Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pork rinds... Good or bad snack????

They are typically high in sodium, but I ate pooploads of them because of the lack of carbs, and I ate the baked ones to avoid the "fat" from fried ones.

I was not concerned about fat intake since I'm a firm believer we need some fat in our diets. I used them in all my recipes that called for breadcrumbs or other binders.

I never counted the Protein in them whole-heartedly, but they sure beat the heck out of carb-ridden chips/pretzels.

I eat them a lot too. I love that they are crispy like chips but without the carbs. They have lots of Protein, so I don't feel bad about eating them at all!

You can make them into a sweet snack as well by sprinkling some cinnamon and splenda mixed together over them like you would popcorn seasoning. Yum!

I used them in all my recipes that called for breadcrumbs or other binders.

huh. I never thought of that. I wonder what they're like in meatloaf. I can't wait to try!

huh. I never thought of that. I wonder what they're like in meatloaf. I can't wait to try!

In the recipe section here, I actually posted a pork rind meatloaf recipe. It was yummy, also I made salisbury steak with ground beef or ground turkey with Pork rinds as the binder, those were delicious.

I used the barbque flavor for the meatloaf once, and it add some flavor to the meat, and I like the hot and spicy ones for just a snack with chunk cheese.

Ok .. Just wandering.. Are Pork rinds ok to eat for a snack ?? My son keeps telling me how bad they are for me!!

They are great if you aren't watchinh your sodium, I love the BBQ ones but am def going o try the cinnamon ones!

Mmm, new munchie snack! Thank you ladies!

Okay I have never had Pork rinds in my life...what part of the pig are they exactly? Just curious...I've always steered clear because they just (to me!) sound gross. lol.

Okay I have never had Pork rinds in my life...what part of the pig are they exactly? Just curious...I've always steered clear because they just (to me!) sound gross. lol.

I think it's the skin--but I'm not 100% certain.

OOOhhhh, I love Pork rinds. My sister was actually munching on some earlier when I stopped by to see my neice. I can't wait to have some now that I know they aren't the worst for me. Still in mushie phase, blah. Great ideas btw with the meatloaf and dessert idea. You can add a little crunch to anything with some pork rinds, sweet.