Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Officially a Member of the 50's Team!

I've been dreading this for awhile, but as of this past Tuesday I'm no longer in my 40's - I guess I'm officially "middle-aged" - yuck!

After all this weight loss most people say I look younger, and I FEEL younger, but I've noticed a huge change in the elasticity of my skin now that it's not full of fat to fluff it out. I hate the saggy areas near my elbows and top my arms, the crazy stretch marks on my tummy that look like a pleated skirt when I bend over, my non-existent butt (just boney now). And yes, to answer the question - I AM vain, and Carly Simon wrote that song about me - ha!

I SO wish this surgery had been available about 15 yrs ago when I was still young and had more time to enjoy this slim bod. Now I feel like I'm too old to to wear certain clothes, and worry that even growing my hair out this long may make me look like I'm trying too hard to look younger.

I guess I shouldn't wallow in self-pity too much. In the last week, I've had several people think I was in my 30's (sounds like they all need an appointment to LensCrafters!). My 22 yr old daughter and I were at a restaurant bar before my birthday dinner and the bartender thought we were two friends out for a drink. So I KNOW it could be worse. I guess I'm just having a hard time coming to terms with this whole aging thing, and knowing that every day from now on I'll just keep looking older and older.

One of my co-workers who's around 70 told me I'm still young. Buddy, 50 is NOT young, it's just not as old as 70.

One of my co-workers who's around 70 told me I'm still young. Buddy, 50 is NOT young, it's just not as old as 70.

That made me laugh!! lol

I'm going to be joining you next week when I turn 50 too. I have to admit that it age has presented it's challenges I don't really think I'd trade it for any other age in my life.

BTW: After perusing your photo gallery I think the others are right. You're hot and don't look to be 50!

I'm going to be joining you next week when I turn 50 too. I have to admit that it age has presented it's challenges I don't really think I'd trade it for any other age in my life.

BTW: After perusing your photo gallery I think the others are right. You're hot and don't look to be 50!

Thanks!!! That made my day. I guess it's better to be old and thin instead of old and fat, huh? I'm just a stubborn Aries though and am having a hard time coming to terms with all this. All this aside, I know in 10 yrs I'll be thinking "What did she have to bitch about at 50?" So I'm counting my blessings instead of wrinkles and I know I've got it good.

Happy Birthday to you next week!

Notice the big print! I will be 50 in July and am dreading it. I am 3 months out, love my sleeve, lost 56 lbs. I have the same issues, hard to find clothes sometimes that aren't for a 14 year old or a 70 year old (please don't anyone take offence). I am going to wear what I am comfortable in, what I feel confident in. I hope you will do the same.

Hi everyone.I'm having my surgery on October 3rd and can't wait.I'm 57 years old and so thankful that my 60's and 70's are going to be better than my 40's and 50's.:)

I will be 55 during the Christmas holidays. But - I will be the size I was when I graduated high school and college - which is a heck of a lot better than being fat and 55. For you youngsters just turning 50 - wait until the folks at AARP start sending you info in the mail! I have just now stopped tearing it up and started reading it (they have a huge staff and some well researched material). I might even join those guys at some point - you never know.

Also, thank God for clothes to hide the pleats of wrinkles that puddle at certain places on my body. And thank goodness my husband is near sided without his glasses, so I am just a fuzzy out of focus smaller woman, and he can't see all the wrinkles all the time. :P

October 16th is my birthday. I turn 58--gosh, in 2 more years I will be hitting the big 6-0! Ancient, not really! :D Ronda

Hi everyone.I'm having my surgery on October 3rd and can't wait.I'm 57 years old and so thankful that my 60's and 70's are going to be better than my 40's and 50's.:)

So you just had your surgery? Congrats, and let us know how it went!