Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome Florida Sleevers

Well, hello everyone! I missed this post until today. Like MrJ, I'm in Vero Beach. I haven't figured out how to change my profile location.

I'm 45, 2 grown children and was sleeved Aug 30, 2011 by Dr Domkowski in Sebastian, FL.

I'm halfway to goal! :)

Halfway to go is awesome, Lissa! And, I love Vero Beach, when I was in high school, I remember spending my summers there with my parents in a nice travel park, have some great memories there!

Well, hello everyone! I missed this post until today. Like MrJ, I'm in Vero Beach. I haven't figured out how to change my profile location.

I'm 45, 2 grown children and was sleeved Aug 30, 2011 by Dr Domkowski in Sebastian, FL.

I'm halfway to goal! :smile1:

Yes Dr Domkoski is going to do my Sleeve also!! Small world!!

Susan, It's a great town. Wish it was still little! I actually grew up in Ft Pierce and have lived in Okeechobee, Port St Lucie and now Vero. I'm here for the long haul, though. :)

MrJ, you will LOVE Dr D and SRMC!! I was treated very well there and cannot say enough good about both the doc and the hospital. Many of the staff that took care of me (3 surgeries to have my VSG) have also had WLS with Dr D. ALL of them say he's awesome. :) I just had my post-op visit with him and was, as always, impressed that he takes all the time necessary to answer all my questions. Some of the questions I ask are "out there", but he's always calm and helpful!! :) Even though I have other health complications that made the surgery risky and recovery touch and go at times, he's been amazing about getting me through them. I didn't have any complications from my sleeve and have had no issues with that option.

Also, there's a support group meeting every month on the 4th Tuesday at SRMC. You should attend sometime. Usually Dr Lynn Williams runs it, but she's been out the last couple of months. Personally, I think that's an improvement, but the group and it's members are great!!! :) Feel free to ask me any questions you like, either here or in PM.

Thanks for the insight!! I will be Pm you!!

BTW, Mr J. I won't be offering to pass on any of my old clothes to you! ;)

Lol Rofl!!

I will be having my surgery in 3 weeks. I have a husband and a son and I am 36. I live in Central Florida between Tampa and Orlando. My Dr is Keith Kim in Orlando area.

Hi Lonnie I also live in the Orlando area and am having my surgery with Dr. Kim. I dont have a date yet, still doing my preop stuff. Do you attend the east orlando support group?

Where are the people from the Treasure Coast!!! any one.....

Well, of course I'm from the Treasure Coast, because I'm a Treasure, Laura! :)

Hi all

Just a bitt :( because my loan was not approved! So now I have to save $6000.00 to go have my sleeve sugery in Mexico. Dose anybody know if Medicare covers the sleeve surgery?

biggrin.gif Welcome Florida Sleevers!!!biggrin.gif

I am Jenn, wife and mother of two. Currently I am doing all my pre-op testing and have 8 more pounds to lose to meet my pre-op goal. I live in Lake City Florida...about 1/2 hr. from Gainesville and an hour from Jacksonville. I will be seeing Dr. Ben-David at Shands in Gainesville. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and who knows, maybe have a meet & greet sometime!

biggrin.gif Welcome Florida Sleevers!!!biggrin.gif

I am Jenn, wife and mother of two. Currently I am doing all my pre-op testing and have 8 more pounds to lose to meet my pre-op goal. I live in Lake City Florida...about 1/2 hr. from Gainesville and an hour from Jacksonville. I will be seeing Dr. Ben-David at Shands in Gainesville. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and who knows, maybe have a meet & greet sometime!

Hi Jenn, I am pre opp as well and mother of one. Good luck with everything

Barbara

Me too!! Vero Beach :)

Where are the people from the Treasure Coast!!! any one.....

Raised on the Nature coast, live on the first coast, don't know much about the treasure coast :)

Yes u r.......LOL

Hi Lissa I'v been a bitt down I have to save the money for my surgery.

$6000.00 so I can go have my VSG in Cancun! it will take me about 7 months :(

I am so wanting to do this. Fat has taken 22 years of my life......