Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know lately a lot of the Twenty-Somethings have been having their sleeves done, and I was wondering how the skin was coming along and if you were using anything you would recommend.

I just turned 29 and have lost 114 pounds so far. When I remember I slather my body in cocoa butter from palmers. I have not really been exercising either yet. I notice a little loose skin. Around the upper arms, a little around the upper thighs and starting to a bit at the belly. I think that if I lotioned more often and lifted some weights it will not be that bad in the future. Fingers crossed of course. I have about 35 more to lose.

I just turned 29 and have lost 114 pounds so far. When I remember I slather my body in cocoa butter from palmers. I have not really been exercising either yet. I notice a little loose skin. Around the upper arms, a little around the upper thighs and starting to a bit at the belly. I think that if I lotioned more often and lifted some weights it will not be that bad in the future. Fingers crossed of course. I have about 35 more to lose.

wow you're doing great! Congrats. :)

I'm worried about this too!! My plan is to exercise as much as I reasonably can and use lotion to help with any stretch marks. My surgeon told me that having muscle tone helps keep the skin taut because it gives the skin something "to hold onto" as you lose weight. Also, I want to exercise because as of right now I can carry around 140 pounds at a time! 180 if I am piggy-backing my sister! I don't want to lose that strength as I lose my weight.

Also, cross our fingers that because we are young our skin still have the natural elasticity to shrink with us!

Congrats Amber on your weight loss so far!!!

I hope, I hope, I hope it is not too bad. I just started my journey so I don't know the outcome. I just hope all of us here in the twentysomethings get lucky with the skin issue. I know it depends on the type of skin and how much is has been stretched. I have heard the same about exercise. Having muscle will fill some of the lose skin and begin to tighten. Also using any kind of moisturizure will help a bit keeping the skin healthy and rejuvinating. Over time even after the weight is lost the skin will continue to reshape and tighten. It just might not do so as much as we all would like. I feel my arms have always been smaller or a good size for being such a big girl, however my tummy is biiggg. So I don't think I will ever be wearing a bikini even after I lose the weight. I will most likely post about this topic later on in my journey. Good Luck, can't wait to hear from some of you that are further along!

Hi!

I am 27 and am now 8 months since surgery. I have lost 70lb so far and have another 10lb to lose but the loss has ground to a halt.

I have quite a lot of loose skin on my arms, tummy and thighs. I was swimming regularly but I felt I needed to start doing some resistance training to help tone the muscles so I am now doing Pilates. I found a great DVD called "10 minute solution - pilates" which I've been doing from start to finish twice a week. I've been doing this for about a month now and I have noticed quite a big difference to my stomach already.

I also use a general "all-over body firming moisturiser" when I get out the shower twice a day (when I remember!)

I took some photos of my loose skin a while back, and will take some more as it gets better. I may even post my progress once I can see a real difference.

Good luck! :D

I would love to hear updates from everybody... I know I still have alot to loose and I'm so scared about the loose skin. I am already doing weight training along with my cardio but from my understanding, it will only do so much. I will keep you guys updated on my progress as well... fingers crossed for all of us...

@TwoStepsBack, congrats on your weight loss. Thank you so much!

Thank you ladies for keeping this post alive. This is a huge issue for all of us! I can't wait to be able to contribute myself.

Hey so Im new to this also just had my surgery june 28th and the loose skin was a big question for me also ...How have you been I noticed your surgery was in may!!

I hope, I hope, I hope it is not too bad. I just started my journey so I don't know the outcome. I just hope all of us here in the twentysomethings get lucky with the skin issue. I know it depends on the type of skin and how much is has been stretched. I have heard the same about exercise. Having muscle will fill some of the lose skin and begin to tighten. Also using any kind of moisturizure will help a bit keeping the skin healthy and rejuvinating. Over time even after the weight is lost the skin will continue to reshape and tighten. It just might not do so as much as we all would like. I feel my arms have always been smaller or a good size for being such a big girl, however my tummy is biiggg. So I don't think I will ever be wearing a bikini even after I lose the weight. I will most likely post about this topic later on in my journey. Good Luck, can't wait to hear from some of you that are further along!

I am just giving a little bump to this thread in hopes that some of the previous ppl that posted here can give any insight on how they are presently doing with the lose skin? I'm just 3 weeks out but of course worried about the loose skin as well.

I know im also scared of having too much loose skin, im 25 and have about 150lbs to lose...doing my doc visits, havent been scheduled for surgery yet...so nervous that I will feel the same way about my body with loose skin like I do now with being big...disgusted.

29 here, and terrified of loose skin. I am using lots of oils, and body brushing. I've got 90lbs to go but I'll let you know if it works :)

I know im also scared of having too much loose skin, im 25 and have about 150lbs to lose...doing my doc visits, havent been scheduled for surgery yet...so nervous that I will feel the same way about my body with loose skin like I do now with being big...disgusted.

I'm 25 too and had 130 to lose. I am now 5 weeks out have lost a total(Pre-op diet and then since surgery) of 40 pounds. My skin seems to be doing ok so far but of course I have alot more to go. I wish you luck on your journey!!!!! Keep us updated!