Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little discouraged

I just talked to the first woman I have met to have lost te same amount as I need to lose and she tells me she HATES the way she looks. Now I am not having surgery for my looks...but I don't want to feel WORSE about my body than I did before! :o I want to hear from someone who has lost over 200 pounds and is happy with how they look....I know there must be some!....Hopefully?!

here is a small list of things I want to lose weight for:

My "New Life" List

1. Go to the fair and ride all the rides

2. Shop at Victoria Secret

3. Go to a major theme park

4. Be able to shop at any store

5. Have someone ask me for diet advice

6. Wear boots that go up the calf

7. Dance without feeling self conscious

8. Ride a horse

9. fit easily into a plan seat

10. Shop at a 2nd hand store

11. Swim in a bathing suit

12.Have professional Pictures taken

13. Be excited to go shopping

14. Ride a bike

15. go hiking

16. run

17. Go on a Cruise

18. Wear my 1st pair of high heels

19. Roller Skate

20. Own a Lawn Chair

21. PLAY WITH MY KIDS

I think it's important to realize that losing 200 is not the same as someone who never had that weight. I mean I know we all know that, but knowing and seeing it on yourself is difficult. I also think some people are never happy. Haven't you ever met that beautiful person who was so quick to point out their own flaws. Besides, if you really want, you could always have a nip and tuck.

Personally, I am still far from skinny, but I definitely like how I look in clothes again. As for without, well it could be worse. My grandma used to walk from her room to the shower and back naked and at least I don't look like that...yet. :P

I just talked to the first woman I have met to have lost te same amount as I need to lose and she tells me she HATES the way she looks. Now I am not having surgery for my looks...but I don't want to feel WORSE about my body than I did before! :o I want to hear from someone who has lost over 200 pounds and is happy with how they look....I know there must be some!....Hopefully?!

My "New Life" List

8. Ride a horse

14. Ride a bike

15. go hiking

16. run

17. Go on a Cruise

19. Roller Skate

20. Own a Lawn Chair

21. PLAY WITH MY KIDS

My "New Life" List

8. Ride a horse

14. Ride a bike

15. go hiking

16. run

17. Go on a Cruise

19. Roller Skate

20. Own a Lawn Chair

21. PLAY WITH MY KIDS

Hi, I haven't had to loose over 200lbs but have lost 150 lbs with about 20 or so more to go. But let me tell you something, for me it was not the way i looked it was more the way i feel and how people see me. I wanted so badly to be able to actually fit into a plane sit and be able to buckle that seatbelt comfortably without always being embarrassed. Those things that you want are so attainable, but along with this surgery comes some downs too. . . loose skin, more wrinkles etc. . . you have to choose what is important to you at this time. loose the weight or look nice (if you have the money, plastics can help alot too) I have been extremely fortunate and I thank God and my genetics everyday. I did not get too much loose skin, no turkey neck, no wrinkles, no baldness (however I did loose a lot of hair) . the only thing i have really bad is cellulite on my legs, but i don't care, I lost weight and i fit into the plane seat with 8in to spare after i buckle up. . and on June 18th I am taking my daughter horse back riding for her 21st birthday. This is the first time for me in many years! I'll probably cry when i get up there! But nonetheless, I would rather give up on looks then be morbidly obese for the rest of my life.

I can promise you that you will be able to do every single thing on your list -- some of them probably even sooner than you expect. :D

Sure, losing 200 lbs. will leave any person with some loose skin -- but did that lady really think she looked better more than 200 lbs. overweight??

I can promise you there is no way you will feel worse after losing 200 lbs. Trust me!! I am not sure what was going on with the woman you spoke to but I am pretty sure she must have been dealing with emotional issues due to the weight loss. Your health matters. Getting off 200 lbs will completely change your life. Getting off 10 pounds will change your life!! Every single pound will make an infinite difference to your health, heart, knees, back etc. Your life will change. Don't let negativity get in your way. If you're worried about loose skin then there is surgery for that too but not everyone has it. You look pretty young . There is a good chance you wouldn't deal with it but I can guarantee you that you'd rather have some loose skin to deal with than a heart attack or stroke which is where we're all heading with this weight on us.