Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5/9 sleevers report!

I just got back from the hospital and it was fantastic! The hospital was fantastic (sky ridge medical center in lone tree, CO) the doctors were fantastic the nurses were FANTASTIC! I'm having no problems getting liquids down and there isn't much pain. I feel like I've gotten through the easy part and it'll get harder before it gets better.

But for now, I'm feeling alright!

Where's the rest of the 5/9 sleevers? How you doin?

glad you had a wonderful experience. I am still at the hospital and doing great! Miss my babies at home and ready for some flavor in my mouth.lol but i was sooo thankful to have ice chips today. WOW you went home soon. i am staying here until thursday. not in to much pain. just a little gas pain and a little sore in my tummy...kinda like i did tons and tons of crunches.

so glad that you two are doing well and have had no setbacks! Each day forward and another step toward a healthy life!

Renee`

glad you had a wonderful experience. I am still at the hospital and doing great! Miss my babies at home and ready for some flavor in my mouth.lol but i was sooo thankful to have ice chips today. WOW you went home soon. i am staying here until thursday. not in to much pain. just a little gas pain and a little sore in my tummy...kinda like i did tons and tons of crunches.

Yah my surgeon only required an overnight stay. I discovered the key to getting liquids in is to force yourself to burp after every sip. (luckily I have two younger brothers and beating them at belching was a childhood pastime of mine.). They also gave me some kind of steroid before surgery to reduce inflammation and a patch behind my ear to fight nausea (though it gives me a horrible dry mouth which just makes me want to drink more which is good).

It was a very impressive outfit and my surgeon ( dr. Frank chae) has these surgeries down pat! No two week liquid pre-op ( he said he used to do them but stopped 10 years ago because it didn't produce a better outcome and just tortured the patient). I didn't even need a barium swallow. Just in and done and done well.

Glad to hear yall are doing so well!

Well I come home yesterday, and I hurt like hell!!! I am so glad most of you are doing great, but damn, the pain is just awful - maybe I am a wuss when it comes to pain, but it still hurts - hopeing tomorrow is a better day

Glad you all are doing so well

Hey all,

I was sleeved on the 9th, got home from the hospital yesterday. I was lucky to have little to no nausea, and more aches than actual pain. A couple of things that are worrying/bothering me that I wanted to run by you:

1. slight incision bleeding - I had the super 2 incision, mostly through the belly button surgery. I have very little or no pain in my stomach, but I have some periodic, slight bleeding from my bellybutton, usually in the evening. I had this in the hospital, and it has continued after release; it is getting less each day; today, I would guess it was about 5 drops of blood; yesterday was probably a teaspoon full, Tuesday soaked the gauze.... Has anyone else had this? Should I be worried (I will call the DR tomorrow anyway).

2. Nightmares - I have now had 3 really impressive ones; it's actually why I'm awake at 12:20 at night; the last one left me not wanting to go to sleep; anyone else with sleep probs?

I realize that as complaints from a major surgery, these are pretty minor. I am happy to say that I am keeping fluids down with no problem (just sipping slow and burping), and have handled some cream of wheat, apple-sauce and sweet potatos (My Dr is a start mushies while still in the hospital kind of guy). But, I have felt hardly any hunger, and what I had looked nothing like the old hunger, which was cool.

Has anyone been brave enough to step on the scale yet? (My best friend told me that each of those IV bags gives 3 lbs of Water weight, so I am holding off!)

Hi there, Glad everything is going well for you, I would call your DR just to make sure that the bleeding is nothing to be worried about.

I havent had any nightmares, that would really suck to jolt awake from something scary when your stomach has been cut on... ouch!!!

I am doing better, still having quite a bit of pain in my main incision, but I do think its getting better every day. I do however have this pain in my stomach periodically where its like the stomach spasams, and it will travel halfway up my chest, then diminish and go away - its mostly when the pain meds have worn off -

Hey all,

I was sleeved on the 9th, got home from the hospital yesterday. I was lucky to have little to no nausea, and more aches than actual pain. A couple of things that are worrying/bothering me that I wanted to run by you:

1. slight incision bleeding - I had the super 2 incision, mostly through the belly button surgery. I have very little or no pain in my stomach, but I have some periodic, slight bleeding from my bellybutton, usually in the evening. I had this in the hospital, and it has continued after release; it is getting less each day; today, I would guess it was about 5 drops of blood; yesterday was probably a teaspoon full, Tuesday soaked the gauze.... Has anyone else had this? Should I be worried (I will call the DR tomorrow anyway).

2. Nightmares - I have now had 3 really impressive ones; it's actually why I'm awake at 12:20 at night; the last one left me not wanting to go to sleep; anyone else with sleep probs?

I realize that as complaints from a major surgery, these are pretty minor. I am happy to say that I am keeping fluids down with no problem (just sipping slow and burping), and have handled some cream of wheat, apple-sauce and sweet potatos (My Dr is a start mushies while still in the hospital kind of guy). But, I have felt hardly any hunger, and what I had looked nothing like the old hunger, which was cool.

Has anyone been brave enough to step on the scale yet? (My best friend told me that each of those IV bags gives 3 lbs of Water weight, so I am holding off!)

I am glad to hear everyone is doing good other than a few obstacles.

My main issue I am having today is the pain by my main incision. It hurts to take deep breaths, yawn, sit or stand up. I was trying to get off the pain meds, but feel I still need them. Could this be something that I pulled?

Don't get on the scale, I made that mistake and was shocked because of the IV fluids I had built up at the hospital. I will wait to weigh at the doctor's office on Tuesday :)

Melinda

timestamp='1305296449' post='149933']

Hi there, Glad everything is going well for you, I would call your DR just to make sure that the bleeding is nothing to be worried about.

I havent had any nightmares, that would really suck to jolt awake from something scary when your stomach has been cut on... ouch!!!

I am doing better, still having quite a bit of pain in my main incision, but I do think its getting better every day. I do however have this pain in my stomach periodically where its like the stomach spasams, and it will travel halfway up my chest, then diminish and go away - its mostly when the pain meds have worn off -