Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome everyone!

Sign in to follow this  

Hi!

My name is Amy. I live around the Olathe area. I am currently pre-op patient gathering all of the required materials for insurance submission. My doctor is Dr.Price at St.Luke's and so far I love the office staff, doctor, and program!

I am 28 years old and am having this surgery so that I can have healthy babies one day and be a healthy mom. I am looking for some support from local people.

If you are interested, come on in and say hello and introduce yourself.

I look forward to supporting one another and sharing our experiences!

Hi, I am Tina, I live on the MO side. I am currently 4 days away from being a month out and have lost 34lbs so far. My doctors were Dr. Fearing and Dr. Malley and I had surgery at Menorah-so far so great! Have trouble with nausea and not getting much down- but in the end- its mostly my head saying Hey I want that now eat it and my stomach saying Whoa! I absolutely hated the drain tube- but now just like when having a baby its becoming a distant memory (the pain that is lol) I do have one spot where my body just rejected the internal stitch and it sticks out- its plastic and I go on wednesday to have it pulled/cut out- - I am glad you started this Amy- I think it helps knowing others in your own area are having the same issues.

Hello peeps. My name is Deb and I live in Shawnee Mission and work in Kansas City. My sleeve was perforrmed by my surgeon Dr. Stanley Hoehn of The Bariatric Center of Kansas City in Aug. 2010.

So far I have lost about 140 pounds and still want to lose an addtional 40 to 50 pounds by my 1 year surgiversary. I think I would have been at goal by now, but sometimes sh*t happens. I was a size 26/28 in jeans and a 3/4X in tops. I currently wear a size 12/10 in jeans and large/med in tops sometimes even the label will say small. My goal is to be size 4/6 in jeans and a small in tops. SAY WHAT.... SAY WHAT ???? LOL.

I hope to get to know more about everyone in our group.

HAPPY JOURNEY ro each of us.

Deb B)

Ok- I am having a lot of problems with just taking things in and feeling like I am going to throw up- like there isn't even room for liquids in there- and so when I try to eat anything of substance- I get sick and up it comes- Mystee and I had the same doctor - and she is having the same issues- but she is a few weeks further out than me - I have lost 35lbs in less than a month- I am glad that I am not really "hungry" - just slow sipping- chewing (not really chewing yet mostly swishing lol)- I don't know know whats up- but I know this to shall pass (I hope) - I am one month on thursday- Take care, tina

Hi my name is Jen, I live in western Wyandotte County (KCK) and work north of the river. I am 32 years old and have about 100 pounds to lose. I want to be a healthy, active, fun mom for my 4 and 7 year old girls and of course for my husband too.

I started my WLS journey in July 2010 and can finally say that my insurance packet has been turned in and is being reviewed as we speak! July through December was mostly research and support groups and waiting for my insurance to switch over. January to present has been full of doctor appointments, meeting the requirements, supervised diet, and more classes and support groups.

My surgery will be with Dr Selim at KU Med. I recently learned that he has done very few sleeves so I am very happy to have my sleeve specific KC group on VST!

Although waiting this long has been very hard (and it isn't over - crossing my fingers that I get approved) I am thankful for the time to research and learn about the sleeve as I started out last year inquiring about the band.

I look forward to getting to know all of you - Jen

p.s. I had quite the time getting into this group, ended up upgrading my internet explorer and for some reason that worked!

Hi my name is Jen, I live in western Wyandotte County (KCK) and work north of the river. I am 32 years old and have about 100 pounds to lose. I want to be a healthy, active, fun mom for my 4 and 7 year old girls and of course for my husband too.

I started my WLS journey in July 2010 and can finally say that my insurance packet has been turned in and is being reviewed as we speak! July through December was mostly research and support groups and waiting for my insurance to switch over. January to present has been full of doctor appointments, meeting the requirements, supervised diet, and more classes and support groups.

My surgery will be with Dr Selim at KU Med. I recently learned that he has done very few sleeves so I am very happy to have my sleeve specific KC group on VST!

Although waiting this long has been very hard (and it isn't over - crossing my fingers that I get approved) I am thankful for the time to research and learn about the sleeve as I started out last year inquiring about the band.

I look forward to getting to know all of you - Jen

p.s. I had quite the time getting into this group, ended up upgrading my internet explorer and for some reason that worked!

Hi Jen. My first choice for surgeon was Dr. Selim. I ended up with Dr. Hoehn. Please update me with your thoughts about Dr. Selim. If you don't mind.

Deb B)

KU Med was the only option for WLS covered by my insurance so that helped make my choice very easy!

However, I have always been partial to KU Med and consider it one of the best hospitals. I had both of my babies there and while it wasn't the spa like experience that some ladies had other places, I felt like their state of the art teaching doctors were ideal for my high risk pregnancies, c sections, and NICU preemie. There is something very comforting to me about a doctor with decades of experience brainstorming with a new doctor that just learned the latest technology about my chart.

As for Dr Selim I find that he is all business, but again, I'm ok with that. When it comes to my surgery, I am way more concerned with the final product than I am with the experience itself. If I need my hand held, I will bring my husband along :)

Jen

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Nikki, I live in kc,mo and have had vsg. I am 23 years old and currently work in Grandview, MO part time and attend collumbia college online full time. I did consider going to dr. hoehn, but because of insurance and cost reasons I did not. I had surgery out of the country in Tijuana, MX with Dr. Kelly Ramos. I had a wonderful experience and am on my path through this journey already. I still feel like I am part of the Kansas City group even if I can't share the exact same personal stories from surgery as some of you may be able to, but I can share a different insight and sometimes that can be very helpful. I am currently just over a month out and have lost 26lbs and 19.5 inches. Feel free to check out my blog for a breakdown if you would like. I am going to try and keep monthly weigh-in updates avaliable to the public because I feel that it was what I was always looking for pre-op. Good Luck and glad to be a part of the kansas city sleevers group. Woot, woot!!!

Hi everyone!

Just checking in... I know it has been awhile since I have been on here. Sounds like you are all making wonderful progress!

I just had my 3rd or 4 dieticiain and exercise physiologist appointments today. I am hoping they get my packet submitted to insurance soon because I have all my stuff turned in. Since I work in a school, I am really hoping to be on the books for surgery before the end of July so I will be ready to go back again the 3rd week in August.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Protein Powder for the liquid diet pre-op? My dietician said that they have to be whey Protein isolate and I am having a hard time finding ones that fall in that category that don't tast like poo poo.

I did not realize there were already several members in our group! Does anyone know how I can update my settings so that I get notified anytime someone posts here? I would like to be able to respond a little quicker.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Hi Amy,

My name is Jess and I live in the Overland Park area. I am currently in pending stage and by that I mean pending approval from insurance. I am seeing Dr. K from MISH, I love her and her office staff, they have been amazing. I am really hoping to have my surgery by July, I've been in process for a long time and ready to take that next step and get my sleeve! It's nice to go through something like this with other people in the area!

Hey- I havn't been on here in a while either- but Herbalife shakes is what I used- and still use- they are great and I have like 50 recipes for them- there is also a place in downtown Lee's Summit, MO- called "The Daily Shake" - She can help you a lot too! These are the best by far!

Take Care,

Tina

Oh- and I am 1 month and 9 days out and have lost 40lbs! Yeah!

Hi group! I'm Jenifer, and I'm from Wichita, KS. I joined this group because I found out that with my insurance, I'll either be going through Topeka or KC for my surgery (so obviously I don't know who my surgeon is yet). I applied 2 years ago through Aetna insurance, and I got denied twice because I lost 50 # of my own over the course of a year a 3 or 4 years back (Who cares I gained 90 back then, right?). I was told I'd be eligible to start over again June 2011; however, my insurance at work changed to United Healthcare June 2011 so not only am I starting over, I'm going from Aetna's 3 month diet to UHC's 6 month diet requirement. I just had my first of 6 appointments last week...I'm hoping these 6 months can go by fast because I'm so tired of being this overweight (I never had a weight problem until I had my son 8 years ago). I'm not able to excercise currently because I've had 7 sprained ankles on the same foot in a year and a half, and the last time I sprained it in December 2010 it happened at work, and it ended up fracturing some small bone in my heel region which makes it painful to walk without my cam boot I wear all of the time. I have my consult with my orthopaedic surgeon in two days, so hopefully more will come of that soon. Sorry I'm rambling...So much I have on my mind about the surgery but trying not to go into every single detail. Hoping everyone is doing well. Thanks for letting me ramble!

Jenifer

Hi Kansas City Group. We live at Lake of the Ozarks but spend a lot of time in south Kansas City where our daughters and other family members live. My husband and I both grew up in the Martin City area. We are also RV'ers and are hoping to sell our lake home and be fulltimers in our motorhome. Unfortunately we keep dropping the price and their are no buyers but that is another story. ;-(

My vsg is scheduled this coming Wednesday July 20th. Dr Hoehn is my Dr. Is anyone else having surgery at that time?

I am getting pretty excited and can't believe this is actually happening. Today was the 3rd day of my preop diet. The first day I almost bit my husbands head off for which I appologized ;-)

I needed a nap the first and second day but today was actually better. We went to Walmart this evening and it was strange not to stop and get something to eat before coming home. It was also a weird feeling not to go into the grocery section and buy something. I wandered over to the grocery part from habit and then turned around and left.

Can someone tell me how to get the tracker to keep track of our weight loss?