Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Our new Forum!!

I'll try to get everyone to sign up. Seems the invite option is having issues. I'll also be deleting the Yahoo! Group now that we have this. :) Happpyyyy!!!

Can't wait to meet all of you Saturday. That is going to be so nice :)

ahhhhh, YAY! I was trying to figure out posting, only took a few buttons to push. :)

Yep we have our own spot to make new threads and everything. It's pretty nice. :) I like this group idea.

Street: 1689 Arden Way

City/State/Zip: Sacramento, CA 95815

Phone: 916-529-1830

If you have any Protein Drinks, please bring them! It's a Protein flavor

try-out. :) Also, if you have a pile of clothes ready for donation, bring those

too. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please RSVP, thanks!! Hope you all can make it!!!

2 PM

Drat, can't make it. Hopefully next time!

Sure! We should plan on having a meeting at least every other month. :) Keep an eye on this forum!

Welcome Meggie, I didn't know you were out this way!! It would be great if you could make our next meeting!! :)

As for today, I'll see you all in about an hour. If you get lost, my cell number is 916-529-1830. Gimme a ring and I'll get you there.

Hugs!! xx

Welp, I didn't get lost...at least I don't think!! I was there at 1:30 and seen the jazz band playing outside. I think that was the right area!!

I drove around for 20-25 minutes looking for a parking spot and finally gave up!

Maybe the next meeting will be in a less crowded spot???

Sorry I missed ya'll. I am sad!

Kelly :(

Welcome Meggie, I didn't know you were out this way!! It would be great if you could make our next meeting!! :)

As for today, I'll see you all in about an hour. If you get lost, my cell number is 916-529-1830. Gimme a ring and I'll get you there.

Hugs!! xx

Welp, I didn't get lost...at least I don't think!! I was there at 1:30 and seen the jazz band playing outside. I think that was the right area!!

I drove around for 20-25 minutes looking for a parking spot and finally gave up!

Maybe the next meeting will be in a less crowded spot???

Sorry I missed ya'll. I am sad!

Kelly :(

Awwee!! I was wondering where you were. I don't know about any jazz bands playing so I'm not sure you were in the right area. There was four of us total - and it was really nice!! Being it was our first one I think we did pretty good. There's always next time, and maybe we can just choose a starbucks or something. Easier to find maybe and yes, the parking should be good. The parking at Arden Mall is always yucky. :)

We missed you though! We'll make plans for next month. You better be there!! :D

Thanks ladies for the nice chat!!! xoxo It was great!!

Yeah, there was a jazz band playing in front of the eye center place. I probably was lost. I live in Folsom and have since I moved here 8 years ago. I don't frequent that part of town and therefore was pretty lost.

I was looking for 1689 on the windows of the door, but did not see it so assumed it was where all of the food places were.

Right or Wrong, I still could not have brought my car in with me!! LOL

I am glad you all had fun. I am still sad tho!

Kelly ;)

Awwee!! I was wondering where you were. I don't know about any jazz bands playing so I'm not sure you were in the right area. There was four of us total - and it was really nice!! Being it was our first one I think we did pretty good. There's always next time, and maybe we can just choose a starbucks or something. Easier to find maybe and yes, the parking should be good. The parking at Arden Mall is always yucky. :)

We missed you though! We'll make plans for next month. You better be there!! :D

Thanks ladies for the nice chat!!! xoxo It was great!!

It was fun meeting you all! Looking forward to the next meeting and getting a couple more ladies out with us.

Here is that info I offered at the meeting:

Bobs red mill baking mix (great for pancakes and the cake recipe Im working on...)

http://www6.netritio...e_mix_page.html

Here is that peanut flour also....high Protein and low carbs/fat/calories

http://www6.netritio...anut_flour.html

I have not tryed this one, but hope to soon, for pizza crust....

http://www6.netritio...d_mix_page.html

chocolate cake recipe(rough working recipe)

1/2 cup Bobs baking mix 200cal 30fat 12 carbs 28 pro

3/4 t baking powder

two scoops (one serving) soy Protein isolate (or other flavored whey protein) 110 cal fat 15cal pro 23gms

salt

cocoa powder (about 1 heaping Tablespoon)

mix well

1T oil 120cal 16 gms fat

add oil and mix again

one egg 77cal pro 6.3 fat 2

1/3 cup milk 33cal 1fAT 3PRO

1/4cup white chocolate torranies SF

vanilla

mix wet then add to dry and mix again until no dry lumps…no more.

pour into 3 pammed bowls. cover with foil and steam for 25 minutes- steaming keeps the cake moist. Microwave leaves it like a dry sponge! I have not tried baking in the oven yet...

frosting

1/4c peanut flour 110 cal 35 fat 4carb 16 pro

salt

1/4 cup torranies white chocolate (or 1/8th cup torranies and 1/8 cup milk)

1/8 cup cocoa powder

1 teaspoon soft margarine or butter 35 cal

mix well

remove cakes form bowls when cool and cut into layers and frost with frosting and cool whip if you like. Makes three large "cakes" I often cut in half and that is PLENTY for a serving.

685 cals total- 228 cals each

98 fat cal 32.6 each

16 gms carbs 5.3carbs each

76 pro gms 25.3 each

I will post pics in a few minutes....