Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay guys I am a total stomach sleeper and sleeping on my back/side is killinggggg me!!! I toss and turn all night. My back and butt get like sore! Its weird! But they are like really sore from sitting and then laying all night. I havent dared tried to sleep on my stomach yet because I dunno- I'm afraid. haha. I am one week post-op and really wanna try to sleep on my stomach soon though! How long did you guys wait?? Is it gonna mess anything up if I try it? haha that sounds silly, but im in desperate need of a good nights sleep!! :)

ANOTHER thing that is killing me is pureed food. I cant stand the thoughts of ANYTHING pureed so i'm sticking to yogurt, pudding, Protein shakes ect. any idea on things to eat that you dont actually have to puree?? Thanks!! :)

It's not going to hurt anything, try it - if it's too uncomfortable then go back to sleeping on your side or back for a while then try again. I was sleeping on my stomach again about a week or two after surgery.

Okay guys I am a total stomach sleeper and sleeping on my back/side is killinggggg me!!! I toss and turn all night. My back and butt get like sore! Its weird! But they are like really sore from sitting and then laying all night. I havent dared tried to sleep on my stomach yet because I dunno- I'm afraid. haha. I am one week post-op and really wanna try to sleep on my stomach soon though! How long did you guys wait?? Is it gonna mess anything up if I try it? haha that sounds silly, but im in desperate need of a good nights sleep!! :)

ANOTHER thing that is killing me is pureed food. I cant stand the thoughts of ANYTHING pureed so i'm sticking to yogurt, pudding, Protein shakes ect. any idea on things to eat that you dont actually have to puree?? Thanks!! :)

I WAS TWO WEEKS OUT BEFORE sleeping ON MY TUMMY BUT I COULD USE A PILLOW AND ALMOST MAKE IT TO MY STOMACH BY A WEEK OUT. MY SURGEON DOES MUSHIES FROM DAY 8 THRU DAY 30 SO WE EAT SOFT SCRAMBLED eggs, PINTOS WITH cheese AND AVOCADO FROM TACO BELL, tuna salad WITH RELISH BUT NO PICKLES AND COTTAGE cheese MIXED WITH ANY SF ISTANT OUDDING IS YUMMY, MASHED POTATOES, MASHED SWEET POTATOES,EGG salad ARE JUST A FEW. GOOD LUCK WITH THE SLEEPING ISSUE. CONGRATS ON THE SLEEVE.

I slept on my stomach in the hospital. I had the worst gas and when I slept on my stomach it went away. I was scared to do it. The doc and nurses saw me in that position and never said a thing. I have been sleeping on my stomach ever since and every night. I was very careful at first to lift myself up to roll over and then just lay down once I was in the position I wanted. It won't hurt a thing, even though, I was imagining my stapled stomach poking whatever is around it! :)

Not sleeping on my stomach was the worst. I feel for you. You will be able to do this soon. Try to get some rest, this too will pass. Thanks for the memories of what was on this journey. Now is great...come join me soon. Good luck to you!

It took me about 3 weeks before I could sleep on my stomach again. As far as food, I did buy baby food. I did add a bit of salt since most baby food has no salt. I also would take mashed potatoes and add the baby food meats together. It was almost like eating mashed potatoes and gravy. It also helped me to get my Protein.< /p>

I'm a stomach sleeper and having the same issue.

I'm two weeks and one day post op and I'm just now able to sleep for a little bit on my side. I think everyone is different but I have too much saggy belly fat to roll around without sharp pulling.

That's too funny! I've been having the SAME issue and asked my surgeon about it when I saw him a few days ago. I'm only 10 days post-op (was 8 at the time) but he said it wouldn't 'hurt' my sleeve at all and that I could sleep in any position I wanted to.

That being said my incisions are still sore so my sister gave me her 'belly' pillow she used during her pregnancy and it kind of cradles you in a half stomach/half side sleeping position. Its been much more restful sleeping like that.

- Bellah

I am highly pain tolerant and took no meds for pain but I am a stomach sleeper and there was some discomfort so the first week only I took pain pills to sleep on my stomach. After that I was fine and I didn't take any more pills.< /p>

As far as pureed, my nutritionist and doctor never ever said we had to do it. They said take small bites and chew and you will be alright but check with your program to see if this is ok. I would have slow cooked chicken in broth often, it was tender dark meat kind of fell off the bone, you could add some sauce to it but no need to puree. I never once pureed anything just ate slow small bites and chewed well.

I was able to sleep on my stomach once the drain was removed. My back was so sore for sleeping on my back, propped up. If you dont' have a drain, try it!

When I did puree, I had black Beans with cheese and sour cream. It was delicious. If you have a magic bullet, put the Beans in that and then add cheese before you microwave it. I also had refried beans, mashed potatoes with non-fat dried milk to add Protein. Another good thing was ricotta cheese mixed with some sauce and spices. Cottage Cheese, if you like that too. I had to get away from the sweet taste from the shakes.

My favorite was I broiled some salmon, put in magic bullet and then chewed like crazy. Seems gross but it wasn't like babyfood, just chopped and the salmon is soft. You can also do the same with chicken but add a little broth when grinding. I then added some cheese and baked it.

Before you know it, you will say, "Damned, I'm glad that's over!" LOL :D

A huge thank you guys. I toss & turn all night, I was a little scared to sleep on my tummy until I read your posts. Still in pain but not as bad. On the tummy tonight. 😁

It took me 3 weeks to be able to sleep on my stomach and about 4 to be able to do it comfortably. My back hurt so bad after surgery it was worse than the incision pain.

As for pureed I did the ricotta bake, yogurt, pudding, lots of Soups still, refried Beans with a little low fat sour cream and salsa in the blender, tuna and egg salad.