Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 days post up! Hungry as heck!

Ahhh.thank you..3 more days to go on this liquid stage...I think everyone is right about the acid build up rather than hunger feeling..I slowed down on the Soups yesterday and didn't hear the gurggles as much. Makes sense. Thanks!!!

All this will be just HISTORY! but this time not repeating itself. TRUST ME! u will feel a lot better when u move to soft food. I promise.

As said above check with ur doctor about the acid blockers tablets and take them, make sure ur stomach is acting this way for the right reasons.. may be u are drinking something that irritates it. Spices were my major problem. try blending milk with yogurt and enjoying it.. the liquid stage sucks noo question. but it will pass and U WILL FEEL restriction and not only that u will feel SOOOOO SATISFIED:)

congrats on ur journey so far:)

I too was hungry right after surgery, by the 10th day I bought a package of the premade mashed potatoes, and started eating about a tablespoon or two of them, mixed with chicken broth to thin them out and flavor them. They were delicious and satisfying. I also started adding a tablespoon to my Tomato Soup. A lot of people will tell you thats it's too soon to eat them, but only you know your body and what it can and cannot handle. Mashed potatoes mixed with broth are not going to rip out any stitches, so it's a matter of digestion. Try it slowly and see if your able to handle it. Good luck.

Wow....i just started my full liquid stage and made mushroom Soup with a full can of milk, blended it up real good and am slowly eating it now. OMG, I remember why this has been my favorite Campbell's soup!!!! Its so delicious!! I weighed out 3oz, let's see exactly how much I can actually eat. So much happier now. Got really sick of Isopure!!!

BTW, I only weigh myself once or twice a week and am down a full 20lbs!!!!! 2wks since surgery and am down 20lbs!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!! I LOVE MY SLEEVE

I am 10 days post op and feeling very normal. I have some discomfort but no pain. I am able to get all my liquids in plus some. I am tired of Soups and yogurts. I had 1/4 cup ricotta and I told the doctor. He advised me not to do that again because it is too soon. I am hungry. My stomach will not stop growling. I asked the doc if this really worked b/c I thought the grelin hormone (hunger producing hormone was removed) What the heck?? I can get down 6 oz of Soup and then I am literally hungry an hour later. Does anyone else feel this way? The doc says that I once I am able to eat sold foods I will have alot more restriction...is this true? All I know is that I am dreaming of scrammbled eggs!! HA! I had some Tomato Soup today with a dab of fat free cheddar melted in--that was good. But an hour later and I am hungry again!!! Any advice?? Thanks all!:rolleyes:

By the way, I am not complaining I lost 26 pounds as of today (this includes the pre op liquid diet.) I have lost 6 since surgery alone, just a bit frustrated from not being able to eat and being hungry. ugh!!:blink:

Every Doc is different, I was on mushies by day 8. Go figure...they should all get together on the diets. Try adding some unflav Protein in to the soups. i've read where taking a PPi will stop the false hunger you feel, also it does take awhile for the g-hormone to get out of your system. Good Luck :)

Wow I feel the same way I can get down a lot of liquids as well I was second guessing my sleeve to ., I made me some egg salad and and took three 3table spoons and was full I'm 12 days post op and still thinking this isn't going to work ...I guess I'm scared of all my past diet failures

CWalker, thanks. Whats a PPi?

Every Doc is different, I was on mushies by day 8. Go figure...they should all get together on the diets. Try adding some unflav Protein in to the Soups. i've read where taking a PPi will stop the false hunger you feel, also it does take awhile for the g-hormone to get out of your system. Good Luck :)

I am so glad someone posted something about this. I am 5 days post op myself and have the same rumbling feelings. It feels like before, when I was hungry how my stomach would growl. So I have felt or my mind has been telling me that I must be hungry. That is the awful feeling I have had since I got out of the hospital the feeling of hunger. I am currently on an acid reducer the doctor prescribe, but I will try a gas-x again and see if that relieves this odd feeling I've been having. Just glad to know I'm not alone.