Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bye-bye Star!

Kathy, I totally agree with you. I have been banded since December 12, 2005 and I can count the number of people who have been told (other than lapband and other boards). I really can't figure it out, why I haven't told more people. I just haven't. Somehow it really does seem very personal. I can't imagine what it must be like for a person to be in the limelight and have to tell. Criticisim, haters, gossip would be too overwhelming for me. Perhaps this is why I haven't discussed my decision with many people, my mother included.

BTW I am not a fan of Star Jones. I have watched the view on several occassions and enjoyed but not a real fan of anyone. I do believe Star shot herself in the foot when she refused to discuss the procedure, had a wedding befitting a queen and more importantly her dress and make up both on and off of the show. At the Daytime Emmy Awards she looked like a professional working woman (actually not as good...and I am not talking about the professional working women who pay taxes on thier income), on one of the shows (The View) she came out in a black after five sort of dress while everyone else had on daytime attire. She really turned me off by her dress. Somehow she thought she was J. Lo or Beonce, Brittany. She is far too old to wear some of the outfits she selected.

DonnaB agree with you as well.

I support her in her decision to disclose she was not returning on Tuesday. The network wanted her to wait until Thursday so they could avoid the media. This way everyone would have returned from teh long holiday and forgotten about the whole thing.

Any woman who pretends to want to help so many women like she claims to do on the View but yet still refuses to answer the question on how she lost her weight is a hypocrite in my book! By Bye Star is right!

I agree with many of you that Star should have just come out and said something about it, it does seem as if she was being dishonest with the public and while I can respect that it is a personal journey, I think she really could have helped a lot of people...I mean, she had no problem taking everyone on her excruciating to watch journey of her damn wedding! :blah:

If they were going to get rid of anyone it should have been Joy Behar! She is so mean and bitter towards other women. I think she is jealous and rude and I can barely even watch because of her. I can't stand people who have to put other people down to make themselves feel better. Why do ya'll think Star had GB and not the band? Just curious!

I truly find it so amazing how everyone is thinking. I only hope when I meet goal everyone is not saying I look like a frog. Hey we all have walked in these shoes and I find it so funny that people don't look and say, I only hope I can do as well. Everyone goes on and on about how wonderful (me too) oprha looks but they are so hard on star. Think if when you lose all your weight are people going to be saying the same things about you. That your head is to large, that you should have told people about how you lost your weight like it is anyones business. Walk a mile in my shoes I am always so happy when someone does well with weight loss because I know how hard it is, and everyone here knows too, or they would not be here. Now ask me if I'm a Star Jones fan I'm not either way, ask me if I'm happy about her weight loss, you bet. Am I a View fan was until they said Rosie was the replacement for Meredith. Merdith had class! When you get Rosie and Joy together it will get really mean they will try to out do each other and the mean remarks will fly. I stopped watching at the time they named Rosie and knew Star was gone the day Barbara said she was happy to say Rosie was coming on turned the channel at that point. That's it just can't beleive that people that work so hard on losing there weight would be so hard on someone that has done what they are working so hard to do themselves. That's it. Hope no one is angry

Well said, JucyC!

My dislike of Star has nothing to do with her weight loss. I have not told anyone but my family and respect her decision not to talk about it in the media. She didn't sign on to be anyone's weight loss pied piper or advocate.

But then again, she DID write a book about how to get your life together and it did talk about weight loss didn't it? If your going to mentor people in weight loss issues, and enough to write it in a book, then yes, you've chosen to put yourself out there and yes, speak the whole truth then. I refuse to give her my "little people's" dollar by buying her book, but if so, methinks I smell a hypocrite.

No, my dislike comes from hearing about, and knowing of many people both in the industry and the "simple man" treated badly by her. Quite simply, she is not a nice person.

So, what I would say to any mean person....

buh-bye and let the door hit you on the way out!

If they were going to get rid of anyone it should have been Joy Behar! She is so mean and bitter towards other women. I think she is jealous and rude and I can barely even watch because of her. I can't stand people who have to put other people down to make themselves feel better. Why do ya'll think Star had GB and not the band? Just curious!

This is true. I've heard of women being at parties with her and of Joy being very catty. She doesn't seem like a nice woman either.

In fact, most of the women who have left or been fired from the show eventually talk about how unkind the women on the show were to them. Which is part of the reason i don't watch the show. I won't give themthe ratings. Plus, sitting around listening to the cackling of these hens and their opinions on things would drive me up the wall.

Women are hard on each other aren't they??

Bottom line: Mean people suck.

Women are hard on each other aren't they??

Bottom line: Mean people suck.

You got it!!! That's why I don't have very many female friends. The ones I do have are awesome women and very confident. I got sick of having female friends who were backstabbers and gossip queens. Most of the women on my mom's side of the family are like that. I'd rather be friends with a man! hahaha. They don't gab about who's screwing who and who's getting fat! Well... unless it involves hunting or football! hahaha. My husband had a hard time when we first met and he realized I had so many guy friends. Women really are hard on each other!

Why is everyone so damn concerned with this? Who gives a damn what she does? We need threads discussing someones career choices, especially someone we don't even know.

I think it is extremely childish of people to judge the woman based on what the media says. NOBODY knows her personally, and NOBODY knows what happens behind closed doors.

If I was constantly drilled about losing weight, I'd have a damn chip on my shoulder too. Her private life is just that, private. She doesn't owe it to anyone to explain how she lost weight, just like I never will go public with my choice.

Being a celebrity is hard work and all the money in the world can't buy you respect. The media can ruin you with one photo or rumor, can ruin your family, career, whole life. Why do you think it is that so many celebrities hide away in fancy high security hotels or start using drugs and alcohol. Because people are so f-ing fascinated with the stars that papparazzi and magazines will do anything to get a sale.

Leave her alone, you DO NOT know her, so why badmouth her?

Walk a mile in her shoes before you make a judgement.