Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12wk Pregnancy Appt Update- U/S and Bump Pics

This won't be extremely long update since it's been just a few days since my last one, but a few had ask me to update after this appointment since this is the 12 week update with the "special" ultrasound to look for any "markers" for defects, or abnormalities.

1) Labs were pulled (results will take 7-14 days)

2) Sprout is measuring on target, and the placenta, heart, all "genetic markers" were NORMAL which is a huge relief. Doc is extremly pleased with my progress, and my little 4lb weight gain. I have definitely "popped" in the bump department even since Sunday.

3) The ugly night time reflux is creeping in. I think it's because I have have allowed an old"fat habit" to creep in. A huge contributor to my former 270lb self was night time eating. I loved having that "full belly" before bedtime, eat something/anything/lots of anything, and go to sleep. Well, I've had 3 nights of waking up spewing acid. It's beyond unpleasant, and I didn't even realize I was doing it. I wasn't eating "horrible stuff" or necessarily junk food, a handful of nuts, a granola bar, 1/2 cup of oatmeal, a few crackers with cheese, well I wasn't even feeling "full" but apparently, my sleeve is full, or partially, and with the "bump" swollen uterus, increased blood volume, bloating, my stomach's reaction is straight up ACID from hell. So, I'm back to not eating 1-2 hours before I lay down for the night. It's been miserable, and it's only been after eating and then laying down and dozing off. So, I'm being more aware of my eating at night.

4) They would not confirm gender. Apparently at 12 weeks, they all look like BOYS. Next follow up with my regular OB is Monday, and next high risk appt is at 18 weeks unless something with my labs comes back questionable/suspicious.

Sprout 12 weeks Waving at Us ! ! ! Getting pictues was purely crazy, he was jumping all over my uterus, went head down, butt out, and was pretty much doing cartwheels in my uterus after the first 5-7 minutes of the tech squishing on my belly. Apparently, Sprout is not a fan of his space being invaded.

207089_10150226391971418_744801417_8790699_632390_n.jpg

And the Bump:

206309_10150224074811418_744801417_8771962_4760502_n.jpg

No, I'm not holding it "up", I'm just making the dress cling to the belly LOL

Haha love the pics and you're both so dang cute! Sorry bout that nasty acid. I had a lot of heart burn with my pregnancies. Glad all the testing went well for Little Sprout and thanks for the update!

Kelly

Sprout is adorable and you look so cute with your baby bump!!! Hope you get the acid under control. Cause I know how it sucks especially when you are trying to sleep. Does being in a more upright position help with the acid? Maybe putting a telephone book under your mattress at your head could raise it enough to help.

Good luck with the acid, I had to sleep in an upright position from early on in all 3 pregnancies and it sucks :(

You and sprout are looking gorgeous!

Oh gawwwwd, you poor thing... I never had heartburn a day in my life until I was 4 1/2 months pregnant, and from then on it was an almost nightly issue... the choking on acid after breathing it in, the whole bit. It started the day I ate a huge baked potato, fully loaded with butter, cheese, mushrooms, and sour cream (how's that for healthy?).... 5 hours later it was still sitting there, up it came, and I'd bet anything that's when I developed that hiatal hernia that was fixed 21 years later with my VSG. Ugh, I know it's miserable for you.

Are you still on your PPI? Sorry if you said that and I missed it. One thing you might try is in the evening, having a little apple cider vinegar, just a tablespoon or so. (I can NOT take straight, always had to put it in 4 oz. of Water with some sweetener.) Sounds counter-intuitive because it's SO acidic itself, but it really works incredibly well.

You look SO CUTE!! If you're popped like that at 3 months, you're gonna be toppling over on the ground by six. :lol:

Oh gawwwwd, you poor thing... I never had heartburn a day in my life until I was 4 1/2 months pregnant, and from then on it was an almost nightly issue... the choking on acid after breathing it in, the whole bit. It started the day I ate a huge baked potato, fully loaded with butter, cheese, mushrooms, and sour cream (how's that for healthy?).... 5 hours later it was still sitting there, up it came, and I'd bet anything that's when I developed that hiatal hernia that was fixed 21 years later with my VSG. Ugh, I know it's miserable for you.

Are you still on your PPI? Sorry if you said that and I missed it. One thing you might try is in the evening, having a little apple cider vinegar, just a tablespoon or so. (I can NOT take straight, always had to put it in 4 oz. of Water with some sweetener.) Sounds counter-intuitive because it's SO acidic itself, but it really works incredibly well.

You look SO CUTE!! If you're popped like that at 3 months, you're gonna be toppling over on the ground by six. :lol:

LOL LOL I'm totally paranoid on how big I'll be in 3 more months ha ha ha. I'm already having trouble getting comfortable at night, and trying to adjust to the weight redistribution to the center of my body again.

Nexium and Protonix are both good for pregnancy. Since I went on auto-ship with our insurance on the Nexium, I pay a measily $3 for a 90 day supply of the Nexium 40mg. I'll probably grab a bottle of Gaviscon to help with any further breakthrough reflux. I have never had acid like this in my life, and it was a rude awakening. If I could get passed the smell the ACV, I'd try it, but it was recommended during my post-op diet to keep things moving, and I can't stand the smell of it.

Awesome you look adorable!!! I'm glad to hear the lil sprout is doing super! Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl. :)

Sorry to hear about the acids. I learned that too, eating too close to bed time = not fun waking up with acid.

Just one more week and you're done with T1!!!

You are just darling! Best wishes to you, the hub and the sproutling.

Great to hear things are going well with sprout... not so good about the acid and fingers crossed that will pass...

Fair play to you, you are looking really well... starting to bloom!!!

So cute!!!

Your bump is adorable and you're positively glowing!!!

Unfortunately, I was banded with my most recent pregnancy and also had nasty reflux. I, too, had to limit how much I ate before bedtime and take a Zantac twice a day. I didn't have any acid with my first, non-banded pregnancy so I do attribute it to the change in my stomach. Hopefully you'll get some relief soon. Take care!

What a cute pic of the sprout and of you with the bump! Your smile speaks volumes. Hope the acid issues ease up for you. Thanks for the update.smile.gif