Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is my big day

It has been an interesting journey leading up to this point. I am still hoping that my surgery won't be canceled. I am trying not to worry about it since there is nothing I can do to change whatever the outcome is at this point. I keep thinking I will wake up and find out that nothing was done.

I have lost about 17lbs on the pre-op diet but 13 of that was over 3 weeks ago, these last 3 weeks have been slow going. I have only lost an additional 4 lbs so I think the surgeon is not going to be happy at all.

I pray for a smooth journey tomorrow with no complications and that I can finally join the other side equipped with my sleeve. I keep trying not to think about it but I am so scared of leaving my husband and kids all alone if something goes wrong. I haven't been outwardly emotional about it until now i just kept pushing the thoughts out of my mind.

Trying to think Happy thoughts of riding roller coasters, horseback riding and dancing. Fitting in my husbands car properly and one day maybe being able to drive it (mini cooper), Sitting in an airplane, movie seats and a booth in a restaurant (always sit at a table) and fitting properly. Getting rid of my CPAP machine. Wearing jeans that actually button and zipper (no elastic waist), wearing cute tops that don't resemble a parachute. I could probably go on forever.

Please send Happy Thoughts my way!! smile.gif

Happy thoughts sent your way!!! As I scooted over from the gurney to the operating table, I was sure I would never wake up from anesthesia. And yet, here I am, lovin' my sleeve!!:lol:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words and I am sure I will be posting as soon as I can to let you know how it all went.

I am taking a notebook so I can write stuff down. It's been a long day today. I'm about to go take my shower and use the Hibiclens as requested by the hospital. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 am but not sure what time the actual procedure is taking place. I seem to remember my surgeon telling the coordinator to give me the first spot in the day. I know he will do his very best to make sure things are safe and go as planned. I was the first patient he called when he found out my insurance was now approving the sleeve.

Thinking positive thoughts...

Happy Thoughts, Happy Thoughts, Happy Thoughts! Praying for your success and a wonderful surgery!!! Let us know how things turn out!!!! :)

Love and light and healing to you! I will think about you tomorrow.

You too Kristy.

I will you to have effortless easy surgeries and quick healing!

Wishing you best of luck and a speedy recovery.

Good luck!!! My surgery is on the 13 and i'm really excited and also trying not to think about it...

It has been an interesting journey leading up to this point. I am still hoping that my surgery won't be canceled. I am trying not to worry about it since there is nothing I can do to change whatever the outcome is at this point. I keep thinking I will wake up and find out that nothing was done.

I have lost about 17lbs on the pre-op diet but 13 of that was over 3 weeks ago, these last 3 weeks have been slow going. I have only lost an additional 4 lbs so I think the surgeon is not going to be happy at all.

I pray for a smooth journey tomorrow with no complications and that I can finally join the other side equipped with my sleeve. I keep trying not to think about it but I am so scared of leaving my husband and kids all alone if something goes wrong. I haven't been outwardly emotional about it until now i just kept pushing the thoughts out of my mind.

Trying to think Happy thoughts of riding roller coasters, horseback riding and dancing. Fitting in my husbands car properly and one day maybe being able to drive it (mini cooper), Sitting in an airplane, movie seats and a booth in a restaurant (always sit at a table) and fitting properly. Getting rid of my CPAP machine. Wearing jeans that actually button and zipper (no elastic waist), wearing cute tops that don't resemble a parachute. I could probably go on forever.

Please send Happy Thoughts my way!! smile.gif