Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Everyone! Glad I found this group! Today I found out I was approved!! Wohoo!! I am too exicited!! Looking forward to reading you all's post so i can prepare myself!!!

Congratulations THYCK747!

Congrats!!

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, my sleeve is tomorrow! Its only a dayyyy aaawwaaaayyyyy! (thanks Annie). In 25 hrs I will begin a new book in my Life. I cant wait! Thank you God for this blessing!

hello all!!! My surgery date is June 4th!! I am excited and very nervous. I have to loose 10 pounds before surgery or he said he will cancel. i am nervous I won't be able to do it and keep it off. I am good for loosing 10-15 pounds and I am great for gaining it all back plus another 5. He didn't give me a pre op diet but I think I should just do the post op diet. My only other problem with the post op diet is that I have a sales conference with my job for the first week in May and i don't want anyone to know and I don't want to be starving around all these people. Then mother's day weekend i am going out of town with my family who are so unsupportive. i think I just need words of encouragement. my hubby gives them to me, but I just don't know.

Hello everyone,

I'm so glad to have found this group.. I am 8 weeks post op. First 4 to 5 weeks was very difficult for me.

Reading through all the posts help tremendously.

Looking forward to receiving more good information and hopefully sharing some as well.

Have a good day all!!!

hello all!!! My surgery date is June 4th!! I am excited and very nervous. I have to loose 10 pounds before surgery or he said he will cancel. i am nervous I won't be able to do it and keep it off. I am good for loosing 10-15 pounds and I am great for gaining it all back plus another 5. He didn't give me a pre op diet but I think I should just do the post op diet. My only other problem with the post op diet is that I have a sales conference with my job for the first week in May and i don't want anyone to know and I don't want to be starving around all these people. Then mother's day weekend i am going out of town with my family who are so unsupportive. i think I just need words of encouragement. my hubby gives them to me, but I just don't know.

Have you ever tried Weight Watchers? I am confident that you could lose 10 by then following one of their plans. Good luck to you!

To tiredoffat, I went on a clear liquid diet drinking Protein Shakes, juices and eating sugar free Jello and I lost 9 pounds in less than two weeks. I was only required by my surgeon to be on Clear Liquids the day before the surgery, but I went on it for about 10 days.

Guest babygirl901

Hello all. I am in Memphis, TN. After a year of appts, a pysch consult, nutrition classes, and support groups.....i finally meet my surgeon on Wednesday. I. am SOOOO nervous. Are any of you in Memphis or close?

Hello All,

I am new to this group, I am currently five days post op and I tell you this Head Hunger is a Beast!!!! But it is one I am going to beat. I have been keeping myself busy, I love reading and writing stories and poetry and this has helped tremendously. I am looking forward to supporting and receiving support from all of you.

Congrats to you Delta on getting approved. I wish you much success on your journey.

Hello All,

I am new to this group, I am currently five days post op and I tell you this Head Hunger is a Beast!!!! But it is one I am going to beat. I have been keeping myself busy, I love reading and writing stories and poetry and this has helped tremendously. I am looking forward to supporting and receiving support from all of you.

Congrats to you Delta on getting approved. I wish you much success on your journey.

Congrats to you! Stay strong and all will fall into place before you know it.

Hello All!

I'm 2 days shy of being 6months Post Op. Down 73 lbs( including pre op weight lost). I was a size 18 the day of my surgery (Nov 9,2011) and today I am a size 12. Looking forward to my last 47 lbs lost and hoping to be a size 6 or 8.

I've posted a before and after photo in my profile.

Hopefully that's a little motivation for you all :)

Awesome job Ericka!!! I'm trying my darnedest not be a slave to the scale!!! I'm down about 50 including pre-op.... Trying to not be so paranoid about eating and stuff... UGH.. it's so hard!! But I love my Sleevina.. I'm down from a 30/32 to a 22/24.. mostly 22s now!!

Hello Everyone,

I'm so glad to find this group! I'm a pre-op VSG patient awaiting Blue Shield of CA INS approval. I've begun Protein trials, stockpiling bullets, shots and bars...stepping up my Multivitamin & supplement intake. I look forward to connecting with other African American Sleevers who are pre and post-op.

I am so excited for you Ericka! This is awesome. :D I am looking forward to the day when I can post the same. I am so glad I found this group, you all give me so much hope and inspiration. Thank you for the encouragement to stay strong. I am happy to say that today is a lot better. By Thursday I start stage two of my diet. I am looking forward to it but also a little nervous. I am not sure why but I am. I know I will do well but sometimes the thought of maybe not being ready yet creeps into the back of my mind. I'm sure I'll be okay. CONGRATS to you again, and Thank you for the encouraging words.