Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a reward for yourself when you hit goal?

I only have 25 lbs. to go before I hit my goal!! YEAH!!!!! :biggrin1: I really want to have a reward to look forward to when I get there. Of course my ultimate reward will be my hot new body!!!!! But......I need a little kick in the butt to get me back on track right now. I've stayed the same weight for 2 months. :guess

For those who hit goal, did you have a reward? If so, what?

For those still pluggin' along, have you set a goal once you get there? If so, what is it?

For those who haven't set a goal, let's brainstorm!!!

I was seriously considering getting myself a Full Day at the Spa when I hit goal. I went to a Spa place yesterday to get some information & was floored at the $500/day deal. Is this a normal price? I just may have to mark that off my list or get a part-time job! HA!

Now I'm re-thinking my reward. I need a carrot dangled in front of me & I don't know what that carrot should be!! The only thing I won't put on the list is new clothes because I'm going to buy those anyway!!! :eek:

Any and ALL ideas are appreciated.

What about a weekend get away. Somewhere you have always wanted to go but never have? Let us know what you decide to do. You've done a great job and deserve something like this!

My reward for me hitting 100 pounds was my husband agreeing to wax his unibrow!!! We had a whole party where everyone had to watch...it gave me a lot of satisfaction since I have been wondering what it would look like for him to do it for 13+ years now! It didn't cost much, except we made a big deal out of it and had a party. My husband agreed to it when I first started losing weight, never thinking I would hit 100 pounds lost so quickly.....it was funny when he actually heard me say "Honey it's time for you to fulfill your end of the deal because I hit 100 pounds lost today!" LOL

I have setup a jar in the kitchen. I pay myself a dollar for every day i workout, and a dollar i eat right. and i am going to pay myself 5 dollars for every pound lost. that way at the end of it all i will have lots of money saved up for something special, like a whole new wardrobe, or a trip to carribean :eek:

Don't forget all the food you are NOT eating has a cost associated to it. I thought I would put away all the money I save at restaurants for what I don't order. I think a nice trip with DH will be reward for me.

p.s. you could get a massage at one place, a facial at another, etc. to get better deals on cost. check it out.

I already have a fabulous skinny wardrobe that is still in style, I did this just 2 years ago but I can't keep it off.

I want to have a dirty weekend with hubby somewhere I've never been before....can't wait til I'm not feeling self conscious with my own husband.

Carol

Life is just one long string of rewards at the moment, lol. Doug is going to FREAK when the credit card statement comes in.

Clothing is my reward - I've always been fussy about having hair done, getting my nails done, so those are everyday things. I have a really bad habit of laybying stuff in smaller sizes but I find it great incentive. I used to do it before too and then buy the clothes when the layby finished and then throw into the back of the wardrobe never to be seen again, but I now have put ALL those clothes in the charity bin because they all got too big for me. But its' been great, I've had a terrific wardrobe all the way through, not had to make do because I didnt want to spend money on something I wasnt goign to wear for long.

So yeah, every time I hit a new low, I just buy more clothes to get into in the future, to keep me going.

Rockin'Robyn - I love what you did!! Shaving off your husbands uni-brow is hilarious!! And, you threw a party for it. Love it!

Funny - The jar idea is brilliant! I should have been doing that a LONG time ago. When you're done, you're going to have over a million dollars in there from all the great, healthy choices you've made lately!! SMART, SMART!!

Woodys - A "dirty" weekend with my husband - hmmmmm..... I am just imagining in my mind what this weekend would be like. I think this would motivate my husband more then it would me!!! ROFL! YOU GO GIRL!!

Melissa - The weekend get-away is tempting!!!!

I'm still debating over the Spa Day. I've never spent $500 on myself, maybe it's time to just suck it up & indulge myself.

KEEP THE GREAT COMMENTS COMING!!!

Reaching my goal will result in another surgery. I need a total knee replacement and it may sound strange to be looking forward to such an involved surgery but, as anyone with end stage arthritis in a joint can tell you, the pain is pretty bad. I look forward to walking pain-free and a fast recovery.

Well, awhile back when talking about where I wanted to be and how I wanted to look for my someday wedding with my dear boyfriend. He set the deal he would be my ring once I hit my goal. That way I'd have my dream body to go with my dream ring, and wedding day. Lol...not really sure if this will happen, but it helps motivate me when I think about a wedding dress and what not. I want to look amazing on my wedding day and I plan on it.

Another reward is having my boobs done once I hit goal. I want the whole shabang, but have agreed it would be better to hold off on the other lifts after I'm done having babies. But I want perky nice boobs while I'm still in my twenties, so I will be getting those done.

I've told DH he's taking me for a vacation to Turtle island, Fiji. And hitting goal will be worth every penny.