Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favoredone I am currently a 22 trying and my focus in the beginning was to reach a goal of at least a 16, I used to say I prefer to be a 14 but the more I read about this and my health issues I really want to be HEALTHY. It is amazing the progress you have made CONGRATS TO YOU GIRL!! Continued success to you. :rolleyes:

Thanks Chris!!! Sometimes it seems like I'm not doing enough or the weight's not coming off fast enough.. But I feel soooo much better and I know my heart is healthier!!!! Best wishes to you...

Awesome job Ericka!!! I'm trying my darnedest not be a slave to the scale!!! I'm down about 50 including pre-op.... Trying to not be so paranoid about eating and stuff... UGH.. it's so hard!! But I love my Sleevina.. I'm down from a 30/32 to a 22/24.. mostly 22s now!!

Thanks so much :)... I actually went two months without weighing myself because I wanted to get thru the ruff patch of not focusing on the numbers. BTW numbers mean nothing to my body LOL I have to lose at least 20-25lbs before I can see a difference or wear a different pants size :(. I've learned that everything is mental and we are to just take it a step at a time. I was paranoid in my 3rd and 4th month but now Im not worried anymore :)... And congrats to youuu!

I am so excited for you Ericka! This is awesome. :D I am looking forward to the day when I can post the same. I am so glad I found this group, you all give me so much hope and inspiration. Thank you for the encouragement to stay strong. I am happy to say that today is a lot better. By Thursday I start stage two of my diet. I am looking forward to it but also a little nervous. I am not sure why but I am. I know I will do well but sometimes the thought of maybe not being ready yet creeps into the back of my mind. I'm sure I'll be okay. CONGRATS to you again, and Thank you for the encouraging words.

Hey Chris Thank you! The hard part is over! Which is actually making the decision to do this and actually getting it done. I learned the hard way to take it one step at a time considering i had complications after surgery :(. But now it is worth it. So my advice to you is stay positive and when you feel nervous just post on the forum and trust me there will be many whom will respond to help you overcome any feelings you're having. I can't wait to see pictures :)

Have a positive day!

E

@Ericka,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I started my full liquid diet today and despite being somewhat nervous about I had a pretty good day. I added the Protein Powder to my Soup and blended them together and with the yogurt as well. For me I felt so full from it and I am using the 2.5 oz measurements. Did this happen with you as well?

hello all!!! My surgery date is June 4th!! I am excited and very nervous. I have to loose 10 pounds before surgery or he said he will cancel. i am nervous I won't be able to do it and keep it off. I am good for loosing 10-15 pounds and I am great for gaining it all back plus another 5. He didn't give me a pre op diet but I think I should just do the post op diet. My only other problem with the post op diet is that I have a sales conference with my job for the first week in May and i don't want anyone to know and I don't want to be starving around all these people. Then mother's day weekend i am going out of town with my family who are so unsupportive. i think I just need words of encouragement. my hubby gives them to me, but I just don't know.

Hello!! my surgery is sheduled for the 24th of this month.My doctor alo wants me to lose 10lbs pre op. I am to drink 5 shakes a day ( I use Isopure Protein Shakes ) and one meal of green and lean Protein of choice. My fav so far: baked fish with broccoli, or baked chicken with green Beans or baked salmon with fresh baby spinach that I cook in small amount of Water for 5mins. Plus I drink 64oz of water faithfully!! If I fee hungry I either have skim milk or strawberrys.... in two weeks I lost the 10lbs and still have a week and a half to, so I wish to lose even more. I dink no soda( not even diet. If I cant have the real thing, than why bother.), or coffee, no juice!

Bottom line, you have to make it work! It is not easy but it can be done!!!:)

Hey everyone! I just recently had my sleeve surgery on May 3rd, 2012. I am super pumped and excited that I made this life changing experience :-) I am hoping that I continue to lose and look amazing....I am worried about the saggy skin and breasts as well, but what's most important is losing this weight. Any suggestions on how to get the well needed 64oz of fluids and protien shakes....I am just not that hungry and I struggle daily. Any suggestions is welcome!

Hi Kenya Angel,

I was told that not everyone will get the saggy skin and such especially you exercise along with eating right and drink plenty of fluids. I had my surgery on the 2nd and I have been walking and riding a stationary bike here at home and when I walk I have been carrying something with a little weight to it and I have noticed some change in the strength and firmness in the muscle in my arms. Not sure if this is much help to you but these are just a couple of things I have been doing at home.

I am new to this site. Found it looking up info for all the weight loss surgeries. I was scheduled twice to have gastric bypass surgery.....Once I backed out on and the other my labs were not good and they were scared to do surgery. I was looking to have the RNY gastric bypass, but decided against it due to the possible coplication involved. I was also looking to have the Lap-band, but that just give me a little to much freedom. i was told that I could come in and have it tightened or loosened anytime I want to eat. That's not going to help me. Plus, me being a Nurse, i can fill and take out the saline myself. So here I am, going for the gastric sleeve. i pray that it gives me or at least close to the results that I want.

Hi all. I am recently approved and scheduled for revision surgery. I currently have a lapband. I have had it since 2008. I lost almost 85 pounds over two years and maintained until early last year when it started giving me issues. I am currently scheduled to be converted to the sleeve June 28th (it can't get here fast enough). I can't say that I regret going with the band initially simply because I don't think I was ready, mentally, for the permanence of the sleeve back then. Now? I am SO ready to get this journey started!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. Hello from TN!

WELCOME!!!! This forum is a awesome resource!! It can become addictive!! LOL...

Getting sleeved was one of the best decisions I could have made... I'm not dropping huge amounts of pounds, but I'm 60lbs from my highest weight, lost about 40 since surgery.. but I've gone from a 30/32 to mostly 22s... I feel so much better!!!!! Best wishes!!!

I went to see my surgeon on Thursday, and this was my first weigh in since my surgery on the 2nd of may. I am happy to report that I lost 11.6 pounds!!! I am so stoked. Just to witness the number go down was an awesome feeling.

Greetings Sleevers,

I finally had GS surgery on May 11, 2012. I was sleeved in Mexico by Dr. Rodriguez. The experience was amazing and life changing. The one thing that drives me nuts is getting used to not eating. I can't believe how much food was a part of my life. I keep having dreams of food. LOL I may go to a therapist to discuss this issue. Any suggestions?

Hello everyone..So I was sleeved on 4/20/12 and have run into some stalls already..But what I have noticed was that I was not working out enough. I was only walking about 30 mins a day and at a rather slow pace but fast for me (so I thought lol). I decided to walk on my treadmill this weekend and boy did that make a real difference.I walked at 2.6 for 1 hour which burns about 300 calories more if you weight more. And today I lost 3 lbs over the weekend. I was so excited.Today I walked the same. Im not getting on the scale til next week monday and see what type of weight loss I have had. Anyone run into the same thing here. Also if someone can tell me about how many calories I should eat per day right now it is less than 600. It that too much or too little ?