Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone out there over 60?

Hi,

I'm having my procedure done on the 19th of April. So excited, but also nervous. I hope that my age doesn't get in the way of success. I've read so many different manuals from various doctors that my head is about to explode. At this point, I just want it over with, so that I can start my new journey. I'm not looking to wear a bikini. (heaven forbid) I just want to be healthy and see my 3 grandchildren, ages 3, 20 mos., and 10 wks. grow up. Wish me luck, and I'll keep you informed.

57 here so you are in good company! Good luck with you surgery next week!

I'm 60 and had the surgery on Friday. It was EASY. I got very sick the next day from the pain killers which I really didn't need to begin with. I honestly feel like I'm recovering now from Saturday, NOT Friday's surgery! All is good! Good luck to you!

Hi,

I'm having my procedure done on the 19th of April. So excited, but also nervous. I hope that my age doesn't get in the way of success. I've read so many different manuals from various doctors that my head is about to explode. At this point, I just want it over with, so that I can start my new journey. I'm not looking to wear a bikini. (heaven forbid) I just want to be healthy and see my 3 grandchildren, ages 3, 20 mos., and 10 wks. grow up. Wish me luck, and I'll keep you informed.

There are a number of us late 50s and early 60s even a couple in their 70s. We seem to be doing fine. Have you looked at the age-specific subforum toward the bottom of the home page? You might find thst interesting

There are a number of us late 50s and early 60s even a couple in their 70s. We seem to be doing fine. Have you looked at the age-specific subforum toward the bottom of the home page? You might find thst interesting

Didn't notice it. Thanks so much. And thanks for all the positive comments.

We're here with you! I'm 55, and at 11 weeks postop I weigh less than I have in 10 years. I feel great! This is the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Hi,

I am so happpy to know I am not alone.Today I started thinking maybe , it was to late for me to do this. I dont feel my age by way I am 57 just joint today 4/13/11 . Just begun my journey,about a month into it. Need 4 more supervised visits.Also congratulation you will be fine GOD BLESS

57 here so you are in good company! Good luck with you surgery next week!

God bless and keep you safe.Bobby

I'm 60 and had the surgery on Friday. It was EASY. I got very sick the next day from the pain killers which I really didn't need to begin with. I honestly feel like I'm recovering now from Saturday, NOT Friday's surgery! All is good! Good luck to you!

I'm 63 and 6 months post op. My surgery was a revision from a bad lap band angry.gif put in 4 years ago. I am feeling great!smile.gif Better than I have in years! I was very weak for a few weeks right after the surgery, but made it fine.

Good luck,

Jeri

I'm 63 and 6 months post op. My surgery was a revision from a bad lap band angry.gif put in 4 years ago. I am feeling great!smile.gif Better than I have in years! I was very weak for a few weeks right after the surgery, but made it fine.

Good luck,

Jeri

Hi Jeri,

So glad to hear about you. I'm also having a revision from lapband to sleeve. People like you keep me going. Thanks,

Linda