Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello guys,

I'm 23 years old and I was sleeved last Monday. I must say I'm feeling almost 100% better. All my incisions are closed and healing well, I have mild to no pain and I have been able to move around, dance, and feel absolutely free since surgery. I'm not sure if my age plays a big roll in it, but my mom is so scared that I'm going to hurt myself but I keep assuring her I have no pains. She keeps reinforcing the fact that I just had major surgery to get me to relax and heal, but I feel what's best for me is to keep moving and that way I will heel faster. To all of you who are thinking about getting this procedure done and you have you doubts- it's worth it. The pain that you may or may not endure is worth it. I would do it all over again if I had to. I'm only a week and 2 days out and I've already lost 13lbs!! I also know that I may stall at some point in my weighloss but at this point in time im ready for whatever may come my way. What excites me the most is getting close to my half way mark. I hope that my rambling helps someone.

Candace

Sounds like you're doing great! Moving's not gonna hurt you, just be careful about any heavy lifting for awhile. Congrats on your sleeve, you won't believe the changes it brings! :)

Amazing! Congratulations. I'm 23 as well and my mom has all the same fears for me too. I've done all the research so I knew I was going to be able to be up and moving after surgery, but she still has doubts about me being able to walk so soon after. Thanks for sharing your good news. I'm so excited, yet nervous. My date is May 3, approaching fast.

Moving helps jump start healing. You get your blood going and circulating and it naturally goes to places in your body needed to heal. But there is a good point mentioned, heavy lifting! Don't do it yet, or ab work outs. Just because the outside healed doesn't mean the inside is done healing yet. Glad to hear you bounced back so quickly!! I am 25 and feel great, have since 2 weeks outs. And the first two weeks was just exhaustion from lack of calories!!

I needed to read this! I am also 23, and will be sleeved on June 24th. I have a pretty laid back desk job, but I'm panicking a little because I'm going from running in the morning 3-5 times a week and Zumba to just WALKING for awhile. This surgery means so much to me....my insurance is covering the whole thing and I need to make sure that I keep my body moving and exercise to minimize as much sagging, etc as I can control! Sounds shallow, but it's a major concern!

I'm so glad you're feeling better already, and congrats! This is the start of a whole new journey for us!!! :)

Rock that sleeve! :)

You are a true inspiration to me I'm 24 and waiting for a date to get my surgery. I am glad to know that I will be energized to work out.

I'm 22, and I've just started the whole process for my sleeve surgery. I too, have concerns about the skin sagging, I'm quite afraid that it will be a lot! I weigh 319 so I know there will be some sagging. I'm scared of the whole process, but I am going to stay on track with this. Its great to see that a lot of people (especially around my age) have no regrets! I cannot wait!

I am also 23 and can not wait! I have been considering this for a couple years now and it's great to see people my age going through the same thing. Best of luck to everyone....oh and I get sleeved May 7th! So ready for this change in my life!

Oh my gosh girls! My daughter is 23 and wants the sleeve. I feel she's too young and might ruin the operation. How are you girls doing now...a year out or more? Was it still the right decision? Congrats!!

You're twenties are potentially some of the best years of your life. My mom didn't want me to get the sleeve due to safety concerns. Not to be a totally lame, but I quoted Steel Magnolias. I told her that I would rather have a couple minutes if wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special. It took her some time and research until she was on board. Now she is very supportive and I am so grateful.

Im in my early stage of pre op but I am truly grateful for this forum! Very informative. I am 24 and I am hoping that my experience is as blissful as the rest of you! ????

Surgery is tomorrow starting to get a Lil nervous, but will let everyone know how it goes.

I'm 23 also, and had my sleeve done Monday April 30th. At just a week out I feel great. My energy is only a little down. I have moved to full liquids everyday and so far I can say everything is going great. My mom has been totally with me through all of this and I couldn't be more thankful.

I haven't updated in a long time! I'm a year out and I feel great. I hope you all are doing well. I'm 1lb away from 100lbs down!

post-7388-13813658745373_thumb.png