Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Healthy Eating for April Sleevers

Lucky you! I'll still be on liquids at day 12 (isn't it weird how everyone's diet is different).

Day 7:

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Protein Soup with a sodium free bullion cube for extra flavor (21 grams)

O Yeah banana shake (32 grams)

2 oz sugar free applesauce with my potassium buried in it.

Still to come, a pack of Optifast cream of chicken Soup (14 grams plus I'll add 1/4 scoop of the Unjury to total 19)

Which will put me at my 70 gram Protein goal for the first time, woo-hoo.

I am still on liquids too!! no jealousy here:)) or may be a little:P hehe

Well

B: 5 spoons of cream of Soup

Snack: skinny lattte` couldnt get in a lot though

L: Frozen yogurt (NO FAT NO SUGAR) and I dont know if it is good or not but I blended it and it went fine

D: like Breakfast

S: my chew-able vitamins!

I had a more consistent eating day today, day 8, but am still really ready to start mushies next Monday!

Breakfast: 2 TBS Greek yogurt. 2.5 g.

Lunch: Wheybolic Protein 1/2 scoop in 1/2 c. FF milk (I don't drink all of this), blended with some cherry flavoring. 20 g.

Snack: 2 tsp. cream of chicken Soup base in 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth. 1 g.

Dinner: Like lunch. 20 g.

As you can see, I have a long way to go to getting to my Protein goal, but my surgeon told me just to take it at my own pace and not to stress out about it. I'm comfortable and I'm losing weight, so I guess that's good.

Cheers!

Meg

Depending on where you are on the healthy eating continuum, you may have to do a lot of work to get from where you are now to where you want or need to be.

Im only 4 days out and still swollen and struggling to get my 64oz in at all, let alone counting Protein yet. How long did it take for you to actually finish a bottle of Water, or a full 64oz in a day? Please tekl me your experience. Im not worried, just curious!

Im only 4 days out and still swollen and struggling to get my 64oz in at all, let alone counting Protein yet. How long did it take for you to actually finish a bottle of Water, or a full 64oz in a day? Please tekl me your experience. Im not worried, just curious!

it is still hard for me to get in 64 ozs haven't done it yet.....i am just now starting to drink a little quicker but not as fast as I used to...i am hoping that by next week I can.

Yesterday was my highest and that was about 56 ozs

Stacy - it gets better as time goes by. I am 16 days post op and I am not having any trouble eating at this point. When I was just a week post op I could start on a few solids, i.e. refried Beans, scrambled egg, tuna salad, thin deli meat. I would only eat a few bites and be done. Now I am eating more. I think you just need time to heal.

Renee

Wow...I'm not able to eat til week 4 and them its pureed food. How long until I will be able to take a drink without that tightness in my throught?

I'm at Day 7 and still only on Clear Liquids. I have no trouble getting them down - just wish I was allowed to drink a little faster. They told me one oz. per 15 minutes and not to gulp. It just seems as though if I take a break to be on the phone or computer, I'm already behind. I'm starting to be a little hungry now. They said typically I would move to mushy food on Day 14 but I see the surgeon this Thursday so we'll see. No Protein at all right now - just flavored water, clear broth, ice pops and Jello. It is strange how all the doctors seem to have their own food progression.