Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else sick of the pre-op diet???

Hey all,

Well i'm on day 8 of 14 for my pre-op diet (about 700 calories a day) before my surgery next Friday May 27th with Dr. Keith Kim in Celebration. It really hasnt been that hard (I had already cut myself to 1300 calories and working out almost daily about 1.5 months ago), a few bouts with low energy and of course just being sick of Protein Shakes and smelling and seeing everyone else's food has been a challenge! I had to go to a luncheon on Wednesday and BOY did everything look and smell good. I wont name the foods b/c its bad enough I had to endure it, no need to drag you all along with me :) Everyone kinda looked at me weird but noone asked and if they had, I was planning on saying I had a late lunch appt right after so as not to have to divulge personal info.

Not sure who all is on a pre-op diet but here is mine:

7:30am - Protein shake with 8 oz of fat free-milk (Protein powder is the Vitamin Shoppe Brand, 100 Cal, 24g Protein, 0g fat, <1g Carb)

10:30am - 8oz Water with benefiber mixed in

12:30pm - Protein Shake with 8 oz of water, no sugar added vanilla yogurt (separate, not mixed with the shake), 8 oz water with benefiber mixed in

2:30pm - 1cup raw carrots (can be 1 cup of any raw veggie, but carrots are crunchy so it takes longer to chew and helps with the texture-withdrawal i'm having from the rest of the diet)

5:30pm - Protein shake with 8 oz of water, 8 oz water with benefiber mixed in

7:30pm - Protein Shake with 8 oz of fat free-milk

So that means that now, on day 8, as of 12:36pm, i have consumed a whopping 30 shakes!!! Only 24 to go!!

Overall, like i said, its not that bad but is kind of annoying...its working though, have lost about 10lbs since starting it and am getting really psyched about the surgery!

Anyone else doing a similar diet?

Thanks!

I am on 9 th day of Protein Shakes and 1 meal a day of lean meat and 3 cups of veggies. I am down 18 pounds but I was still eating junk prior...unlike your disciplined self!! Lol. I am hungry a lot but like you i am so motivated to lose weight and keep it off with this tool called the sleeve...I am resisting. I found a Protein Drink I like called Isopure at the Vitamin Shoppe. Hang in there. We are almost there!!!! Joan

Thanks Joan! Glad i'm not alone!! Best of luck to you too and continued success!!!

JG

NICE!! We are going to be sleeve siblings and we are pretty close in age (i just turned 31 in February) !!! I'm checking out your blog and videos and will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers on OUR big day!!

Good luck!!

JG

Man wait until the night before your surgery! I was stuck ALONE in San Diego in a hotel for 2 nights pre-op and I swear every other frickin' commercial on TV was for a pizza chain promoting a 5 chees and 2 bacon pizza - OMG I almost buckled!

You can make it, keep it up, it'll be just that much LESS you have to lose post-op and will clear your bowels out and make post-op Constipation just that much more unlikely.

wow root, i dont think i could have handled being in the hotel room in that situation!! You are strong!!!

Thanks for the kind words and I don't think i've ever been happier to see the words "post-op constipation" and "unlikely" in a sentence in my life!! Thanks!

Congrats on your fantastic results!!

JG

I am on day 13 of the preop diet. Tomorrow is my last day then surgery Monday. I have lost 15 lbs in 13 days. I am sick of Jello, popsicles and broth..I still like my Protein shakes. I was mixing them with milk until I started clears yesterday..now mixing with Water and sometimes Motts toddler apple juice. I am using Chick nutrition shakes. Love 'em. I have a tub of strawberry and a tub of banana and mix 1 scoop of each for a banana-strawberry shake..it's really good and i hope I still like them after surgery.

Good luck with your diets. It really was harder the first week. Then I thought it got easier. I was pretty grumpy yesterday. Lack of caleries has made me too tired to care about food. lol

I don't dare cheat on my last 3 days of clears. I don't want any complications on Monday..hopefully the surgery will be "textbook" . B)

NICE!! We are going to be sleeve siblings and we are pretty close in age (i just turned 31 in February) !!! I'm checking out your blog and videos and will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers on OUR big day!!

Good luck!!

JG

YOUR SO SWEET THANKS! YOU WILL ALSO BE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS =)

I am geting sleeved May 27th too!!! I get three protien shakes a handfull of walnuts with each shake one mid-morn snack like a cup of grapes or apple and a salad at dinner! I have to agree May 27th can't come any sooner? Still a little nervous and scared,but ready!

Overall, like i said, its not that bad but is kind of annoying...its working though, have lost about 10lbs since starting it and am getting really psyched about the surgery!

Anyone else doing a similar diet?

Thanks!

I am gradually working myself into that type of a cycle & seems pretty similar to what my ultimate goal is to be for the 3 day cleanse. I am 22 days & counting!

I'm still looking for a Protein shake that tastes like a dirty martini!!

:martini_shaken:

valentina

I am gradually working myself into that type of a cycle & seems pretty similar to what my ultimate goal is to be for the 3 day cleanse. I am 22 days & counting!

@Hollie, awesome, you me and skinnieminnie are triplets!!! Lets lose 100's of pounds together!!!

4 days ladies!!!

JG

YES!!! I am sick of the pre-op diet!!! And it is only day 5!!!!

The shakes aren't bad tasting (except for Muscle Milk Light which tastes like lighter Fluid or gasoline) but they are giving me a loud gurgling stomach, diarrhea, excess stomach acid and today -- nausea! This is BEFORE surgery -- damn am I in for a rough time.

I'm used to having an Iron constitution and being able to ingest anything -- but today I am keeping my tummy empty -- because it finally feels better that way. I am thinking sugar free ice pop and Jello for dinner -- maybe I will start with some broth! Woo hoo -- a banquet!

I had pre admission tests this morning and didn't even hop on a scale to see if I've lost a few pounds for all this trouble. I don't have a scale at home. I can tell my weight fluctuations in my clothes and in how my joints feel pushing my fat butt up and down stairs! Historically, I haven't used a scale in a constructive, helpful way. So it is best I weigh myself in a neutral location -- weekly.

May I lose 100s of pounds with you all --- can we be quadruplets, quintuplets, sextuplets, septuplets?