Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not sure if it is or is not allowed but it is annoying to expect a helpful answer to a question and receive a "MY Dr. does this for me and he can for you too!" reply.

Chime in, I'm seriously interested to see if it's just me it annoys or if everyone else feels the same way.

Renee`

I'm not sure if it is or is not allowed but it is annoying to expect a helpful answer to a question and receive a "MY Dr. does this for me and he can for you too!" reply.

Chime in, I'm seriously interested to see if it's just me it annoys or if everyone else feels the same way.

Renee`

I have not noticed anyone saying that. But if I did I would let them speak their mind and then I would move on. I try not allow peoples odd/different behaviours to annoy me. I think life is too short to allow it so I just ignore and move on.

Not sure if this is what you were wanting as a answer.

LOL I want you to answer honestly, it's fine! I just think that here on a help forum, it's in bad taste to advertise. People come here to get help whether it's before, during or after the process of wls and not look at ads. I was being facetious with what I posted, I haven't seen it put quite that way either, but I know when I first joined and was in a bit of a lurker stage, there was a battle going on between some that were coordinators for competing Drs. It made me think twice.

You're absolutely right in that I can move on, I was just curious as to what others thought about it. ;)

Renee`

I come here to get peoples opinions, you will not find that by just googling various doctors out there. Here is a place of wealth of information, you have to decide for yourself if you believe what everyone is saying.

I like to hear about folks experiences with their doctors as it helps form my own decisions.

Guess you could say I'm an old timer on this board. Was one of the first few people here. Many people are excited after they have finally gotten their surgery and "made it through". It is human nature and verified by the many post op postings on this forum throughout the years that people are excited and glad their surgery is finally "over". The biggest majority come on and post of their remarkable experience with "their" surgeon. This happens no matter who the surgeon is. We are all "in love" with our surgeon and want to spread the good word.

That being said..... I think it is any ones right to come here and post of their experience without being accused of being a shrill for their surgeon or a "paid troll". It is part of the process. Why would it be any ones right to take this part of the process and turn it into accusations of being a paid shrill/troll? I am sure you too will want to get on here and shout to the world that you have accomplished a life changing goal. Hope no one accuses you of being a troll.

Good luck and best wishes on your upcoming surgery.

A lot of people come here looking for the same answers we all had questions to when we first started looking into this type of surgery. And who wasn't scared or second guessing themselves in the beginning? I have personally recommend a coordinater because I thought she was wonderful, her spacious home beautiful, and her onstaff nurse/housekeeper who was so helpful and couldn't do enough for you, so I wanted to let other people know how at ease and safe she made me feel. Also, I had the surgery in Tijuana Mexico, which is also something many people (including myself at first) was very afraid of. So a lot of us post about how that made us feel and how safe the hospital was and how much we would recommend the doctor. That is a big part of this forum, I know I read a lot about all of the above as much as I could before I made my decision, and it is your decision. All we can do is offer our experiences. Hope this helps somewhat, and best of luck in your journey Banane23.gifBanane53.gif