Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

if you are approx 4 mo out... what does it look like for you?

I will be 4 mo out on April 27th. I feel like I can eat too much. Definitely more than the 1/4 cup they had me on when I first graduated to real food post surgery. I have really bad-long stalls, and I'm getting frustrated and discouraged. So I'm wondering what other people who are around 3-5 mo post op do? What are you eating all day? How much and how often?

Thanks!

I'm not there yet, but kind of think I will be in the same boat... I am looking forward to eating more veggies to fill in the gaps!

I am 3 1/2 months post op and the amount I can eat fluctuates, but it all seems to be more than I "should" be able to eat. I do know for certain it is still so much less and better than before surgery. My calorie intake fluctuates between 700 and 1200. I have lost a total of 42 lbs, including my pre-op weight loss. I'm certain that I have been and will continue to be a slow loser, but I am a loser none the less. I sleep better now, my ankles no longer swell, I am so much more comfortable in my skin.

Hi, I am almost 7 months out now. I averaged 10 lbs a month for the first five and it helped with the stalls averaging the weight loss out. As your new stomach heals you will be able to eat more then the early days that is why making sure you always eat Protein first because that will fill you up quicker. I think around month 4 I was eating between 900-1000 calories a day I start my days with a Protein Shake make sure I have safe Snacks on hand like sugar free Jello and fruit.< /p>

I have just hit the 4 month mark. I was sleeved Dec 1st. I am on able to eat about 1/2 of Protein with 1/4 c veggie at a meal time. I usually feel full at this point. I measure most of my foods and my calories are around 800 a day. I keep my carbs very low under 50 or even lower if possible. By choice, I do not eat rice, potatoes or bread (or at least very rarely) so I can try to lose as much weight as possible. I have lost 56 pounds since surgery and a total of 65 since I started my journey. I try to walk every day but I work 10 hour shifts and it hasn't been easy. I do get my full Protein daily but still struggle to get all my fluids in daily. I have hit some slow downs-not sure if I could call them a stall but my nut says as long as I am losing at least a pound a week that I am doing alright.

Everyone is different on how this works for them. I know others may have lost more weight but others have lost less. I am just so grateful for every pound I have lost is a blessing. Hang in there.

Today April 6th is my 4 month mark, I too can eat more than in the past 4 months but a LOT less than I used to be able to pack away pre-op. Your stomach has pretty much totally healed, the swelling is down and things have settled down - so it's somewhat natural.

Measure or only server specific portions and don't exceed them. We went out for my birthday yesterday and I ordered a spaghetti dish, I knew I couldn't eat all of it and looked forward to the left overs - YUM! - but sure enough I took maybe 2 bites too much and the discomfort then pain set in. It was 15 minutes before I felt OK.

So the restriction is still there - so don't push it. Keep with your same portions.

I've lost about 56 total (6 pre op) in 5 months, I'm a slow loser. I also haven't exercised, which I keep saying I'm going to start. I average around 850 calories a day and usually around 65 or less carbs. I usually eat one egg and vegetarian sausage- deli turkey with cheese, 4 oz for lunch- 3 0r 4 oz of meat and a little veggis for dinner, I usually have to split my meals in two because I can't finish, so I am eating 6 or 7 very small meals a day. I try to fit in some fruit, and love hummus with magic pops. Sometimes I do treat myself to 3 or 4 hersey kisses, I just need it but more then that I feel sick, which is a good thing.

Try not to get discouraged, I know I haven't been able to loss this much weight before or stick with a healthy eating program. So give yourself credit and remember as the months go on we will start to eat more but I don't think we will ever be able to eat the way we used too as long as we eat our Protein first.

Good Luck, Janine

Thank you so much for all the responces. It does me good to see that I am not alone in this. I'm glad to hear that I sound pretty average where all this is concerned! I too have a hard time getting in all my fluids. Need to really work on that...it woudl probably help.

I am almost 3 months out and I feel the same way. I admit I dont measure my food but I know I can eat more than 1/4 cup but I do try to listen to my body and stop before I feel full. I have lost 60 lbs. 9 of that on the pre-op diet. Its scary sometimes b/c I feel like I can eat more but then I compare that to what I used to be able to eat and its so little. Its even smaller than the skinny girls I know so I cant complain.

I will be 4 months out on April 19th. I am down 67 pounds since surgery date. I still can not eat very much at all. My Vitamins I take in the morning fill me up so I can't eat Breakfast. I eat maybe 2 oz of chicken at lunch and maybe 2 oz of tuna for dinner. That is all I can get down. I don't eat any Snacks. Since I can't get any more food down than that I am very diligent with my Vitamins. LOL.... my 1 year old eats more than I do.

I am 4 months out and a slow (sore) loser also! I stalled for 6 weeks and have since lost in 2 or 3 pound increments with 3 or 4 weeks in between. I DEFINITELY do not eat any where near what I ever did ! I focus on Protein first.

My typical day is as follows:

B- Protein shake

S- Greek yogurt

L- chicken or tuna

Dinner- chicken or Protein Shake.

Average calories in a day 7-900 hundred.

I am very frustrated at times, but I buckle down and see what I can do differently. I have added 30 to 45 minute walks now that the weather has gotten better in addition to Wii Step or Just Dance.

The FAT HAS TO GO!

I will be 4 months out on 20 April. I cannot eat much at all, and, frankly, the thought of eating repulses me. But, recently, I have been obsessed with cooking shows. Not sure what THAT means... But, I am 65 pounds down, and take in about 800 calories a day. As for exercise, I walk at least 5.25 miles a day, either outside or on the treadmill. I get about 90 ounces of Water a day. I feel great!

I am 4 months out. I am 5'7" and started at 299. I lost 16 pounds pre-op, putting me at 283. I was 225 this morning for a loss of 58 pounds since surgery, and 74 pounds since starting all this. I want to get to 150, so I am almost halfway there. I eat basically whatever I want, but Proteins and veggies first. I usually eat three meals and one or two Snacks. Snacks are usually a Protein Bar 170 cal/15 g Protein or a laughing cow cheese wheel and beef Jerky. Last night I had cherry tomatoes for a snack, but 2 nights ago I had cheese puffs. I gain 5-7 pounds every month during my TOM, but I know I am still losing because afterwards I drop it plus 3-5 pounds the next week. The other two weeks I have been losing 1-3 pounds a week. I stopped logging my food, and refuse to diet or be obsessed. Long before surgery, I decided that was more harmful to me than being fat. I had this surgery to eat less and not be obsessed with food. It has worked. If I stopped losing today I would see myself as a success and anything past this point is just a bonus. I feel comfortable eating about a cup to a cup and a half of food at meals. I drink whatever I want, mostly flavored water and teas. I find I no longer like the taste of diet sodas, so if I want soda, I drink about 4 oz of regular soda. I do try to make good healthy choices, so if I want something higher calorie, I have a small serving, and I am satisfied, something that never happened before surgery. I do weigh twice a day, because it keeps me aware of what my body is doing. I work really hard at seeing how far I have come and not obsessing over the normal fluctuations. I think this has taught me more about how much my weight fluctuates throughout the day. I still have to make myself drink enough. I still forget to chew enough and swallow a bite that sticks, which is miserable. Overall though, I feel normal for the first time in my life. I eat a meal, feel satisfied and don't feel hungry again for 3-6 hours. I used to start obsessing in about 30 min after i ate about what I would eat, when I could eat again, whether people would notice, how much I ate ant lots of guilt and shame. I could never shut my brain off to food. Now I don't think about eating so much. I feel normal.

you have lost 90+ lbs in four months!!!!! that is amazing! stop complaining and enjoy the gorgeous healthy new you! I am so jealous, hope my weightloss is as swift and successful:)

I am 4 months out and a slow (sore) loser also! I stalled for 6 weeks and have since lost in 2 or 3 pound increments with 3 or 4 weeks in between. I DEFINITELY do not eat any where near what I ever did ! I focus on Protein first.

My typical day is as follows:

B- Protein shake

S- Greek yogurt

L- chicken or tuna

Dinner- chicken or Protein Shake.

Average calories in a day 7-900 hundred.

I am very frustrated at times, but I buckle down and see what I can do differently. I have added 30 to 45 minute walks now that the weather has gotten better in addition to Wii Step or Just Dance.

The FAT HAS TO GO!