Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so after a lot of brainstorming I decided to change my goal. My weight hasn't been moving for the last 2 months, I changed quite a few things dietwise and exercise wise and still nothing. I feel under a lot of pressure and stressed because the weight isn't coming off. I am fine with my body now, (except my tummy but I'm getting that fixed in december) So I had a chat with my husband and my best friend and they both said something that makes a lot of sense :MAybe this is the weight my body feels comfortable. My nutritionist had said that I would stop losing weight when my body felt comfortable, but I completely forgot about that. So I'm 9 lbs away from my new target ( which was what my surgeon set for me in the first place) I feel a bit frustrated because I probably won't reach the "normal" BMI, I aim now to go down to a BMI of around 25 which still is slightly overweight :( I just think that I am so happy with the way I look now, I feel so healthy, I exercise loads and I'm loving it, I run around the park with my 1 year old without feeling like I'm gonna die, but the numbers on the scales depress me, so I'm gonna ignore them when I get to my new target. I'm going to continue with my eating and exercise plan when I get to new goal, but I'm not gonna stress about numbers anymore. Does this make any sense or am I just finding excuses?

I promise I won't take it as bad criticism if you tell me what I don't want to hear, but your feedback is really important to me. This forum is a lifeline to me, I don't think I would have achieved what I have if it wasn't for all of you, thank you!:P

PS:Trying to attach pics from my42 bday,hope it workseven though there are none where you can see my body, i'll take new ones whhen I lose 9 more lbs

post-3365-13813656387723_thumb.jpg

post-3365-13813656391825_thumb.jpg

post-3365-13813656393951_thumb.jpg

I don't think you are finding excuses at all. We all had to come to a goal based on our feelings, our bodies, and plain luck.

You look so happy and healthy in your pictures. That's what it is all about. Stress isn't healthy ... making your own decisions and focusing on yourself is.

I say ... remove the stress ... enjoy your success ... and keep running around the park with your adorable little one.

Have an awesome day!!!!!!!

I think this is a good plan for you. You should Celebrate more NSVs because those are true things about weightloss. Weighing is a tool to help you know if you are on target. Numbers dont make a person. God Bless on the new changes.

You know if you have plastic surgery in December.. you know you will lose more weight right? My wife had the apron removed from her stomach and she lost are 30 pounds of skin..You will probably lose more than the 9 pounds after plastic surgery. You will be under your goal weight!!!:rolleyes: I think you have done soo great and lost soo much weight. Your picture are soo awesome..I wish you good luck and please stop worrying about your goal you look fantastic..You will be really suprised after december when you have your surgery...

Thank you guys I feel a bit better about this now. Tommorrow I'm seeing my surgeon so I'm quite nervous!

:rolleyes: I think you look awesome! I know that we all get fixated on what the scale says tho. If it isn't exactly 5lbs less then we think we are not good enough or we are just not happy about it.

Look at how far you have come and be happy with that! Continue with what you are doing and it will move. As long as you are staying healthy and living by the "sleeve rules", you will be successful.

They say the less you have to lose the harder is to lose!

Seriously tho, what is a few more lbs compared to where you have come from? It is really just a number. You really look very healthy and happy!

Good job! Oh and you baby is too cute too!

Kelly

Chilo my dear!!! You look 1. Happy, 2. Healthy, 3. Normal... and you are totally adorable to boot. Now I tell you this out of my own personal experience. Yes the scale has *some* say but not *all*. It is quite possible you body is very happy where you are now. The blasted BMI thing is really only a guideline. It does not factor into it many things... like being a bigger build or having more muscles than a normal person.

I also agree with NotFat, you will get even closer to your goal once you have your PS. That's probably the end of it right there.

I also decided to change my goal by 11 Lbs even. I remember being 165 a long time ago and I really felt at my best, most healthy and best looking at that weight. I may not even get there, without some PS too. Who knows... but for me right now - I'm off all HBP medicines and I can shop in normal size clothes. I feel successful already and I still have 45 Lbs to lose. Two of the best results of my surgery.

I hope you feel the same too, because you ARE A SUCCESS!!!

Now, no more stress, only happy thoughts - for you deserve it so much. :)

I have picked my goal out of the blue! I am ready to change it if it turns out to be unrealistic. I heard a saying on youtube last night that applies... This surgery is like getting on a train. You follow the rules and stay on the train until it stops, then you get off. You don't really know where the train will stop, but it will sometime. It is only THEN that you have arrived. As long as your health is good, and you do look fantastic by the way, then whats in a number?

Thank you guys I feel a bit better about this now. Tommorrow I'm seeing my surgeon so I'm quite nervous!

Hey Chilo,

You talk sooooooooooooooo much sense!!!

Firstly, I agree with all the comments, you LOOK amazing! You have such beautiful features and your skin is glowing! I agree, it seems your body is telling you that where you are now, is a good, comfortably and healthy weight now!

You know how fixated oin the pesky scales I am ... look where it is getting me... no where and fast! I too am re thinking my goal, but, my weight is a lot higher than yours right now... if I was in your boat, I too would be thinking in the same way that you are!

You have completely hit goal... and amazing weight loss and a substantail decrease in your dress size... you are a winner my lovely!

You constantly help me out, you are my rock and I trust your words of wisdom ... if they are good enough for me... then you should listen to them too....lol

Let us know how you get on with your surgeon... xxxx

I think this is a very good idea for you. Stressing about what the scale says instead of listening to what YOUR body is saying isn't good. You look fantastic, and it's not like you are saying "hey I'm going to start eating crap and quit exercising"...you are ready to test the waters of maintenance. And you may find that you end up dropping a few lbs before Dec. and if not, like everyone else said the plastics will certainly help.

Start enjoying your body and quit stressing about the number on the scale! I know I may fine-tune my goal as I get closer to it. I think that is normal.

I agree with you about this forum. It has truly been a lifesaver.

You guys are the best! Now this is just silly but reading your replies brought tears to my eyes. Thank you all so much!

My doctor addressed this very issue at support group this winter. He said we tend to base our goal weight onthe ideal weight charts but that many people find they stabilize at a somewhat higher weight which is the right weight for their bodies. In other words told us. it was natural and not to worry about it.

I think the scales can really be a trap in so many ways, keeping us tied to a negative thing rather than freeing us to just enjoy being in our (sometimes flappy) skin. I do believe you should go with how you feel and savour being happy and active. You look fabulous.

What can I say?? I agree with everyone else -- plus, you know that your body will keep adjusting (albeit slowly), so you never know where you'll end up -- and I agree about the surgery -- you'll probably lose another 10 pounds, so you'll be "normal" :D -- don't stress too much about this dear Chilo :) We love you and think that you are doing the right thing!! :)

Once again thanks for the feedback!

Just came back from seeing my surgeon and he's really happy with my "progress" I still find it difficult to call it progress because I only lost a couple of pounds in so many months, he says he's happy with what I achieved up to now and my goal (yep, only 9lbs to goal now)is a very realistic one. When I said that I will still not have a "normal" BMI he said it didn't matter, he doesn't have a "normal" one either (and he is VERY fit and goodlooking). SO I am happy and less stressed :rolleyes: