Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Star Jones....leaving "the view"

I think it is really sad how they say her ratings have dropped since her weight loss and wedding. And it is horrible how everyone is upset that she will not come out and say how she lost weight. Who cares. For some people it is a personal choice and its awful that people have come down so hard on her for that I have also seen her posing a lot for pictures and she should she has lost a lot of weight and is feeling good about herself. Good for her. I dont watch the show much but I can say Merradeth was my favorite and Rosie is so annoying. I wont be watching it any more. Thats just my opinion.

I am not sorry to see Star go but Elizabeth would have been my first choice to see gone. I heard a rumor on the radio that Star's replacement might be Oprah's friend, Gale.

I don't watch The View, and haven't for years now...I have kept up with Star a little, just due to the weight loss aspect, and I don't really like the way she looks all that much, but I don't have to live with it, so who cares what I think?

Honestly, I just have pretty much lost patience with most celebrities, in a general way....if you have a contract that you have signed, stating you will not discuss something, you should stick to your contract. Someone who is knowledgeable about the law should understand that.

My problem with the whole thing is that she WROTE a book and it was supposed to be a tell all about her weight loss. How many women bought that book hoping that this would be their saving grace? The chance for them to also lose weight and look as thin as Star? I know I tried Oprahs diet and failed, how many women were decieved by the ads for the book as a tell all? If she had surgery I respect her privacy but don't try to sell a book that is a "tell all" that really tells nothing. ~Mandy

i have to say there were days that star got on my nerves but i find joy to be a mean spirit,elizabeth so repulican she can't see any other side, barbara just here and there, meredith was the glue that kept the show going. When they said rosie was to replace meredith i knew star was gone then because of all the mean things rosie said, and she already knew she was going to be meredith's replacement. I stoped watching the show at that point knew it was not going to be the same and would not be something i would enjoy any longer. Please don't misunderstand not anything to do with starr just more to do with rosie being the type of person i don't care for and it has nothing to do with her life style not a thing. Just think she is mean spirit like joy and think when you get the two of them together trying to out do each other in the joke area it could get very nasty.

Star is so fake! She probably parties so much because her husband is out with his boyfriend!

I am not sorry to see Star go but Elizabeth would have been my first choice to see gone. I heard a rumor on the radio that Star's replacement might be Oprah's friend, Gale.

I'd love to see Gale. She's awesome. Down to earth, in your face. Not pretentious in the least.

I also agree about Elizabeth. I think the benefit to the View was that they did have differing opinions, and it's nice to get a wide range. But Elizabeth....she has no opinion. Just a closed mind. Just my two cents.

Ditto..........don't like her, she is arrogant and she may have been better off spending her money on therapy/social skills training instead of weight loss...........okay, maybe both, she sure could afford it. I still think she isn't very "easy on the eyes"...........the surgery did nothing for that big ass head of hers.

Star Jones was on Larry King for the whole hour tonight. He had talked to Barbara Walters and had statements from ABC.

Star said that in her book she says that she had a medical intervention by her doctors, because of several conditions that were getting life-threatening. Though she never used the term "gastric bypass" or another form of WLS, she says that "surgery" is understood. She just wanted her privacy in the matter. AND she thinks it was a mistake not being more open about the weight loss surgery.

ABC said they told Bill (show producer) and Barbara Walters in November 2005, that they wanted Star to go ASAP. Barbara got them to hold off, because it was the holiday season, and Star had a book coming out. Finally, in April, Barbara and Bill agreed that it was time. But Star learned the news that she was being dropped from her agent...not Bill or Barbara.

The wedding situation was a little unclear. She had sponsors, but she said the View had her doing wedding segments. ABC was upset that she gave exclusive rights to the wedding photos to People and did not allow the View to show wedding photos. Star said that People didn't pay for the pictures.(..that doesn't ring true.) She did not explain why the photos were not shown on the View.

She says she loves the ladies and feels that they are still her friends. However, Barbara told Larry that her own relationship with Star is torn beyond repair. (Honey, that bridge is burned).

Star says she has a TV project in the works, but didn't describe it.

I do believe that ended her 15 minutes this week.

The day Star announced her leaving on the show, it came as a suprise to everyone, she wasn't suppose to say it on air until later and they were going to allow her to mention what she planned on doing next and what not, to let her leave with dignity. But becaue of the way she handled it, she was gone the next day. She had said she would be staying until mid-late July when she announced she was leaving.

I'm actually going to start watching it...I wasn't a regular before now. But I do like Rosie and will love seeing how she will act on this show. I'd love to see Gayle on there also, she's great when she does things on Oprahs show for her.

I'm with you JucyC. The diversity of the show was what made it entertaining. It was great for a while--but the show had grown predictable. Rosie will definitely be something to watch for a while, but she's seems angry all the time. I didn't get to this size without issues. I need positive feedback. LOTS OF IT!!!

Hey! I GET IT FROM YOU GUYS!!! A big THANK YOU to everyone who takes the time to share.

Sandra

:)

I saw Star Jones tonight on Larry King Live. She was very intelligent, very quick, never at a loss for words and was very adamant that she felt she needed "medical intervention" to live. She also made it very clear that her WLS is her private business and the other women respected her privacty.

She let it be known that Barbara Walters knew about her leaving the show back in April, as Barbara was told by NBC Producers to give Star her resignation. It was pretty interesting and though she's done and been through quite a bit since her marriage, writing her book and her WLS, I for one believe that she should continue to lead her own life. She's a celebrity who didn't wish to openly talk about her WLS.

Larry made it a big deal that Star received quite alot of freebies for her wedding, (just like J.Lo and many other stars). So what???

Just b/c she's a celebrity doesn't mean she has to publically announce her WLS to the world. There is such a thing as Patient Privacy. According to "People" magazine, she lost her credibility and tainted the VIEW because:

1. She did not openly announce her WLS

2. She got too many freebies for her wedding

3. She sold her wedding pictures and the VIEW did not have the rights to them (which they were upset about)

4. She wrote a book and the VIEW did not condone it

How ludicrous. I feel for her but I also know that it's a cut throat world. At least she's a lawyer and has that under her belt to continue on. Though she's not my favorite person in the world, she's a tough one and I admire that.

Telly, I just wrote a huge post and boom, you posted it first. LOL Good job writing it.

Anyway, I have to say that I am not a huge fan of Star Jones.. BUT she did a great job tonight on Larry King. She still didn't come right out and say she had WLS. but, she did basically say DUHHHH how do you think I lost this amount of weight, so quickly. She called it a medical intervention. Like I said, I really don't care for her but she has a right to not say a word. I don't plan on telling anyone, besides my husband, that I'm getting the band. SO that means I need to lie about how I'm losing weight.. You guys won't hate me will ya (jk). I know some will say well she's a public figure and she sold a book and so on. But from what I understand.. Star stated in her book as well, that there was a medical intervention needed, in order for her to lose weight, to save her life. She held herself pretty good on Larry and she told it as it is.

OH well, we can beat this like a dead horse:deadhorse: . We all have our opinions and we're all entitled to them. I guess the way I look at it is.. you never know until you walk a mile in someone else's shoes. If I was a celebrity, I think I wouldn't share my WLS with the world either.

my opinion on it is if you don't want people questioning your lifestyle or your choices or anything else ... DON'T BE A CELEB!!! You get Brittany and Star, etc. carrying on about how their lives are private and nobodies business. Putting it out there is what keeps their bank accounts fat.

If you don't want american to know your business then get off the damn TV, etc.