 2012. I wanted the sleeve but at the time the insurance wouldn't cover it. Well my beginning weight was 387 I was 364 when I was banded. I am now 370. I am going to be sleeved sometime SOON in the next month or two. I am so excited. This journey has taught me patience because I could have saved myself a lot of depression if I had just waited a few more months.

Quick update....I was sleeved on 07/24. I've lost 12lbs since then and 28lbs since 07/11, which was when I went in for pre-op testing. I feel good just really tired all the time with little to almost no pain. I need to increase my Protein and my liquid Vitamin intake. I'm almost out of the 2 week post op diet so hopefully I'll increase my Protein intake with foods in the puréed stage. tuna, shredded chicken, ground meats etc....I'll also switch to the gummy vitamins.

I'm in NYC and I had my surgery at NYU by Dr. Bradley Schwack.

Quick update....I was sleeved on 07/24. I've lost 12lbs since then and 28lbs since 07/11, which was when I went in for pre-op testing. I feel good just really tired all the time with little to almost no pain. I need to increase my Protein and my liquid Vitamin intake. I'm almost out of the 2 week post op diet so hopefully I'll increase my Protein intake with foods in the puréed stage. tuna, shredded chicken, ground meats etc....I'll also switch to the gummy vitamins.

I'm in NYC and I had my surgery at NYU by Dr. Bradley Schwack.

Congratulations on a successful surgery!

My surgery is scheduled for 9/12/14. I am from Gastonia, NC and I will be traveling to Tijuana, Mexico to have my surgery. I am excited and ready to start this new chapter in my life.

Thanks I'm a slower 'loser' I'm down 45lbs overall. I'm happy with that though because I'm hoping I won't have as much saggy skin if I lose at a moderate pace. Good luck with your surgery.

Where is everyone? Having surgery Dec., 18, 2014. Some of us would still love some support, advice, etc. :)

Hi we're still here!! I had surgery 07/24 and I've lost 70lbs overall, this includes the 17 I lost during pre-op. I have stalled and I'm hovering in the 260's. I'm planning on starting a low carb lifestyle, I've tried Paleo before and it worked, so hopefully this will get the scale moving again. Do you have any specific questions or concerns? I'll try to answer as best as I can.

Hello, yes I was wondering. I don't see many new post of this site. I am not scheduled for surgery until next month.

Hi. I'm new to this site. Had my surgery 12/23/14, 2 days before my born day. i'm ready for the "greater".

Hi. I've been on Bariatric Pal for quite some time but I didn't know about this group! How awesome! I'm scheduled for surgery on 3/16. Right around the corner! Thanks for creating this little corner of BP.