Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When I was at my heaviest I used to say . . .

That there were 2 maybe 3 skinny people inside of me just screamin' to get out. Now I'm down to 1 1/4!

LOL :lol:

Hmm...

I used to say, "I'm going on a diet starting (Monday, New Year's Day, whatever day)... I'm really gonna do it this time"

Now, I really DID it this time!!! :D

.....we weren't made to have it all. I already have brains, bronze, boobs, and beauty.

Now I'm going for the 10 and I deserve to have it all. We all deserve to have it all!!!

...its because I broke my leg, its because my thryroid is messed up, excuses, excuses. No more excuses! I take responsibilty for my actions and am making changes to my eating to get to the new me.

I have a picture of me and my neice at her baby shower comparing bellies...mine was bigger.

I'll get back to my skinny self. You'll see!! I always said that to my mom and dad and even my husband but it never happened!! Now that I'm sleeved, I dont have to say that! I'll just show them!!!

Good topic... I used to put everything off ... I'll go training when I am x stone/pounds ... I will look good when I am x stone/pounds... lot of things that I put off; basically my life was on hold whilst the fat consumed me and my whole self!! Oh what a complete waste of years and energy... now, I just do it!!

I used say over and over many things, but they all sounded like Annie..."tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow" because I was going to beat my desire to eat everything in site, tomorrow. I was going to have control over me, tomorrow. I was going to be better for myself, tomorrow. I was not going to fail this time, starting tomorrow I was going to buy that diet plan, excercise equipment to help me lose weight, tomorrow.

Thank you for this thread. Now I say... I love my sleeve! and No regrets!

i was like iegal, i used to say sooooo many things but tomorrow never came for me. . . until December 29th, 2009. . . . then it finally came. . . now i've lost all my weight minus about 20 lbs and i don't have that much loose skin (not enough for surgery anyhow) no wrinkles (and at 50 that is a plus) no problems at all. . . but now i wish i didn't have the sleeve. The sliming has gotten the best of me after almost 2 years. . . it's really sickening. . . can't even eat 1 egg without the slimies starting never mind a nice meal out. . . . . . ugh I know i'm only having a pitty party with myself and i should just get over it, but i'm allowed as a person. . . . thanks for listening. . . :huh:

I'm big because my hubby is a chbby chaser (he loves BBW but I was big WAAAYYYY before I met him).

I tell people I have a lot of muscle underneath all this fat. I just need to exercise a little!

Coops and iegal, you both said it so well! I often found myself feeling like I was stuck in inertia, and if I could just get started... tomorrow... things would be better. :-)

One thing that I thought but didn't say was how free I would feel to be rid of all my fat, and even though I have a ways to go, that seems to be sooooo true. I feel so much better and so much more free!!! I <3 my sleeve!

I'd always bail on plans with friends, saying I was tired or busy--when really I was just avoiding being uncomfortable (particularly in theater seats and little wooden restaurant chairs that felt like they would collapse under me).

My favorite line to myself, which I stole from a bumper sticker, was "Fat people are harder to kidnap." That one still makes me giggle.