Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does this post-op diet sound crazy?

I'm sorry - I didn't realize you had a heart attack? who is your cardiologist? My husband has a fabulous cardiologist in Westchester Hospital - Dr. Richard Kaye. I also am sorry about your spleen ... did your sister have complications after her surgery? Let me know if you plan on going to a support group in NW ... I've been going every month when they have them (usually first Thursday of each month). I really do hope you feel better soon .. hang in there ... I have no doubt you will start to feel better!!!! I was like you, though, the first 3 weeks I felt so miserable I kept telling myself I made the biggest mistake in my life. Now, though, I am feeling so much better and realize it was the best decision in my life in that it will help me live a longer & healthier life in the long run .. I feel confident the same will be true for you ..hang in there ... I'm sure it will get better! Keep me posted.

Hey Rosiegirl, I found this cardiologist named Andrew Kupersmith is at 19 bradhurst with Columbia Cardiology I don't see him until Dec 1. I don't have the best insurance. OMG to find a hematologist in Westchester that took my insurance was disastrous. I would love to go to the support groups. I have a feeling the next one is on Dec. 1. Which I have 2 Drs. Appt that day. But if you know when it is lete know the date and time. Thanks, Carole

well, if you want to see a different cardiologist & maybe sooner, give Dr Richard Kaye a call .. again, at Westchester Medical Ctr (or affiliated with) ... what insurance do you have? Not sure about hematologists, but maybe Roslin's office can help you find one .. ??? So, did you have a heart attack recently? Is that why you have to see a cardiologist? Didn't you have to see one prior to the surgery for a stress test? I thoughtI had to have a stress test prior to surgery ... but in any event, I had one 6 months prior to surgery anyway .... I used a good thoracic surgeon recently, Dr. Cathcart, and I have a good lung doctor, Dr. Molinari .. both were located in Mt. Kisco area. I really hope you continue to improve every day ... and yes, I think the next support group is Dec.1st, but will let you know if I hear otherwise ... keep up the good work and keep the faith! Let me know how things go ...

oh - btw, i believe the support groups meet at 5:30 pm every 1st Thursday eve of each month at the hospital .. (mtgs. from 5:30 - 6:30 pm) ... hope to see you there.

Hey Rosiegirl,

Yes I ended up having a heart attack the day aftr my surgery. They tried to get me up for the swallow or upper gi and they said I just crashed. I remember they were trying to get me up and I was going the other way, then I just fainted. I don't remember having any pain or anything. The whole situation is weird I am not sure of anything. But I am going to these Dr.'s because I want to be okay. Yes please let me know when the next support group is. Thank for the info on the Doctors I will see if any take my insurance. Take care, Carole

omg - i am so sorry you've been through such a rough time ... honest, I thought I had it rough in the hospital (the other people who had surgery the same day as me seemed to have had an easier time recovering than me) but it sounds like you really had a rough time .. I'm so sorry! Did your sister have any complications after her surgery? I really am hoping you are feeling better every day ... I will say a prayer for you & keep you in my thoughts. keep me posted.