Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my surgeon is Dr. Tanaka. I am also a Kaiser member. My class facilitator was Barbara and we met on Thursday evenings at 4pm.

Hey all, I was sleeved last Wednesday, July 20, 2011 (South Jersey). Im excited about this group as I do not personally know anyone whos had this surgery done and havent had anyone to talk and share with. Looking forward to learning more!

Welcome. How has your experience been so far?

My surgeon is Dr. George Zorn. He was really good. I found him through Kaiser.

Hey There,

I had Dr. Zorn too. Hey was great.... other than calling me "Gal"!!! I eventually embraced it.

Think we should start a San Diego Group?

Hi all

I'm due to be sleeved on 9 Aug! after a year of appointments and support groups, so now I'm all packed and winding up things at work.

I'm in the UK so no point in sharing surgeons details here, but wanted to chat with other sisters (and brothers) about their experiences.

One burning question i have is how soon after surgery do they let you have a bath/shower?

I'll let you know how i get on and how i'm feeling!

Hi all

I'm due to be sleeved on 9 Aug! after a year of appointments and support groups, so now I'm all packed and winding up things at work.

I'm in the UK so no point in sharing surgeons details here, but wanted to chat with other sisters (and brothers) about their experiences.

One burning question i have is how soon after surgery do they let you have a bath/shower?

I'll let you know how i get on and how i'm feeling!

I was able to to take a shower the second day after surgery. Good luck and keep us posted.

I was able to to take a shower the second day after surgery. Good luck and keep us posted. By the way, no baths until incisions are healed...too risky for infection.

Hey all

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile

Surgery went great haven't had any complications or pain. Still working on getting enough fluids in but i have my bottle of Water wherever i go!

I am surprised at how quick and painless the healing progress is, so not pushing too far ahead to normal foods yet i've got another 2 weeks to go.

Was 110kg on 08/09/2011

Now 105kg!

Happy days!

hi ladies and gents...I am interested in becoming a sleever..I am in the DMV area but plan on going to mexico to Dr. Ramos...any advise with him...I will be a self pay as my insurance will not cover this procedure..unsure.gif

Hello All...

I'm new to the site. I'm happy to find this. My Dr is Colleen Kennedy, my surgery will be @ Presby Plano in Texas. I just passed my psych consult and entering the last phase just before surgery. No date yet but hopefully early October if all else goes well. I have one more nut/primary care visit next week, then the pre-testing, after that I pray to be sleeved in about 30 days. All has been going well. The worse part so far has been the psych consult. I was a bit nervous. I had over 300 questions and a face to face interview. I have lost 21 lbs from June to August, 15th but I have done this before only to gain it back and then some. I'm drinking the nasty Protein Shakes, a little walking everyday, no sweets, lots of fruits and veggies. Getting used to what and how I will be eating for now on. God bless you all.

Hi I'm considering having the surgery soon. I would like to know what ur experience has been like so far. What are the things that u think u did well and not so well. What info/experience do u wish u had known about prior to the procedure that u did not know. What have been ur successes and what have been ur failures. What is the biggest difference? I know that's a lot of questions but I would like to hear the good, the bad and the ugly about this process. Thanks so much in advance for considering sharing such a personal experience.

Congrats to you on your progress and I hope you get ur surgery soon. I'm in phase 1 of this but I'm also in the Dallas area (Carrollton). I am a pt of Dr. Barker. I am going for the psych consult in 2 weeks. Thanks for the heads up. I also just completed a sleep study last week which was the worst sleep I've had in a long time. I'm hoping to have the surgery in late Nov or early Dec.

I to have had the same issue (yo-yo weight loss/gain). I just started working out again 2 weeks ago at LA Fitness. It's hard to get back into the swing of things but hopefully this is the last time. I've also just started the Protein Shakes. Im trying to get used to them and to see what I like and what I don't. (Pure Protein shakes 35GM protein per can and not bad tasting- I got them at Sprouts $3.79 per can)

I'd like to keep in touch and maybe share experiences along the way. All the best.