Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Leslie from Cincinnati. I am getting sleeved on July 12! I am soooo excited and nervous. My surgeon is Dr. Curry.

Blessings,

Leslie

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Leslie from Cincinnati. I am getting sleeved on July 12! I am soooo excited and nervous. My surgeon is Dr. Curry.

Blessings,

Leslie

Hi Leslie, I'm Dawn from Columbus, OH (right up the road). I too am getting sleaved in July on the 5th! I can't wait. Was hoping for a May or June date, but ended up with July. I will be sleaved by Dr. Price at Mt. Carmel.

Dawn

Hi Leslie! My name is Tracey and I just received my surgery date today. I will be sleeved on July 27th and I am so excited!!! My surgeon is Dr. Yadegar in Lancaster California.

Hi Ladies:

I am very nervous but looking fwd to it.. July 27th is the date!!

Let me know if you have any product information i should know about for the Protein, supplements... etc.

Thanks and Best of Luck!

Ruby

Hi Leslie, I'm Dawn from Columbus, OH (right up the road). I too am getting sleaved in July on the 5th! I can't wait. Was hoping for a May or June date, but ended up with July. I will be sleaved by Dr. Price at Mt. Carmel.

Dawn

Hey I grew up in Cincinnati!. Kind of miss it. Hopefully I will get my sleeve in July. I am trying to jump through the Aetna hoops adn hopefully the Dr. Office will get my paper work in and Aetna will approve. I teach and have to go back to school late August. I wanted to have my some of the adjustment to the new way of eating out of the way by then.

Hi my name is Jackie and I am getting sleeved July 25th with Dr. Yadegar in Palmdale Ca.

Hello to everyone!! Sorry, I kinda forgot to recheck my post! I am glad that there are a few of us scheduled for July already! It seems far away and very close at the same time. July was the only month that worked for me. I ama student midwife and I have pregnant mamas due every month but July!

What kinds of pre-op diets are you doing??

Hi everyone!

I'm Amy and I am a former Lapbander that will be sleeved on July 11th by Dr. Mueller in San Diego. I have kind of a unique story, but I hope my experience being a bariatric patient for the 3.5 years will help all of us with our journey to becoming sleeved.

I was banded in Feb 2008 and lost 70 pounds. I did very well that first and half until my band slipped in August 2009. I got a band replacement and through the grace of God got pregnant in November 2009. (DH and tried for over 8 years and never thought it would happen) I had a fabulous pregnancy up until 37 weeks when I suddenly got VERY sick. My band had slipped again and this time it was completely obstructing my stomach. I ended up having a c-section at 38 weeks and unfortunately had to be under general anesthesia because they removed my lapband at the same time. It was very traumatic and upsetting to not be awake for the birth of my son, but there were not any other options. Fortunately, he was born beautiful and healthy. I remained in the hospital for 6 days because I was still super sick from the stomach obstruction. Since losing my band in August, I have gained back 40 pounds. I knew there was no way in hell I was going to get another band, but I have definitely missed the restrictive componenet and healthy lifestyle I had with the band. I was sooo fortunate that my surgeon went to bat for me and petitioned my insurance to do a revision to a sleeve. I'm very excited. So, I've done it all! This will be my 3rd time dealing with the strict post op diet, so I hope i can lend support to all of you and perhaps answer questions as we get closer to our surgery dates! Look forward to getting to know all of you! :)

Hello everyone! ! I'm scheduled to be sleeved on July 5th!!! :D OMG.. I can't wait, June will be the longest month in recorded history, I swear! I'm having the surgery done at Oakwood Hospital in Dearborn, MI, by Dr. Bacal. He seems really nice and his office staff ROCK! They are VERY personable and easy to get along with. They also don't seem to mind my obsessing and phone calls, so that's AWESOME!:rolleyes:

I had to go in this am to have an EGD done, where they scoped my esophagus and my stomach.. well, it went really well. The good doctor said my esophagus was slightly red and irritated, so he switched my prilosec to protonix...Of course, I took the new prescription to the pharmacy only to find out, it's not covered by my Rx plan (only Prilosec is, which I'm currently on) unless I can get the doctor to fax a letter to them, petitioning them to cover it.....More and more hoops, I swear there will always be hoops to jump through!

Anyway, I'm so excited to get to know you all... it seems I already share the date with a couple ladies already!B)

Welcome :)

I have been penciled into Dr. Terracina's schedule for July 27th... Seems quite a few of us are getting sleeved the 27th... there is a slight possibility that I will get moved up if my insurance does not take a long time to approve. Hoping all of us do well. After hearing the band story... I am glad I did not choose to go that route. The sleeve seems the best option.

Khy

Hello Everyone, Im getting my sleeve on July 13th by Dr. Marshall in Peoria, IL. Im very excited to be finally doing this! I have been trying to get it done since last August. Between insurance and switching doctors, it has been a long journey! I can't wait until July. Im so very excited!!! I can not wait to start my new life. I want to have more energy to play with my children and get more things done! I look forward to completing this journey with all of you!

Good Luck Everyone and nice to meet u!

Nicole

Yay!! I am glad there are quite a few of us getting sleeved in July!!

Hi Everyone,

I also got my surgery date given to me today. I am scheduled for July12. It sounds like we are all going to be very busy. Glad to have people to talk to during this journey.

Good luck to ALL