Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having the sleeve on March 29th (4 more days) -- I'm still committed but was wondering if anyone has any regrets after having it done? After reading all the posts on here, I know the beginning stinks, but how about after that?

For me each day I felt a little better. Especially after day 2.

I do not regret ANYTHING. I am so thankful that I had this opportunity.

OMG NO REGRETS!!! This is the BEST thing I've EVER done for MYSELF!!! Just remember these KEY THINGS!!!! 1. WALK ...force yourself...you have to get rid of the GAS..it is about the only pain you will feel! 2. SIP SIP SIP...at first you can't drink much so SIP ALL DAY!!!

3. EVERY SINGLE DAY you FEEL BETTER!!!!

For me the third day was the WORST...just like when you work out real hard...the third day you are more sore. Then the next time was around the 10th day....but I got out here and some told me why....I was DOING MORE..MOVING around MORE!! LOL

OH and I guess there really is a number 4. You can always POST any QUESTIONS on the website and get all the SUPPORT and HELP you need!! EVERYONE on here was SO SUPPORTIVE and HELPFUL!! I could not have done it with out everyone on here!! NO questions are SILLY...TRUST me I asked them all!!!! LOL

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I think most have buyer's remorse in th beginning, at least I know I did. And I am one of the peeps who had basically zero issues. No gas pains, no pain really at all, but I still felt my whole world had changed and there was never ever going back and I got angry with myself for about a week. Then I stop the pity party and have never looked back.:unsure:

I love going on shopping sprees.(WOW I NEED TO STOP THAT TOO.) LOL. I love I can cross my legs. I love I can walk for miles at one time. I love I can get on a bus, train, or plane and know I will have enough room for someone to sit on either side of me and not feel squashed. And I saved the best for last. I absolututely LOVE THE WAY MEN LOOK AT ME!!!!! :) The positive outweights the negitive by a long shot. I would not trade my sleeve for anything.

Deb B)

My ONLY regret is that I didn't do it MUCH SOONER. I suffered in my fat, high BP, blood sugar all over the place, and other problems - ALL of which have cleared up along with other issues I didn't really think about ( fer instance, my eczema has almost entirely cleared up ).

It is by FAR the BEST thing I have ever done in my life. If I had to trade 5 years off my life for 100+ pounds of fat lost I would even do it again.

I haven't been sleeved yet, but I don't think I'll have buyers remorse. I'm not sure, I could feel entirely differently a couple days from now, but I've been dieting since I was eleven and I'm completely neurotic by this time about weight loss. Like I can remember being totally cratered by the stomach flu and getting up the minute I felt well enough to get on the scale. I can see myself being miserable from pains and drains, lying in bed thinking, at least I'm getting thinner...

No regrets here! I've been thrilled with everything so far. I'm losing 5+ pounds a week right now. I'm not hungry...I have more energy...Life is good!!!

No way! I am 4 years out and have gained about 14 pounds but have already lost 4 barely trying so I will lose the rest in the next month or two. Never any pain at all and had it on a Thursday and was back to my desk job on Monday! I wish I could say that I exercised and was strict with my diet but never was...effortless!

No way! I am 4 years out and have gained about 14 pounds but have already lost 4 barely trying so I will lose the rest in the next month or two. Never any pain at all and had it on a Thursday and was back to my desk job on Monday! I wish I could say that I exercised and was strict with my diet but never was...effortless!

So you gained weight after your surgery? Please explain. I'm sure you had to lose some weight at least at the start.

NO regrets, even though I haven't reached goal and put on hold buying our house to be able to afford surgery(self pay in the UK), worth every penny!!

No regrets....not even in the beginning when it was a little rough. I feel each day that I am becoming the person I was meant to be. I am living life and food doesn't control me anymore! I LOVE the sleeve. I wish I could have had it much sooner.

VSG surgery/postop is not always an easy road and then learning new habits does not just happen. It is work and diligence.

No regrets, worth EVERY PENNY and more. This considering I self paid for surgery here in US.