Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome everyone!

Sign in to follow this  

Anyone in the Kansas City Group getting sleeved this week?

I was in Dr Hoehn's office today and there were so many people in there I thought maybe someone could also be on this Forum?

I was just sleeved last week on the 12th...

Jen

Hi, I am Tina, I live on the MO side. I am currently 4 days away from being a month out and have lost 34lbs so far. My doctors were Dr. Fearing and Dr. Malley and I had surgery at Menorah-so far so great! Have trouble with nausea and not getting much down- but in the end- its mostly my head saying Hey I want that now eat it and my stomach saying Whoa! I absolutely hated the drain tube- but now just like when having a baby its becoming a distant memory (the pain that is lol) I do have one spot where my body just rejected the internal stitch and it sticks out- its plastic and I go on wednesday to have it pulled/cut out- - I am glad you started this Amy- I think it helps knowing others in your own area are having the same issues.

Hi Tina. I'm Linda from Independence, Mo.My surgery will be at Menorah with Drs. Malley and Fearing also. I'm hoping the surgery will be around the first of September or before. I got my insurance approval letter a week ago Friday and am just (im)patiently waiting for Rachel from scheduling to call!

So now that you're a week out, how did it go? I hope everything went good!

Hi Kansas City Group. We live at Lake of the Ozarks but spend a lot of time in south Kansas City where our daughters and other family members live. My husband and I both grew up in the Martin City area. We are also RV'ers and are hoping to sell our lake home and be fulltimers in our motorhome. Unfortunately we keep dropping the price and their are no buyers but that is another story. ;-(

My vsg is scheduled this coming Wednesday July 20th. Dr Hoehn is my Dr. Is anyone else having surgery at that time?

I am getting pretty excited and can't believe this is actually happening. Today was the 3rd day of my preop diet. The first day I almost bit my husbands head off for which I appologized ;-)

I needed a nap the first and second day but today was actually better. We went to Walmart this evening and it was strange not to stop and get something to eat before coming home. It was also a weird feeling not to go into the grocery section and buy something. I wandered over to the grocery part from habit and then turned around and left.

Can someone tell me how to get the tracker to keep track of our weight loss?

How are you feeling now at about 2 weeks out? Any problems or complaints?

I was just sleeved last week on the 12th...

Jen

Happy Friday Everybody! I live in Oswego KS (down past Pittsburg) in SE KS but I work Mon-Wed in Overland Park. I am having my surgery this Monday (Aug 1st) with Dr. Kowalski at KC Bariatric. Started my preop diet today and I am ready to roll for Monday. How is everyone doing? Do you have your dates? How is the preop/postop phase going?

So now that you're a week out, how did it go? I hope everything went good!

I am a week and a half out from surgery date of July 20th. A very happy day was when the staples were taken out last Thursday. They were starting to really bother me and it did not hurt at all to get them out.

I am really doing great now. I am amazed at how the appetite is gone and the weight is just melting off, I keep thinking this is a dream and I hope I don't wake up. LOL

My mid section is funny looking as it shrinks down. There is a cavity on the left side where the hole was for the stomach to be pulled out. I was aware this would happen. The rest of the midsection seems to be "rearranging" as I lose weight. At this point I don't care what it looks like I am just so excited to watch it shrink!!

I walked yesterday for the first time without my hips hurting.

That is great! Keep up the good work! I can't wait until I get to that point. I want this surgery now! LOL.

Not impatient at all, am I? ;)

I am a week and a half out from surgery date of July 20th. A very happy day was when the staples were taken out last Thursday. They were starting to really bother me an d it did not hurt at all to get them out.

I am really doing great now. I am amazed at how the appetite is gone and the weight is just melting off, I keep thinking this is a dream and I hope I don't wake up. LOL

My mid section is funny looking as it shrinks down. There is a cavity on the left side where the hole was for the stomach to be pulled out. I was aware this would happen. The rest of the midsection seems to be "rearranging" as I lose weight. At this point I don't care what it looks like I am just so excited to watch it shrink!!

I walked yesterday for the first time without my hips hurting.

That is great! Keep up the good work! I can't wait until I get to that point. I want this surgery now! LOL.

Not impatient at all, am I? ;)

I understand completely. I started thinking about this last November and then when I really started trying to make it happen in May it seemed like no one would call me back fast enough. You are supposed to wait for them to call you.

It sure helps to have this forum. I would just bury myself in all of the topics. "That" phone call will hopefully come soon for you!

The date has finally (well almost) arrived! Good Luck and let us know how you're doing when you are able!

Happy Friday Everybody! I live in Oswego KS (down past Pittsburg) in SE KS but I work Mon-Wed in Overland Park. I am having my surgery this Monday (Aug 1st) with Dr. Kowalski at KC Bariatric. Started my preop diet today and I am ready to roll for Monday. How is everyone doing? Do you have your dates? How is the preop/postop phase going?

The schedular at my WL dr called today, finally, and said their surgery dates are running about 12 weeks out right now. They didn't give me a date because they are trying to rearrange their schedule. *sigh*

Dalistone,

Sorry to hear it is going to be awhile. Maybe they will increase their number of surgery days or something to get caught up. Another thought, have you considered checking into other surgeon options in the area? I would hate to change doctors but if it means a surgery much sooner then it could be an option. Hang in there!

Dalistone,

Sorry to hear it is going to be awhile. Maybe they will increase their number of surgery days or something to get caught up. Another thought, have you considered checking into other surgeon options in the area? I would hate to change doctors but if it means a surgery much sooner then it could be an option. Hang in there!

I am checking out that option now. KC Bariatrics has a seminar tonight and I am waiting for a call back from a lady there, then I want to call my insurance co, before I decide on tonights seminar.

I am checking out that option now. KC Bariatrics has a seminar tonight and I am waiting for a call back from a lady there, then I want to call my insurance co, before I decide on tonights seminar.

Dr Hoehn's office told me this is their slower time of the year because people don't want to wait on their stitches to heal up before getting in a swimming pool. They said in the fall things really pick up.

That sure wasn't one of my concerns even though we live on a lake. LOL My concern was getting some of this weight off so I would even feel good in a swimming suit!

Also tomorrow afternoon is their monthly support group if anyone is interested. I haven't been to one yet but I am going tomorrow.