Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How's everyone doing?

my dates is scheduled for November 1! Im beyond excited!!!:D:P

Congrats to you on your progress and I hope you get ur surgery soon. I'm in phase 1 of this but I'm also in the Dallas area (Carrollton). I am a pt of Dr. Barker. I am going for the psych consult in 2 weeks. Thanks for the heads up. I also just completed a sleep study last week which was the worst sleep I've had in a long time. I'm hoping to have the surgery in late Nov or early Dec.

I to have had the same issue (yo-yo weight loss/gain). I just started working out again 2 weeks ago at LA Fitness. It's hard to get back into the swing of things but hopefully this is the last time. I've also just started the Protein Shakes. Im trying to get used to them and to see what I like and what I don't. (Pure Protein shakes 35GM Protein per can and not bad tasting- I got them at Sprouts $3.79 per can)

I'd like to keep in touch and maybe share experiences along the way. All the best.

Hello MsSlim... and thank you. I'm down 30 lbs as of yesterday. I feel a lot better. I had my last nut/dr visit yesterday. Next week everything will be sent to insurance. Hopefully approved any day now. I will soon go in for pre-testing and then the big day. I'm getting a bit nervous and thinking if I lost 30, I can do it on my own. Well that kind of thinking has kept me overweight. Congrats on working out. I would like to keep in tough. We are neighbors. I'm near GB Tollway between Dallas and Plano. Nice to meet you!!

My surgery is next Wednesday Nov 9th and I have 5lbs to lose before then. I've decided to do a full liquid diet starting today until the day of surgery. I want to commit to riding my bike this last week as well at least for 30 minutes to an hour and maybe do some cardio at home.

Good Luck with you surgery .

Oops! Your surgery...lol

Hi everyone,

I am Nikki from Baltimore, and I am pre op still doing my homework about which surgery I would like to have. Not sure if I want the sleeve/band, but I am leaning more towards the sleeve. Also I am looking for support and friends on my journey.

Thanks

Nikki <3

Hello all. Thank you for allowing the men (the brothas) to join in on this group :biggrin2:. I am new to this site and still trying to feel my way around. I'm currently scheduled for VSG June 2012. I'm excited while at the same time I must admit that I have some reserves. Nonetheless, this site has helped me in many ways. The success stories and the resources provided are exactly what I've been looking for... all under one umbrella. I've read a few bad experiences, but for the most part, 99% of the stories have been positive. Even the bad stories (in my opinion) will turn around in good time. So as they say... it's all good! Holla!

Hi every-one Getting Sleeved on March 20th....hailing form South Fla!!

HOWDY!!!! I am so excited to get sleeved on 04.09.2012!!! what i would like to know from you all is this....as african americans what have your experiences been with saggy skin and boobs???? and what can i do to prevent it, if anything????

HOWDY!!!! I am so excited to get sleeved on 04.09.2012!!! what i would like to know from you all is this....as african americans what have your experiences been with saggy skin and boobs???? and what can i do to prevent it, if anything????

LMJ this is a good question that I am also wanting to know. I have a couple of friends who has had the surgery and both have some saggy skin not alot only in the areas if they workout (weightlighting) I feel the skin would shrink. I still worry about this when it comes to my own.

. I will be sleeved 3/5/12 (tomorrow). I am really glad I found this site. Need someone who can relate to not wanting to loose curves (Just fat and rolls)

I HOPE ALL WENT WELL TODAY!!!!!

It is day 3 since my surgery and I am home. Things are different than I expected but still glad I made the choice. I am looking for suggestions for the full liquid diet. already getting bored with cream Soup and pop cicles.