Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on April 8th and had complications

Thank you for your thoughts. Yes I'm sure I will love my sleeve one day. Right now it is hard to see past my picc line, tube, and discomfort. lol.

Things can always be worse, so I shouldn't complain. This forum has given me support and lots of info. I know it has helped me.

Cheers to you for running in the Komen 5k. Awesome and good luck !!!!!

Hi Jen, well I just read this entire thread, and not something I do normally. I'm so very glad to hear you are doing much better than you were a few weeks ago!! I pray you continue to get healthier and this scare can be behind you soon. I also pray that someday you can still come to truly love your sleeve, regardless of your setbacks.

You surely are a very strong lady!! Big hugs to you!!

Hopefully Tuesday I will find out if I can get rid of this TPN soon. This is such a drag. This 20lb. back pack sucks.

I will definately be celebrating when I get rid of this thing. Ugh

So glad you shared your story and I hope you are feeling better. I am so thankful you found a doctor. When my lapband fell apart and I was in serious pain, no one would even talk to me about a revision. They did not want to touch a shattered and slipped band from Mexico (I had my band in Mexico due to an insurance exclusion I used to have). Many offices basically hung up on me. Luckily, I finally found an amazing revision doctor that took me on. Take care of yourself and keep us posted!!!

sounds like u went through alot too. yes i was lucky to find my doc. i got a few bad replies from a few docs but kept goin till i found one. he is a good man. the only thing about mexico is follow up care and complications. no one here wants any part.

Wow! I get my test done on mOnday and my surgery on Friday In Tijuana O.o is it to much to ask his name? So glad to hear you are feeling better!!!!

I will let everyone know how I'm doing. I go for my tests again Tues. Just ready for this to be over. Thanks for checking on me.

Update us Jen Jen! How are you doing?

Renee` xoxo

Wow, that is quite a story and I'm so thankful that you are here (alive) to tell it. I'm sorry that things went wrong and you are so right when you say that even knowing all the risks, no one wants to be that 1 or 2% of people who have complications or problems. So glad that you found a surgeon with some compassion AND the ability to explain what happened so that you could have some closure and some clarity.

I hope you continue to heal and feel better!!!

Thank you for your support.

Yes, the closure has meant alot to me. And being able to tell my story on this forum was important to me.

We all use this forum to help make our decisions, for comfort, and comparison.

Wow, that is quite a story and I'm so thankful that you are here (alive) to tell it. I'm sorry that things went wrong and you are so right when you say that even knowing all the risks, no one wants to be that 1 or 2% of people who have complications or problems. So glad that you found a surgeon with some compassion AND the ability to explain what happened so that you could have some closure and some clarity.

I hope you continue to heal and feel better!!!

I think of you quite a bit and keeping hoping you're feeling ok. We're all pulling for you Jen and hope you get really really good news!

xoxo

Renee`

That is so sweet and thank you for thinking of me. I appriciate that alot.

I think of you quite a bit and keeping hoping you're feeling ok. We're all pulling for you Jen and hope you get really really good news!

xoxo

Renee`

Had my ugi and ct scans today. No more leak. Yay !!!!! I get to do Clear Liquids again. My TPN is cut in half and next week I get my tube out. The week after next I get my picc line out. Whew !! Almost there. I am so relieved.

Still have nausea and my tummy feels like crap, but I am almost home free. :D

I am so happy to hear this! Thanks so much for keeping us updated Jen. Are you home and able to rest, or are you still at the hospital and being a victim of late night needle-wielders?

Renee`