Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The shots have been around for years. 20 years ago I was getting them along with DP's from a diet Dr..

Look at where I am now.

The shots have been around for years. 20 years ago I was getting them along with DP's from a diet Dr..

Look at where I am now.

I was getting the shots 35 years ago!

Oh my god, this HCG, which I've never even heard of, is just like airplane seatbelt extenders, which I had also never heard of (also never noticed anyone else using them). Do I like walk around in some kind of ignorance bubble??

I am a sleever. I have used HCG and lost 14 lbs. in 23 days. My Sis lost 17 in 23. Most people lose 1-2 pounds per day. The diet is based on a manuscript written by Dr. Simeon many years ago. It does work but you have to be very strict about following the program and also food combinations. I have to admit that I did cheat while on the program and that is why my weight loss was low but one of the best things about it is you don't feel hungry. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

While I know others on this board may disagree, I loved this diet. My chronic fatigue, joint/muscle pain, and overall bitchiness literally vanished. My problem with it before surgery was that I was full of bad eating habits, and tended to have head hunger from hell.

I have decided to do this protocol again. Only because due to my recent diagnosis of Lupus, I am now on an overwhelming amount of meds. If I could be pain free with one shot a day, instead of 5-6 pills then hey Ill do it!

We shall see. If anything, it will be easier now that I have no hunger and a tiny tummy.

Please keep us updated on your HCG diet, ok!

While I know others on this board may disagree, I loved this diet. My chronic fatigue, joint/muscle pain, and overall bitchiness literally vanished. My problem with it before surgery was that I was full of bad eating habits, and tended to have head hunger from hell.

I have decided to do this protocol again. Only because due to my recent diagnosis of Lupus, I am now on an overwhelming amount of meds. If I could be pain free with one shot a day, instead of 5-6 pills then hey Ill do it!

We shall see. If anything, it will be easier now that I have no hunger and a tiny tummy.

Be careful where you get the HCG. dr. oz did an episode on it and I decided to do some research. The stuff you can get without a prescription only contains a trace of the hormone because it is controlled by the FDA. So don't get ripped off buying it online and make sure you have a doctor monitor the process

Just to let you know about a yeAr ago they removed the hcg hormone out of HCG over the counter drops, which depletes the purpose. The only real HCG you can get is the injections.

I know ... I always order from Canada and do the injections. Ive done my research.....rolleyes.gif

I have done HCG and was wondering about it with the sleeve. I always end up going back to sugar. My sis has done great and maintain, being smaller at a higher weight, than she ever was without HCG. She and I both have done/do the homeopathic HCG. It has always dones well for me. I was asking a friend who mentors people about HCG what she thought about taking after surgery. She agreed with my thinking that it would be perfect. It is releasing 2000-4000 calories per day of fat when on the 500 cal diet. Well, there is no room for cheating when your stomach is small.

BTW, it does wonders for the skin and losing in the right place.

So, did any of you end up doing this last year after being sleeved.?

I did the injections before I had sleeve surgery - lost 40 lbs. but started losing my hair & quit the shots and gained it back slowly.

My GYN doctor is offering this diet with the shots. A friend of mine at work is doing it leading up to her wedding. She has lost more than I have with my surgery! lol There is a whole maintenance plan and she is determined to keep it off. It will be interesting to see how she does.

My hubby did the 40 day plan over Christmas. He just finished up the stabilization phase this weekend and hit the 50lb mark. He has done awesome and he looks awesome!! Reminds me of high school! Now I just have to catch up with him!!!

Hello! Did anybody end up doing the HCG diet after being sleeved? I am only 4 months out and have lost 2 pounds for the last month, just wondering if it would be okay to try it..