Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been living on unjury Choclate splendor and Simply Smart milk for the last 5 weeks. You don't need to add anything to it but I do sometimes add a bit of natural Peanut Butter. I also have been living on nectar strawberry Kiwi or Fuzzy Navel with 16oz of Water. (8oz is too sweet). I know everyone's tastes are different for example, I thought Unjury chicken Soup was the most vile thing I had tasted is quite some time.

I have a variety pack of the Torani SF syrups and have only tried the caramel so far in the Bariatric Advantage vanilla powder. It was ok. I am such a big caramel fan and was a little disappointed.

I am sorry you are having trouble Meggie. I hope you find one that works for you.

I am with Raine, I can't have everything so sweet or fruity tasting, I also need to break it up with something that is savory. I made my own chicken stock, but I have also heard that Racheal Ray's chicken stock is pretty good too. For lunch today, i am having sodium reduced Tomato Soup WAY watered down with a scoop of Peanut Butter blended up and heated. Good luck!

I'd say the absolute best Protein Powder out there is whey Gourmet by PVL. chocolate Peanut Butter is my favorite flavor, but I also have chocolate and strawberry/banana flavors at home. It's probably one of the most expensive brands out there, but it's a cut above everything I've tried. Give it a shot. Also, drink it with milk (cow's or soy, almond, etc) - even the best Protein powder tastes like cat butt with Water. You can always try it with water later, but start with milk first.

I agree Blackberry. PVL is really good. It's expensive for 2 lbs though.

I found another Peanut Butter and chocolate that is cheaper because it comes in a 5 lb jug. It's Gaperi myofusion Peanut Butter choc.

I think it's just as good.

You can do it without Protein drinks. I'm intolerant to powdered milk so can't have them. The main thing post op is to get your fluids in. I was allowed mushies after 2 weeks so started to get my Protein then. I've hit 100 grams in a day no probs post op.

Hey TJP, can I ask what you ate to get 100grams of protein on mushies? I can't imagine being able to consume that with the serving sizes being 2-3 ounces. Appreciate the help!

I have only had one or two Protein Shakes ever, but I have done mostly just fine with getting my Protein in since surgery. It can totally be done.

Keep looking, Meggie! Every one has a particular body chemistry that responds differently to different flavors and brands. I found that the powders are much better than the ready-mixed cans or bottles. I used one from GNC--they will let you return anything you do not like, and sometimes will give you a sample if they have them. There are forums on this subject with recommendations, but for everyone who likes a brand there is someone who hates it. Just keep looking. (I had a lot of luck with unjury powders, too.)

The GNC AMP 60 is the best I have tasted in choclate. It is very smooth and not gritty. Before Suregery I was using 2 scoops now after surgery 1 to 1/2 and some milk. Also bough some raspberry SF Torani Suryp and add a bit to make shake yummmm! And she is right they do refund your money if you don't like it.

I can't stand vanilla, chocolate or strawberry flavored drinks which makes finding suitable Protein drinks really difficult. I found the nectar drinks mentioned earlier and they literally saved me in the liquid phase. Carb free and 23g of Protein make them super healthy. Tasting like kool-aid without a weird smell or aftertast make them flippin' awesome! I'm a big fan of the Crystal Sky and Fuzzy Navel flavors- be warned that the Lemon Tea flavor was pretty awful, though.

Here's a link to check them out if interested: http://www.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog/categoryHandler?cat=Bariatric Advantage : nectar : Tub&expand=1">My link

You're resourceful and tenacious- I am sure you will work this out!

Best wishes!

Amanda

I am so happy to find this forum!!!!!!!!

I feel like I'm going crazy! This is day 5 and I am going nuts!!! I think it's getting better but I had to add the broth for dinner and some veggies (Dr. recommend)

I am so happy to find this forum!!!!!!!!

I feel like I'm going crazy! This is day 5 and I am going nuts!!! I think it's getting better but I had to add the broth for dinner and some veggies (Dr. recommend)

I swear I approached this first day of liquids with absolute clarity- forewarned and forearmed with as much advice and knowledge as a person could have thanks to this forum and the many You Tubes I have watched. I knew that starting to day and from here out the key to making a success of all this is Protein, making sure I get the 80 grams my doctor has told me based on my weight and my goal that I need. I got a lot of samples of different Protein powder from different sources that I have had on hand witing sampling. My doctor told me he drinks a Premier Protein Drink from costco every morning and my nutritionist told me they are universally liked by everyone who tries them So I had two vanilla and two chocolate chilling in the fridge awaiting my command.

I shook madly and opened a chocolate one and starting drinking it. To say the taste was disgusting to me was putting it verrry verrry mildly. It came up almost immediately. That is NOT something that happens to me! In addition, I cannot get that aftertaste out of my being- it seems to have melded with me- my dog even smells like the taste, in fact the whole house does- and just looking at a Premier container makes me want to vomit again. I have not been able to even drink anything since and just plan to go to bed and forget the whole day happened.

WTF! I am terrified to try any of them now- I have this ghastly feeling I am allergic to whey Protein or just wont be able to find one I can drink and then how am I to take care of myself properly for the next four weeks- two before and two after surgery? What happens if I can' find Protein Powder I can use to give me the extra amount I need?

HELP!!!! EVerything I know seems to have no meaning right now....

Contact the company, they had a bad batch and they will replace direct to your door, no charge. I drink them every day!

I could not drink any of the Protein Shakes that were made with Water only skim milk with water it came up on me pre-op. The Unjury chicken Soup flavor I mixed into strained chicken noodle soup. I also made sugar free puddings that I would add a scoop of Protein to the mix. I need more protein then most because of my work outs so I start my mornings with a Protein Shake. I have several doctored recipes I use I will add Nesquik Sugar Free Chocolate and use Walmart's Calorie Countdown chocolate milk (same calories and fat as skim milk) I'll also add 1/4 cup of sugar free pudding, I will add Torani sugar free syrups, So far I have made carmel, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla and strawberry shakes. I use both unjury and "It's About Time" protein mixes.

There are some other options if you hate the shakes. I drank Protein hot chocolate, protein lemonade, protein mango drink, and protein broth. I found all of these easier to deal with than the Protein Shakes. See if your surgeon has these available through his/her office. I got mine via the nutritionist associated through my surgeon's office, and they were lifesavers to me! Hope this helps!

I swear I approached this first day of liquids with absolute clarity- forewarned and forearmed with as much advice and knowledge as a person could have thanks to this forum and the many You Tubes I have watched. I knew that starting to day and from here out the key to making a success of all this is Protein, making sure I get the 80 grams my doctor has told me based on my weight and my goal that I need. I got a lot of samples of different Protein powder from different sources that I have had on hand witing sampling. My doctor told me he drinks a Premier Protein drink from costco every morning and my nutritionist told me they are universally liked by everyone who tries them So I had two vanilla and two chocolate chilling in the fridge awaiting my command.

I shook madly and opened a chocolate one and starting drinking it. To say the taste was disgusting to me was putting it verrry verrry mildly. It came up almost immediately. That is NOT something that happens to me! In addition, I cannot get that aftertaste out of my being- it seems to have melded with me- my dog even smells like the taste, in fact the whole house does- and just looking at a Premier container makes me want to vomit again. I have not been able to even drink anything since and just plan to go to bed and forget the whole day happened.

WTF! I am terrified to try any of them now- I have this ghastly feeling I am allergic to whey protein or just wont be able to find one I can drink and then how am I to take care of myself properly for the next four weeks- two before and two after surgery? What happens if I can' find protein powder I can use to give me the extra amount I need?

HELP!!!! EVerything I know seems to have no meaning right now....

ive been on a preop diet for 3 weeks and have lost 32lbs

i drank vanilla Atkins drinks like crazy my orders were to have

at least 15g protein n less than 5 carbs

to me the vanilla is like melted ice cream

they are super delicious and sometimes for Breakfast i would blend

them with a light strawberry yogurt, ice and splenda for a more

filling delicious smoothie.

i also got the chocolate which i love and blended them with banana

bits and ice.

once i started the 10 day prior to surgery diet i mostly drank them

straight but blended some in the mornings still with yogurt and

a bit of milk.

thanks to another shopper at Walmart i picked these up and <3 them.

just bought strawberry today, hope they r just as delicious ^_^

i enjoyed Gladiator from smoothie King as well and you can

order just one smoothie without having to drop $30 on

some case of powder you wont like.

i was advised that u may not be able to get all the protein in for the

first couple of weeks post op but to just try your best

my sleeve will be in less than 8 hours, wish i could sleep lol!

gl to you!! ^_^

If you want to try the nectar products, their sample pack is the way to go.

You get one of every flavor and if I remember, it was around 20.00.

Look in the food section for the list to get samples of it.