Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved in T minus 4 hours.....

Keeping busy to hide my anxiety by making sure my house is shiny and clean for the family coming to help out with the kids for the next few days. I should pack and put on my make up but I think it would make me realize that I'm about to part with a large portion of my stomach today and that is pretty scary. But it's all good - I'm here. = ) I'm blessed. = )

Best of luck to you today!!! I'm a week behind you and am sending you all the positive thoughts, prayers and vibes in the world for an easy and successful surgery, quick recovery and a new life!!

See you on the other (thin) side!

JG

Peace to you!!! Don't forget to breathe :) I'll be praying for you this afternoon!!!

Prayers going up for an easy surgery and speedy recovery. Remember why you are doing this!! I will be joining you in 5 days!! Joan

Good luck today. I know you will be great! I hope everything goes well for you. Keep us udated when you are feeling up to it. :D

Sending good thoughts and wishes your way! Please let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it. :)

I'm doing good. I was released within 24 hours of my surgery. The first major bummer was that as my husband and I were on the way to the hospital - the hospital called me and asked me when I was getting there. I was told to be there by 11:30 and the surgery was at 1:30. Apparently they changed my surgery time to 11:45 and never told me. Oh thank you. So we had to wait once we got there for 3 1/2 hours since they had to let someone else go ahead of my. Surgery went well - my surgeon did a lot of extra investigating to make sure all was okay (I am his first or second Sleeve) He said I lost the equivalent of 8 drops of blood. Biggest complaint - dying of thirst. Went 36 hours before I could put anything in my mouth and I will never again take for granted how wonderful ice chips are. = ) Pain isn't bad - just the gas startles me sometimes but that seems to be getting better. I'm having a hard time keeping my liquid pain meds down - they seem to make me puke. All I"m supposed to be able to eat for the first week is broth and Jello. But just a couple of bites and I'm good. Anyways - I'm still alive and while I was there I saw a few people dealing with their complications from the lap band - I'm so glad I skipped that option and went straight to the sleeve.

GLAD to hear all went well! Hope to hear many more good stories. How has it been at home and not in the hospital?

I fear getting the IV more than the surgery (I have bad veins....) Surgery date is 6/1.

Hope you get better and better everyday!!

:)

PD

I'm doing good. I was released within 24 hours of my surgery. The first major bummer was that as my husband and I were on the way to the hospital - the hospital called me and asked me when I was getting there. I was told to be there by 11:30 and the surgery was at 1:30. Apparently they changed my surgery time to 11:45 and never told me. Oh thank you. So we had to wait once we got there for 3 1/2 hours since they had to let someone else go ahead of my. Surgery went well - my surgeon did a lot of extra investigating to make sure all was okay (I am his first or second Sleeve) He said I lost the equivalent of 8 drops of blood. Biggest complaint - dying of thirst. Went 36 hours before I could put anything in my mouth and I will never again take for granted how wonderful ice chips are. = ) Pain isn't bad - just the gas startles me sometimes but that seems to be getting better. I'm having a hard time keeping my liquid pain meds down - they seem to make me puke. All I"m supposed to be able to eat for the first week is broth and Jello. But just a couple of bites and I'm good. Anyways - I'm still alive and while I was there I saw a few people dealing with their complications from the lap band - I'm so glad I skipped that option and went straight to the sleeve.

I'm happy to hear things went well. Maybe your doc could prescribe anti-nausea med to take with your pain medicine? I hope to be telling my post op story in about 2 weeks. Thanks for the update :)