Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lobster Bisque.... YUMMMM!!!!

I am 2 weeks post op today, and really starting to feel great. And the best part is I am down almost 20 pounds! I will be the first to admit I was having a really hard time the first 10 days until I figured I just needed to be creative to get through my full liquids diet. So I found Lobster Bisque Soup, 110 calories, 2 grams of fat and 8 grams of Protein. I mixed it up with some skim milk, blended it with my stick blender, put it through a strainer and it was awesome! I added some of the unflavored powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury too. Best lunch I have had in weeks. Thursday I did the same with a can of Healthy Choice Chili. Added a scoop of Greek Yogurt and it was so good! Now I know I will make it one more week on my liquids and finally be able to add some more things slowly to my diet. I am really starting to love my new sleeve!

try organic butternut squash creamy Soup in the box-AMAZING!!! I am 5 days post up and this is such a total treat!!! I will try the lobster bisque! Sounds yummo!

That does sound good! What kind of lobster bisque did you use...something you bought from the grocery story? I am theoretically on "soft" foods but I am really only having one meal with soft food a day and varying my diet between purees and soft.

It is Bookbinders Lobster Bisque that I actually found it at The Christmas Tree Shop. It was $2 for the can and worth every penny! I was a bit off on the nutritional info... 10.5 oz can has two servings. Just for the Soup it was 100 Cals, 4 grams of fat, 10 grams of carbs, 5 grams of Protein. Plus I mixed in 4 oz of skim milk (2 oz per serving) which adds another 20 calories, 3 grams of carbs and 2 grams of protein. A serving was 7 oz which was more than I can eat so it lasted me 3 meals. Not too shabby! :D

Man, I love Lobster Bisque!! that does sound so good

I am so jealous of those who get to have pureed Soups on their full liquid diets. My doctors idea of a full liquid diet is broth, Protein drink, milk and any drink less than 5 calories sad.gifbiggrin.gif but only 5 more days!!!

Bryn, you can do it. It may seem like it is taking forever, but it will be here soon enough and you can start getting really creative. The other night I made cheeseburger Soup that was really good. even my 9 year old liked it. Of course I didnt have to puree hers. lol Good luck!

Bryn, you can do it. It may seem like it is taking forever, but it will be here soon enough and you can start getting really creative. The other night I made cheeseburger Soup that was really good. even my 9 year old liked it. Of course I didnt have to puree hers. lol Good luck!

PLEASE, OH PLEASE, share your Cheeseburger soup recipe. I am assuming that is for the mushies stage and not full liquid stage. Today is my last liquid only stage, and I start full liquids for 10 days, yippee!!!!

PLEASE, OH PLEASE, share your Cheeseburger Soup recipe. I am assuming that is for the mushies stage and not full liquid stage. Today is my last liquid only stage, and I start full liquids for 10 days, yippee!!!!

Hi Husky,

I found the recipe on Eggface's blog. She has a LOT of awesome recipes. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ I actually pureed and strained some for the latter part of my full liquids phase and left some kinda chunky (and added back in the strained pieces) for my mushies stage. I modified the recipe to work with what I had on hand, since I dont keep beef in the house.

Shelly's Bacon Cheeseburger Soup

1 Sweet Maui, diced (I didnt put in because I dont like onions)

2 slices Bacon, diced (I used Turkey Bacon)

1/2 lb Ground Sirloin (I used Turkey)

1/4 cup Bruschetta Sauce (I used a half a can of canned tomatoes)

2 cups chicken broth ( I used beef)

1 (10 3/4 oz) can Cheddar cheese Soup

1 Tablespoon Steak Sauce (I added about 3 since I LOVE steak sauce)

1/4 head of Iceberg Lettuce (I didnt put in because I didnt know if my stomach could handle lettuce, even chopped up)

dash Seasoning Salt

a few twists of Black Pepper

Shredded Cheddar for topping (for the mushies stage)

Good luck! Hope you enjoy it. :)