Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a nutritionist appointment today and she told me I had met all of the indications and I would probably be Team approved this week! WOOOO HOOOO! Even if I do still have 3 months of my MSWL visits with my Dr and have to be submitted for insurance that is just about it! So freaking excited! I have to see her one more time in late June and that will probably be it for pre-op :)

I also had a nutrition class and learned about the pre-op diet - mine is basically liquids, veggies and a few other things like hot Cereal and apple sauce which is awesome - I wasn't sure what to expect and am very glad it isn't JUST liquids! I feel like post op will be easier to do just because I won't feel like eating as much.

I also got a few samples of powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury to try so looking forward to seeing how that is!

Hopefully well on my way to a July date for surgery :)))) :w00t:

Whooo Hooooo!!!! How exciting. Way to go, Girl! I have my last nutritionist visit in two weeks and then it's on the surgery for me on June6th. Did you get a list of the Vitamins we will need to have at home ? Good luck and Good health! Valentina

I had a nutritionist appointment today and she told me I had met all of the indications and I would probably be Team approved this week! WOOOO HOOOO! Even if I do still have 3 months of my MSWL visits with my Dr and have to be submitted for insurance that is just about it! So freaking excited! I have to see her one more time in late June and that will probably be it for pre-op :)

I also had a nutrition class and learned about the pre-op diet - mine is basically liquids, veggies and a few other things like hot Cereal and apple sauce which is awesome - I wasn't sure what to expect and am very glad it isn't JUST liquids! I feel like post op will be easier to do just because I won't feel like eating as much.

I also got a few samples of unjury to try so looking forward to seeing how that is!

Hopefully well on my way to a July date for surgery :)))) :w00t:

Whooo Hooooo!!!! How exciting. Way to go, Girl! I have my last nutritionist visit in two weeks and then it's on the surgery for me on June6th. Did you get a list of the Vitamins we will need to have at home ? Good luck and Good health! Valentina

I did get the Vitamin list - and she was able to give me a sample of the Bariatric Advantage chewable today and also a Calcium chew sample - glad to have them and will be making a list very soon of what I need! It seems so much more real even though I am still about 3 months out!

Congrats on your surgery date!!

OH!! And I forgot to mention - there were 5 other sleevers in the nutrition class! So exciting since RNY seems to be the most popular here! Hoping there will be a nice size support group when I have mine - apparently only one lady goes right now so she is lumped with the RNY group.

Got my letter yesterday from the program and I am Team Approved!!

They finally called with lab results - I found out that I have low Vitamin D and have to start that right now. Also high cholesterol and triglycerides. Have to talk to my regular Dr about that. Blood in urine - they asked if I was on my period - seriously it took you nearly a month to call me, I have no idea!! LOL

Don't let the low Vitamin D scare you, or the 50,000 units once or twice a week amount say OMG. I was told I was Vitamin d def sometime last year and started taking 2000 IU a day on my own and only brought my levels up from a 12 to a 17 in like 5 months. So when I got a new Doctor she automatically checked my levels and put me on the 50,000 units once a week. She has brought my levels up to 39 from 17 since January.

As far as the high triglycerides go mine went down from a 293 to 195 just by changing my lifestyle staring in late February, early March. But she says they are still high so to start taking Niacin. If you can't get an RX for it (or if it's just cheaper) get the over the counter 500mg flush free kind. My hubby has been taking that for 3 years and he has never gotten all "flushed" from taking it.

Is there any kind of patient advocate at your surgeons office that handles scheduling and coordinating everything etc.... If so call them about why it took so long for a call back about your blood work. You don't want to be scheduled for your surgery and then get a call say a few days before hand and they say oh by the way...... Good luck! You are getting so close :)